PDA

View Full Version : Update so far on BP contract offer

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 12:55 AM
A little update on the takeover of my company.

A curious thing happened this afternoon. I was visiting another BP site, when the Managing Director of BP New South Wales, also called in. He handed the manager there a contract, then asked for diections to another one of our sites to hand a contract over to that manager. The thing is, he didn't offer one to me at all or even spoke to me about it, which kind of makes me wonder if I'm going to get one. Maybe he doesn't want me, or maybe he wishes to move me to a more operational role. (I have heard whispers of this). Either way it is rather disconcerting not to know exactly what is going on. I have been involved in corporate takeovers before, so I know what can happen to management in these situations. I have taken the following week of work. I plan to investigate the legal options open to me just in case I need too. The problem could stem from the fact that when I was working for these guys before, I was caught up in a power play of directors, which was actually nothing to do with me. But I guess one's bright young man, is anothers pain.:(

Think I will cuddle my pups this weekend, the current turn of events hasn't put me in the best of moods.:(

gemini9961
06-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Hope everything turns out okay for you Trev.

Vette
06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
I also wish you the best of luck and hope things turn alright for you. hang in there dude!

and heres Kirby giving you two paws up on your hard work. ;)

Killearn Kitties
06-17-2005, 03:28 AM
These situations are always a nightmare, aren't they? It's really difficult when no-one knows what is going on and everyone is tense. Everything always seems to take so long to resolve as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out well for you.

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 03:59 AM
I have just received a phone call from BP, and they have decided not to offer me a contract. It smells a bit fishy to me and probably a result of my previous employment with them I think.:( This is turming out to be a fairly bad day.:(

Kirby made me smile though.:)

LoudLou
06-17-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Trev. :( Cuddle up with the Furkids today, they'll make it better for a bit.

LOUD Louie sez,

I think it smells fishy too!;)

joycenalex
06-17-2005, 05:16 AM
yeah, this smells tainted too. do you have an employment lawyer? it might be time to talk to one. sorry about this trev

Ginger's Mom
06-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear this, Trevor. Take the weekend off to relax and cuddle with the furkids. Then on Monday you can talk to your lawyer and the headhunters. I am sure you will find a better position as a result of this, because in my opinion, someone would have to be crazy not to want you on their team. Enjoy your weekend.

RobiLee
06-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm wishing you all the best, Trevor. So sorry that you are going through this. I hope you can relax and enjoy some of the weekend.

Best wishes....Robin

slick
06-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Trev, I'm so sorry about this job situation. All fingers and paws crossed here that everything works out OK.

Trevelle sends sqeaks and purrs.

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Thankyou everyone for your support. I'll get it together next week and persue options, I'm just a little out of sorts right now to do much.

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh Trev, I'm sorry to see this. I don't know what's going on with your company (I think I missed something), but if they don't offer you a contact, they are stupid!! They are passing up a good thing and thats their loss.

You deserve better. You are always very positive and mature...you'd make a fine manager ANYWHERE.

I hope your search next week proves successful.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

luvofallhorses
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I am so sorry Trev :( I wish you the best of luck ((((hugs)))))
Buster says he's rootin for ya!