PDA

View Full Version : Gemini - Cat born with two faces

RedHedd
06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Oregon Cat Born With Two Faces
-
Thursday, June 16, 2005

(06-16) 19:57 PDT Roseburg, Ore. (AP) --

A newborn kitten recently entered the world with two faces and, hopefully, at least nine lives. Gemini was born Sunday with two mouths, two tongues, two noses and four eyes.

"I kind of feel sorry for her, because I can't know for a fact if she's going to live or die," its owner, Lee Bluetear of Glide, told the (Roseburg) News-Review. "If she makes it, she should be a perfectly normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."

Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross, who examined the kitten on Tuesday, said he can't estimate the kitten's life span. He said when he first saw the kitten, he wouldn't have given her more than a 10 percent chance of survival.

"With the three of our veterinarians here, we have a combined total of 50 years of experience," Ross said. "We have never seen anything like this."

Bluetear, 40, said Gemini is much stronger and drinking more milk than in its first few days. Ross said that if the kitten does survive, it might need surgery to remove the extra tissue in between its two mouths.

Bluetear has been breeding different kinds of animals, starting with dogs, since 1980. Roughly three years ago, she discovered a litter of smaller than normal kittens she calls "miniature cats."

She now has plans to market the miniature cats, which grow to about 4 pounds, on the Internet.

Gemini was born to a miniature mother and a full-size father.

"Everybody is totally amazed that this thing exists," Bluetear said.

___

Information from: The News-Review,

www.oregonnews.com

URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/06/16/national/a195752D37.DTL

janelle
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
AWWW poor kitty but it's like the little girl who was born with two heads. The surgeons removed the one head and the little girl has made it so far. Just sad.

DJFyrewolf36
06-17-2005, 01:05 PM
"Specialty" breeding really irritates me. :mad: Sigh, I wish people would just leave well enough alone and let nature do its thing. (Or even better, Adopt!)

I do hope that Gemini pulls through.

moosmom
06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Bluetear has been breeding different kinds of animals, starting with dogs, since 1980. Roughly three years ago, she discovered a litter of smaller than normal kittens she calls "miniature cats."

I'm with you DJ.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I cannot stand backyard breeders!

QueenScoopalot
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76136&highlight=Deuce
I can't find the first thread about this poor baby with the same condition. It sounds to me as though this 'backyard breeder' should knock it off and spay & neuter her cats. There's thousands of kittens being killed in shelters across the country, and it's tragic that more are being brought into the world like this. Hope the baby does better than Deuce. :(

kittycats_delight
06-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
"Everybody is totally amazed that this thing exists," Bluetear said.

This thing ?!?!? THIS THING ?!?!?! This thing as she calls the poor little girl is a living breathing gift. And she created her this way. If there is anything that is "THIS THING" it would be her. People like that make me so angry what gives them the right to play god and then when they create a "BOOBOO" call it a THING? And really have no more concern, compassion or regret for what they have done.

I hope that Gemini makes it and I hope this women is stopped from trying to create a new breed of cat. She doesn't seem to give a crap about what she has done and she seems to be planning on continuing to do it and try to make a profit at it too. What the hell is wrong with some people can someone tell me that?

catmandu
06-17-2005, 08:09 PM
YOU ARE SO RIGHT,MICHELLE,THIS IS A CREATURE,OF GOD,NOT A THING,AND I BELEIVE,THAT IT SHOULD BE A CRIME,TO MAKE MUNCHKIN CATS,THAT ARE HAVING BACK PROBLEMS,AND CLOINING PETS.I HERA,THE COPY CAT,IS HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS,AS DID DOLLY,THE CLONED SHEEP.BAAAH!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos761.jpg

furrykidsmother
06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I am with you, this is not a "thing"! It is a living, breathing creature of God. No matter that it is different, it deserves to be loved and treated with the best care. I too hope this woman is stopped! I don't know what is wrong with people out there, but there certainly are plenty of them. Lets hope that this little baby survives and if she does, then whoever gets her just has 2 heads to get headbumpies from rather than just 1. What a lucky person!