PDA

View Full Version : Oh Bandit...I miss you buddy...

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
A pretty pointless thread, but...

Well, since I rescued Bandit, my dear Border collie, I never knew his exact birthday, but it was sometime in June 1996...and back in 1997 when I got my dream dog. He was everything I could ask for...loyal, kind, my guardian and my best friend!:( When he passed away 3 years ago, I didn't think it would take this long to get over the shadow of his death, but it hasn't yet...I was just thinking of him the other day and wondered what it would be like if he had never been born...my life would have never been whole without him!!! So I just want to say...I miss you ol' Bandit buddy, and I can't wait to see you again someday!:(

chocolatepuppy
06-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Katie, It's never easy when you lose your best friend. Time helps, but the missing him is still there. Someday you will see him again! :)

luvofallhorses
06-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh, Katie :( I am so sorry, it's never easy to get over the loss of a beloved furbaby. Some people just take more time to cope with the pain and it hits us all differently you know? Of course, it hits us hard and it's hard to move on with life without them by your side. Bandit was very handsome and I know you he was lucky to have you as well as you to have him. Just try to remember the good times and I just hope the pain that you feel and the emptiness in your heart gets easier for you as time goes on.
You know I am here for you if you need anything at all (((((hugs))))))

♥

Your friend,
Krista

gemini9961
06-17-2005, 11:42 PM
RIP Bandit. You'll see him again.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Thank you all SO much...it really helped when I read your kind posts!

sandragonfly
06-18-2005, 02:43 PM
wow..great picture to not lose that little heart! :(

I have the same problem.. (with my kit, edges).. :rolleyes:. I know what ya mean.. hard to not think of your beloved ones you lost a long time ago..

he was suuch a beautiful one that you'll never forget and his such sweet paws he left into your heart...can be painful sometimes. grrrr. thinking of joy times can be difficult for us who think our little wonderful creatures make our life whole. but hey, HE has his whole life up there and will always be watching ya! ALWAYS. he can't not. :)
((hugs))

Lexi_Lover
06-19-2005, 01:37 PM
I know its hard Katie! Losing Tigger totally teared me straight down! But its good that you're thinking of him, its the people who don't think about their lost pets that confuse me and make me wonder why!

Just try to remember of all the good times hes having up there, watching your accomplishments and sending you Balzer, to help you through these tough times! He picked the perfect one!

I'm always here you know!

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks Gina and Paula...your kind words help to ease the pain!:( I try to think of all the good times I've had with Bandit, and it is slowly helping...and then of course I am EVER so thankful for Blazer!:)

Kater
06-22-2005, 03:16 AM
I feel your pain, Katie. We will never ever get over losing them. :( It is coming up on 4 years since I so suddenly lost my Jack (a border collie as well) and while the pain lessens with time, it will never be erased.
Big {{{hugs}}} to you, sweetie!!! Thank God for the wonderful memories. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much Kater! It means a lot!:(

Originally posted by Kater
Thank God for the wonderful memories. :)

This is so true!! I try to remember that when I get down!:)

K9soul
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Katie, never feel that sharing your memories and your grief are pointless. Oh how well I know the pain of missing your beloved furkids, long, long after they are gone to the bridge. I have to say that there are still times when I weep and grieve for my beloved collie boys, my Cody and Willie. I simply cannot listen to the song "My Heart Will Go On" and not break down. It is what I played over and over and over again the night I lost my Willie... :( :(

Ah, even now in the sharing of it, I'm reduced to tears. Please know you are not alone, that it's never pointless to share about your beloved Bandit, whether it be how much you miss him or sharing of a happy memory. I always feel that every time you share about a departed loved one, it brings them closer to you again and makes them smile from above. Your Bandit was a VERY special boy and always will be. You will never forget him and will forever have those love and laughter filled memories of him to hold onto until you meet again. He's watching over you and wagging with his happy smile, never doubt it! {{hugs}}

Sudilar
07-03-2005, 01:08 PM
What a handsome boy! Lovely tribute.