PDA

View Full Version : Mamma...the best gift I ever got back!

Jennsen
06-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally Mamma cat was given to a neighboring farm when she was a kitten. The neighbor then went on vacation 2 weeks later and hired me to feed his horses for a week. When they returned, he handed me Mamma "kitten" for my payment instead of a check! At the time( I was 12yrs old) I wasnt very happy with my neighbor, I was looking forward to going shopping. And I didnt realize how lucky I was to get her back! She was a dear and wonderful cat and was very loved until she passed on at the age of 17yrs old...I was 29, who would have thought! I miss her very much...she was one of a kind!

This picture is when she was around 10yrs old

Karen
06-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Aww, what a sweet face! Thanks for sharing her memory with us, sounds like she's got a permanent spot in your heart!

catmandu
06-17-2005, 06:46 PM
ITS FUNNY,THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN,SO MANY THINGS,FROM MY YOUTH,BUT I REMEMBER BOSCO,THE DOG,AND OF COURSE,ALL THE CATS,WE HAD,AS A FAMILY.
I CAN STILL REMEMBER,MY MOTHER,AND I SHARING A COKE,WAITING,FOR ONE,OF OUR CATS,TO COME RUNNING HOME,IN THE MOONLIGHT,AND HOW RELEIVED WE,WOULD BE,TO SEE OUR FURRY FRIEND.

MOMMA CAT,WAS A TREASURE,AND WOULD BE PLEASED,AND HONORED,TO KNOW,THAT YOU REMEMBER HER,WITH SUCH LOVE,AND FONDNESS.RIP MOMMA CAT,AND YOU WILL,SEE YOUR FRIEND AGAIN,ONE FINE DAY.

slick
06-18-2005, 08:12 PM
What a sweet tribute to dear Mamma Cat. Have fun at the RB little one.

Jennsen
06-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Thank you everyone for your warm thoughts!

catmandu, when I read ," and you will see your friend again one fine day" it reminded me of a beautiful memorial for your pets...
It's a song and poem mixture, and I hope you all enjoy it:)

The website is,

http:// indigo.org/rainbow/

(if your like me, you might want to get a hanky ready)