PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day....

slick
06-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Just want to wish all the Dads out there (to skinkids and furkids alike) and wonderful day and may you get spoiled.

I know that Father's Day is sad for me and many of you, who do not have a Dad in your life for whatever reason. Let's vow to make the most of our memories.

For those spending the day with your Dad, don't let the day go by without giving him a big hug. Dads are pretty special and I wish I could see mine one last time and tell him how much I love and miss him.

lizbud
06-17-2005, 07:08 PM
The way I view this Holiday is, everyone has a Father but not
everyone gets a Dad. I don't celebrate this day. :(

I do wish a great Holiday to all who were so lucky.:)

finn's mom
06-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I am sorry to hear that you lost your father. I lost my biological father when I was nine, and, I'd do anything to see him now. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful man that has been in my life since i was about six, though, and, I do celebrate this day. Even if I didn't have him, though, I think I'd still celebrate, just because I know a lot of dads! :)

sandragonfly
06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
...sigh. he was just my father, not daddy.

this should be happy daughter's day instead...(for me).

wish you all your father's good day, anyway. :)

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I count my blessings everyday for the past 6 years because I have a very kind step-father. :)

We are taking him to the movies and to brunch. I'm poor now that I'm on my own, so I got him a picture frame and placed a picture of us together in it (for his office) and am baking him some peanut butter cookies (his favorite).

Hope everyone has fun! Even if you don't have a "dad", you can always celebrate whatever father figure you DO have. :) I have a few people in my life that I'll be calling on Sunday to say "thank you".

Hugs, Kelly :)

carole
06-17-2005, 08:12 PM
I hope all of you have a wonderful time with your Dad's and for those who have lost their Dad that you can cherish those special moments you had with one another.

Funny thing in NZ we celebrate mother's day the same time as you, but our Father's Day is not until september, odd really.

dukedogsmom
06-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I feel sad for those that don't have their dads anymore. Mine is getting on up there. I've got his handmade card all ready and waiting.

PJ's Mom
06-17-2005, 11:00 PM
I too lost my dad. Mine passed in 1997 and I still miss him. :(

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. :)

davidpizzica
06-18-2005, 04:13 AM
I lost my dad on November 9, 2000 at the age of 96. I miss him terribly, but he is still alive in my memories. I consider myself a father to my furkids, Nikki & Daisy!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Father's Day was one week ago, here in Belgium.Always on second Sunday of June.
I am happy to still have my father. He is 82 now, and since more than 40 years, he is taking the best possible care for my mom who is 82 too. She was then diagnosed with MS, and is totally helpless. Thank you dear daddy for your unconditional love for mommy!!
This is my dad!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/parents_dad.jpg

My hubby lost his dad at very young age. Bernard was only 2 years old when his dad died of lungcancer. I am so sorry I've never met him:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh, I never realize how blessed I really am...I've got the best father and DAD in the whole world!! (my opinion of course!):D He is such a great role model, and my hero! Happy Father's day to all the fathers! And I am so sorry to those who have lost them...:(

luvofallhorses
06-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there! (even the dad with furbabies!) I already gave my dad his presents yesterday :eek: I got him a coffee cup with a stuffed gorilla in it and it has a fishing pole with a fish at the end and the coffee cup says "Wild About My Dad" and a blue t-shirt. Some of you may know my dad, he signed up here awhile ago, but doesn't post anymore that I know of because he works a lot. If he does come on here I want to say that he is the best father in the world to me and he loves my mom unconditionally which is a plus :)
Here he is:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p5886fe57cacd247f7af555d15e8d757b/f3a66239.jpg

I Love you, Daddy! :D Happy Father's Day!!!! :D ((((hugs)))))

P.S. I am so sorry for all of those that have lost them :(

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

Killearn Kitties
06-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I was 23 when I lost my dad in a road accident. He was a wonderful, wonderful man and I miss him very much.

Have a great day, dad, wherever you are!

finn's mom
06-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I just posted in the thread for lost fathers....now, I must say how lucky I am to have such an amazing dad here with me now. He and my mother married in '83, and, he has been such a role model for me. He's strong, and, reliable, and, trustworthy, and, honest. I love with him with all my heart. And, I will also always be HIS little girl. So, yeah, Happy Father's Day to all the men that step into the role of dad, unhesitatingly, and without question, regardless of biological connections. Happy Father's Day!

LeahMM
06-19-2005, 11:22 AM
My husband is the greatest dad in the world, next to mine.;)

He has custody of his two and here's one that just graduated high school.

http://img26.echo.cx/img26/1671/picture4006hk.jpg

Now, on to mine. My dad is a wonderful dad even though he wasn't part of most of my life.

http://img265.echo.cx/img265/1806/larry8xg.jpg

wolfsoul
06-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Oh, my gosh, he does look a lot like Brad Pitt! Cool! :)
Sorry, I deleted the post because the pics were so big lol. I'm redoing it though!

finn's mom
06-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Sorry, I deleted the post because the pics were so big lol. I'm redoing it though!

Ok, thanks for telling me! I thought I was going completely crackers, seriously! :eek: Ha ha, how funny! I was looking everywhere!

wolfsoul
06-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok, thanks for telling me! I thought I was going completely crackers, seriously! Ha ha, how funny! I was looking everywhere!
LOL :p

This is my dad and I when I was a baby. We are no longer in contact though and I haven't been to his house for almost three years now.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/jordanzp/da6c2fa9.jpg
And him just about a month after I was born. Everyone says he looks like Brad Pitt -- he's even been mistaken for him several times lol. I look alot like my dad. For those who've met me in real life, don't you think I look like him?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/jordanzp/3d39474c.jpg

LeahMM, your son is hot LOL.

Chica
06-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Today is for the Mothers who were also the fathers to their children. The fathers who bailed OUT ON their kids left the mothers to do all the work in raising the kids, HAVE A GREAT FATHERS/MOTHERS DAY ALSO!!!!!!!!!:) ;)
THAT WAS ME TOO!!!!!:D

Kfamr
06-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Hope you all had a better day than I did.
Happy Father's Day.

neko1
06-20-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Chica
Today is for the Mothers who were also the fathers to their children. The fathers who bailed OUT ON their kids left the mothers to do all the work in raising the kids

Don't forget about the part where the mother now has to work 3 jobs just to put a roof over the kid's head and food on the table, is now so poor that a family friend has to make clothes for the kid from the fabric factory she works at, and barely sees her kid cause she has to work so much...

That sums up my life in a nutshell. My mother was a mother and a father to me. Although I appreciate all that she's done for me, it is hard not to grow up with a stable male figure in your life. It definitely warped my feelings about men as I got older and I still carry that on with me now...oh well:o

Happy Father's Day to my Mom:)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by slick
Just want to wish all the Dads out there (to skinkids and furkids alike) and wonderful day and may you get spoiled.

I know that Father's Day is sad for me and many of you, who do not have a Dad in your life for whatever reason. Let's vow to make the most of our memories.

For those spending the day with your Dad, don't let the day go by without giving him a big hug. Dads are pretty special and I wish I could see mine one last time and tell him how much I love and miss him.

With you on this one - it was my first Father's Day since my darling Dad died in March......a day of very mixed emotions. Hope you all gave your Dads a huge hug!!