PDA

View Full Version : I "need" Pet Talk!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Yes, I've realized that I am truly addicted and there's no hope for me. :o

It's been just crazy around here - work, school, selling the Corvette, buying a new motorhome - and I've discovered that the only thing that is keeping me sane is PT. Even though I haven't been posting that much, I still come here almost everyday. All the pics of the adorable kitties - and sometimes doggies and pets - are the comic relief I need to break up my day and make me smile.

So...just wanted to say thanks to Karen and Paul for starting this forum and also thanks to all of YOU for participating and making PT the best place in the world to be when life throws too much at you.

C'mon everybody, how's about a nice big {{{group hug}}} :D

slick
06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
:o :o Hello, my name is Slick and I'm a Pet Talkaholic.
**sigh** Boy this is hard.......
It all started in the Fall of 2002. I found the link to Cat of the Day from another website. At first I would visit a couple times a week just to see what kitty was on the front page. Soon, I checked the Pet of the Day and the Dog of the Day.

I didn't have a computer at home at the time and before long I was spending every lunch hour checking them out. A month later, I decided to click on the link for Pet Talk. I was so amazed at what I found. I loved reading all the stories and gawking at the pictures. The next thing I know, I'm going into work early just to check out PT. I signed up in Dec of 2002 when I had a question about Speckles. From then on, my addiction has grown.

I now have a computer at home.....just for PT. I now have email at home.....just to correspond with PTers. When I can't sleep, I log on to PT or send late night emails to PTers.

It's now gotten so bad that I turn on PT first thing in the morning and as soon as I get into work. My holidays now revolve around PT meetings and my nights are haunted with PT dreams. I have developed new worries over PTers who have become my best friends.

God, please don't save me from this compulsion....it feeds my brain and fills my heart with love.:) :D Thank you Karen and Paul.

Barbara
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
If someone had told me 5 years ago that I would ever post 100 posts on one website I would have smiled mildly and said "Never."

When people told me you can meet people at the internet I would have thought: "Go -get yourself a life."

And now?????????????

*still shakes head and cannot believe it"

Love you all:D :D

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
aawww!! I love you guys too!!

This place is the BEST! Where else can I come for love, support, to vent AND see gorgeous dogs, cats and pets??

OH! And...the friends!! Where else can one person have so many people care for you??

Yay for PT!!! :D

luvofallhorses
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I do love it here. There is such a great support group here, people who know their stuff, nice and friendly people who love their pets dearly :D There are some fun and interesting games to play, etc. I love you guys! http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif

lvpets2002
06-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I just started this week & already feel in Love with the Web Site & I can talk to the world & best of all I can show off my Wonderfull Loving Babies that I Love so Much of to the whole world. Thanks go out to Karen & Paul ;) :) :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Add me to that "grouphug"!! http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20958%20grouphug.gif. I am SO thankful for all the friends I've met here. We all have one thing in common: our never-ending love for our pets!! I am proud to be a member of this worldwide group of friends!!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20959%20grouphug.gif
Thank you Karen and Paul for making this wonder possible!!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

Randi
06-17-2005, 03:50 PM
We have got to face it, we're addicted!! :D From the beginning (spring 2002) I was on PT quite a lot, but it took me 3 days to start posting. :eek:

I had a period where I had to log on right after breakfast, but now I do the things I need to do first. ;) However, I couldn't go a day with out logging on, and I get SO annoyed if the connection is down!

I've got many new friends here, and even met some of you. :) We've had a lot of fun over the years, and the good advice and support from you all has been wonderful! :)

A big hug from me, and thank you, Karen & Paul for all your hard work!

davidpizzica
06-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Add me to the group hug!! I'm finding that I'm on before work, after work, in the evenings, and sometimes late at night (when I'm supposed to be sleeping)! If it wasn't for PT, I would't have the love of my life, Moosmom. Also everyone on PT was SO supportive when when I had my knee replaced. I love you all, and especially Karen and Paul for starting this wonderful site!

Laura's Babies
06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
It has been the one normal thing left in my life since Eddies accident. I gave PT a quick scan everytime I got on the web at the hospital. That was the only thing in my life that was the same. I am sure it will be again when I go back to Norfolk next month. I just missed seeing the pictures really bad! (hospital computers wouldn't show the pictures. :( )

furrykidsmother
06-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Add me to the group hug. I started out just looking at the Cat of the Day pictures, then the previous pictures. Then I discovered "Pet Talk". Wow!!! Addicted ever since. I have to check in during the day when I am at work, just to see what is going on. I find myself worrying and wondering how everyone is doing. This is like an extended part of my family. I am very grateful for this website, in fact without it I may have lost my little Gidget. Fortunately, there are people here who are smarter then some of the vets out there and were able to help me, help them to discover her problem before it was to late. So, thank you Karen and Paul for creating this wonderful place and thank you to all who have helped, supported, suggested, sent prayers and hugs and good thoughts to me and mine and everyone here!!

RedHedd
06-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Me too! Me too!

A day without Pet Talk is like a day without sunshine! It's one of the first things I check - after looking at the Pets of the Day. I keep peeking back during the day to see if anyone's added a pic, had something happen, needs prayers, is celebrating a birthday. You're all a part of my extended family!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/mrstraetz.gif

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 09:31 PM
When I'm feeling down, this place gives me such a lift. I love looking at everyones pups, and the advice and support is second to none, so I have to give a big thankyou to everyone.:)
It is now one of my biggest wishes to be able to meet the wonderful people on here. It could happen one day.:)

bluekat
06-17-2005, 10:46 PM
PT is sometimes better than real life for me :p

Everyone here is seriously the nicest bunch of people I've ever met, I love you all! :D

Anita Cholaine
06-18-2005, 10:06 AM
I dont have too much time here, but I love this place!! I'm sooo glad I found PT........ I can just stay hours reading the posts and looking the pics of your pets.......its true that its addictive!
I dont know you very well yet, but I know you are all great persons!
So, thank you all guys!:)

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I admit it...I am a Pet Talkaholic!:D I may not post as much as many of you, but it is sure the one place I hang out a LOT!:D You guys are awesome--and our pets totally rule!!!:D:D:D

sandragonfly
06-18-2005, 01:44 PM
hey debbie,

I can see how happy you're! and all others how this site is great spirit for you. :) bet yours animals are thanking everyone here for our love, advices/insights, supports and vibes!

I thank karen too, (and the dear miss hoppy) for giving us this wonderful chance meeting some awesome, understanding people, sharing our tears, laughs and love for all of us and our pets.

this definitely is a best place where people are best at sharing their sympathy for our every special pet here! who couldn't deny? ;)

a while ago..we had 100,000 posts...now we're close to 100,000 threads!! :eek:

*joining the huggles* :)

Karen
06-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone who thanked us - but we just built it! All of you are what really make this place special. Pet people are just the BEST, whther or not they have any pets at the moment. They're just - you're all just - a breed apart from the rest of humanity!

chocolatepuppy
06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Pet Talk is a big part of my life and it's great being with so many other animal lovers! It's so cool to talk to all of you all over the world! And when things are hectic, I can check into Pet Talk and forget about everything else for awhile! :D

jenluckenbach
06-18-2005, 08:18 PM
PLEASE let me join in the group hug. I could probably count the number of friends I have in my locale on one hand, but I can't even begin to count all the friendship I have found here. Not only can I bore you with my endless cat stories, but you picked me up at the lowest part of my life, my recent bout of depression. And you allowed me to give back to you when you were in need.

Pet Talk Rules!

LeahMM
06-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm here allot of the time as well but I dont post much for the fact that I don't get many responses. Making friends on a message board is a really hard thing to do.

BTW I'm sitting outside, the sun is setting, and my dogs are gleefully playing........okay, fighting with each other. Dad just yelled at them so all is quiet now. He's in the cooking area, also outside, watching tv.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2005, 05:27 AM
Me too! I love it here :D

sirrahbed
06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by LeahMM
I'm here allot of the time as well but I dont post much for the fact that I don't get many responses. Making friends on a message board is a really hard thing to do.

Leah - keep posting and you will make friends here on PT.:D Karen says this now and then - but look at the views rather than the responses and you will see that many folks read but don't always have time to post comments:)

PT is my home page so I see cute animals the first thing in the morning. I MUST logon even before my first cup of coffee:eek: I usually read through at least two cups!!

I have also had the pleasure of meeting several PT friends in real life and have a few that I talk to on the phone regularly - one phone call was over FOUR hours!!:p