PDA

View Full Version : "ALMOST" a done deal!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Don't know why I do this because I hate to jinx anything, but I'm just too excited, so here goes....

It's 99% sure that we are getting a new motorhome! I hate the idea of giving up the old one, which you can see here (http://www.datslife.net/motorhome.html), but when you see the new one you will understand completely. :D

I've always been a believer that things will work out for the best and it's not a good idea to try and "make" something happen. If you're trying to hard and keep butting up against a brick wall - let it go, it's not meant to happen. So, even though this seems to be one of the most screwed up deals in the world, everything just keeps clicking and falling into place! I won't totally believe it until we're driving away in the thing, but for now it looks like a go - enough so that we will be emptying all our personal stuff out of the old one this weekend in anticipation of picking up the new one next week!

I know, you're thinking blah, blah, blah, get on with the pictures already, so here goes. Some of the Thursday crowd may have seen these already.

This one has two slides, the living room and the bedroom walls slide out. Here are the exterior views with the slides out.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p24ab4c49c8a72ff766c09fd16a8edcb7/f3a91d41.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p8d32848ea88d594bc818a3eff186f54a/f3a91d3f.jpg

The living room and kitchen areas.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p60de102db0dcee19957a3e4d9992b0f0/f3a91d49.jpg

Looking into the bedroom.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pde5acfb5618e6c5790c48e784141f797/f3a91d4e.jpg

Looking out of the bedroom.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p57aabd56f192e1e720810ed9c20ffa1b/f3a91d4f.jpg

And the enclosed toilet area. There are two "bathroom" sinks. One in here and the other in the bedroom suite area. Just like having two bathrooms which means I don't have to clean Terry's shaving cream out of the sink anymore. That will be his responsibility just like it is at home. :p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pe4792fd5fe99bab853ad047529d1e982/f3a91d46.jpg

It's just so beautiful! The only thing is there is no passenger seat, but the couch on that side goes way far up to the front so I can sit there, I will just be facing sideways instead of straight ahead - no big deal until we can get that remedied.

So here's hoping that last 1% falls into place too.....:D :D :D

Barbara
06-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Ok- so let me guess: Michael Jackson has to sell this to pay his lawyer and you just came across?:D :D :D

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
HOW EXCITING!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Its gorgeous!!!

Congrats Debbie and Terry, I hope that 1% falls into place nicely for you.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Kfamr
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Wow, that looks nicer than our house!!

Congratulations Debbie and Terry, CJ and Peanut! :D

slick
06-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh....I can feel a Thursday road trip coming on.....

Everyone on board??? Terry? Debbie? Peanut? CJ? Tubby...you watching from up yonder??

Fasten your seat belts everyone. :D

You must be so happy Debbie. Concatulations!!!!!

popcornbird
06-17-2005, 02:55 PM
That is SO neat! WOW! So are you going to be living in this permanently, and exploring the country/settling in different places for the rest of your life? Very cool! Is it hard to drive? Its HUGE, and so beautiful!!!

ramanth
06-17-2005, 03:05 PM
HOLY MOLEY!! :eek: :eek: :D :D That's a mansion on wheels!!

I better not show this to my parents. Dad wants to do what you're doing. Sell the house and current 5th Wheel Trailer and upgrade. They are talking about getting a new 5th Wheel but if they see these, they might get one!

:D

CagneyDog
06-17-2005, 03:08 PM
OMG:eek:

It's beautiful!!!!

I hope everythings works out!

neko1
06-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I was thinking the same thing!

It's beautiful!!!:)

Cinder & Smoke
06-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

"It was originally [NASCAR Driver] Dale Jarrett's coach though,
and he had a professional driver drive it from track to track
for him, so that's why there's no passenger seat.

Ex-NASCAR Coach ... :cool:

Bet it goes *F*A*S*T* !! :cool: :D

Happie Trails!!

lv4dogs
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Yup, it's a LOT nicer than my house!!!

That is wonderful! I hope all goes well with the deal! Congrats!

lizbud
06-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Your new motorhome looks very nice.:) Do you know what
it's average MPG is? Also, what's it's length? Just curious. I've
vacationed in motorhome before and really loved it.

gemini9961
06-17-2005, 07:17 PM
That is awesome. Really pretty. Hope you have tons of fun, I know you will.

finn's mom
06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Good grief! That's bigger than the apartments I've lived in! :D

dukedogsmom
06-17-2005, 08:02 PM
That is amazing! I would love to do that some day. It looks like a lot of fun and this new one is like a palace! I hope you can get it. It's super nice.

sandragonfly
06-17-2005, 08:26 PM
no way!! :eek: :eek: that pictures you took..were in your old house!! you can't lie.. :D

way cool! I've always dreamed of owning one but never knew there's more than just this house on the wheels! I'd wanna add spa and dark room in mine someday!! *squee!*

lovely one, you gotta let me on someday I meet you! geez, I'm meeeeeelting!! waa waa.. :D

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Looks a great ride.:)

Bigyummydog
06-17-2005, 08:38 PM
OMG !
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/faint.gif

You can drop the old one off here, if you're not using it any more.

It's incredible....have fun!

shais_mom
06-18-2005, 12:39 AM
wow!!
That is awweessooommmee!!!

caseysmom
06-18-2005, 02:04 AM
It is gorgeous! I am totally jealous!

carole
06-18-2005, 04:19 AM
WOW that is fantastic, very luxurious, I think it probably is bigger than my little house lol, you are very lucky and I am very happy for you, ENJOY to the max.

anna_66
06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Oh Debbie I can just hear the excitement in your voice (ok, maybe not your voice but in your words;))!!!
I really hope this all works out for you and Terry, I can't think of two people who deserve it more!

Ok, I thought your first motorhome was awesome, but this new one....WOW!!!! It's beautiful:D

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
OMG, that is simply STUNNING!!!!:eek: I want one!! You are so lucky!!:D Congrats btw;)

Rachel
06-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Luxurioius is totally the word to describe it. Hope that Peanut and CJ don't get lost in it. Maybe you need to get them a canine companion to guard and protect it while you aren't around.

Good luck with the finalization of the deal.

Bigyummydog
06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
You know?...You're gonna need help furring it up. MAXIMUS says," Ya, we could do that." Oh, btw, we'll be requiring a window seat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Do you know what it's average MPG is? Also, what's it's length?

Average MPG will probably be around 8, which is what our old one got too. It has a 500 hp Cummins ISM engine - Terry is so excited! ;)

It's 45' long, which as far as I know is as long as you can get and still be legal. Even the big Prevost and Newell bus conversions (think rock star bus) are "only" 45' long. The old one was 40' long. For some reason Terry needed 45'. I was perfectly happy with 40'. Even with the 40' there were so many places that we couldn't go, and now we'll be even more restricted. A lot of state parks and national parks have much shorter limits - like 22' or 30', so we won't be able to go to those parks. But what we'll do is find a campground nearby to those parks and then drive in with the car for the day. Not totally the same, but whaddyagonnado? :D

Thanks so much everyone. We're even closer to having the deal done. Only about .25% yet to go and that includes the actual picking up of the new motorhome which we will do at the end of next week. We're spending the weekend emptying out the old one. There are so many little touches that we added to this one to make it nicer. Things that we can't take out and things we really put our whole hearts into. So it's kind of sad, but like I told Terry, we have to focus on what we're getting instead of what we're giving up.

Thanks again for sharing in our excitement. :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-18-2005, 11:02 PM

Only about .25% yet to go and that
includes the actual picking up of the new motorhome
which we will do at the end of next week. :)

:cool:

We'll all be over next weekend - for a *RIDE*!

:p

Freckles
06-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Debbie, did you drive the 40' footer?

If yes, will you drive the 45' footer?:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2005, 01:30 PM
It's now a done deal!!! We're on our way home in the new motorhome! I would post a picture, but I'm going to run out of signal real quick so hopefully I'll be able to update tonight.

Woo hooo!!!!

Oops, Freckles, yes I had driven the 40'er and yes, I will driver the 45'er. Not a regular basis, but just so I know I can do it if I have to. :)

catlover4ever
06-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Holy Toledo Batman!!!! I was chewing some gum but my mouth is stuck open and my gum fell to the floor. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a beauty!!!! This is no Class A it's a Class A +++++.

Congratulations on your new purchase. I can not wait to see more pictures....especially with Peanut and CJ in the pictures.

NoahsMommy
06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
WOOHOO!!! Congrats on the done deal!!

Can't wait for pictures!! :)

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
woohoo!! congratulations!! have fun!! and drive safe!! see you soon with pictures!! :D :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I just saw this thread and WOW!!!!

That thing is nicer than my apartment lol. I think the kitties would love to join CJ and Peanut for a road trip :D

Awesome RV!! Congrats!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Thank so much everyone. Yes, we're still in signal range, why you ask? Because we're broke down!!! Can you believe it?!! We got exactly 53.1 miles. Terry was worried about the batteries not charging so we stopped at a Wal-Mart to get some distilled water. We parked way out in the parking lot, were walking into the store when I turned around to look at the motorhome. My mouth hit the floor - the entire back of the coach was covered in oil! :eek: :eek: :( :mad: :eek:

We discovered it was the hyrdaulic filter that was leaking and blew hydraulic oil all over the place. So, to make a long afternoon into a short story, we met the nicest lady who has been hauling us around to parts store and such and helping us out (she's a mechanic by the way, can you believe the luck?) and we're going to be towed to a place in Dallas that will be able to work on this tomorrow and hopefully get us back on the road tomorrow. If not, I'll have to fly home and Terry will have to take a few more days off to get it fixed and then get it home.

Whew, what an ordeal. I still love it though. These things can happen to any motorhome anywhere, so I don't feel we bought a lemon or anything like that. We just need to get some issues straightened out. ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :)

So, I'll fill you in on more when I get a chance.....

Oh, by the way, in order to be towed you need to disconnect the driveline! Terry seems like it's no big deal but geez-o-man, what does that all involve? :eek:

lizbud
06-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh man.:eek: Hope you get everything fixed up soon.:)

Cinder & Smoke
06-25-2005, 12:23 AM

We got exactly 53.1 miles.
:eek:

:(

Memo:
Next Tyme - take a Longer Test Drive around a bigger block!

"... so I don't feel we bought a lemon or anything like that.
We just need to get some issues straightened out." ;)

You're taking this a LOT better than *I* would! :p

Any chance of this being covered by a "Warranty"??

Too bad the NASCAR Pit Crew isn't still around the Ole Team Bus!

Drive Line?
DIRTY Job ... the Tow Truck Guy will prolly do it - let him!
The price to DO IT will probably be included in the tow bill.

And don't forget to back off the BRAKES, too ~
Unless the tow truck will supply AIR to the MH
to keep the Brakes RELEASED.

And TRY to get all (or MOST) of the Hydro Oil cleaned off before
you Fire It Up again - you don't want to add a
:eek: *Fire In the Engine Compartment* :( to the
List of "Issues". (Hydro oil *burns* if it gets hot enough!)

GOOD LUCK!! ;)

/s/ Phred

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the warning, Phred. The tech guy warned us about that too, but they had wiped so much off trying to find the leak that he didn't think the amount that was left would be a problem.

We were up until Midnight last night, trying to find a leak! We could not recreate the problem, so how can you fix something that isn't broken?:rolleyes: This morning they tightened a few things up and removed a gauge that seemed to be loose (plugged that hole up good) and so far, we've been stopping about every 50 miles or so and all we've seen is a teeny tiny dribble of oil down the filter. So, either the probelm miraculously (sp?) fixed itself or something was loose or it came from the gauge that we removed. Either way, Terry is now much much much much much much much happier - but not totally happy, but it looks like we'll at least be able to make it home. Next weekend's grand plans of surprising my mom will probably have to be canceled, but I can deal with that. As long as we're home where we have familiar repair facilities and we can both go to work and I can pick up Peanut - that's all that matters.

So, life is returning to being good. ;) Now if we can get some sleep tomorrow I'm sure things will look a lot better to us.

sandragonfly
06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
:eek: :o :eek: wow! *shakes my head...* a long trip to your new one, peanut, cj, and now this.. just be glad it's not something worse and hope you'll BE home!!! it's waaay better than be out there nowhere, not knowing where you're or how close you're to shops you needed. and to be home in time to visit the princess peanut! she needs you.. :(

many thoughts on way and post up as soon as you get home! :D

captain
06-26-2005, 08:12 PM
WOW - missed the whole thread - so from ALMOST to DONE, to break down to getting home!!!!

Fantastic!!!
It looks great