PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Dishwasher is screeching at me!!

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Uh oh! My dishwasher sounds REALLY cranky!! I use it about every other day...and normally it works perfectly!! Its quiet and gets everything sparkly!

Tonight...its less than happy. Its making a grinding noise. :( I keep opening it, moving the parts around and everything is fine. Its not overloaded and nothing is blocking anything.

Any ideas??

I'm going to call the repair people tomorrow morning. I'll hide a few of the furkids, to be safe.

Darn it...I don't like when things break down. Even if I don't have to pay for it.

carole
06-16-2005, 10:00 PM
We had a similar problem with our dishwasher, we replaced a few seals etc, but then we just decided it was best to get a new one, especially after it leaked and ruined our beautiful new wood floor, it might just be something little, or you may just have to decide to throw it on the scrap heap.

At least it is not a human dishwasher screeching at you, lol,believe me we only lasted one week without a dishwasher, we were out to that shop as soon as we could to get a new one, I have had one since my daughter was a few months old, and now I would be lost without one, empathy going your way Kelly.:)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Wow...well, whatever it is, I hope they can fix it tomorrow. I'm wierd about germs and run EVERYTHING through there!!

;) This is the good part about throwing all my money away in rent....they come and fix everything for free!! ;)

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd ask my dad but he's sleeping... Hopefully whatever's going on will be fixed!

I wonder if it's a stripped gear or something?

carole
06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Wow that is a good deal Kelly, then you need not worry too much thank goodness, you have enough on your plate right now sweetie.:)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I wonder if it's a stripped gear or something?
That's kind of what it sounds like....I wonder if that's an easy fix?

Hmmm.....

AlleyCat
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi Kelly,
Definitely sounds like a motor problem. That happened to us years ago. From a repair standpoint you're so lucky to be in an apartment where they'll repair it all for free !! I'm moving to a new house in just a couple of weeks so I'll have all brand new appliances, so that'll be something good! Let us know what you find out about your dishwasher.

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Kelly, I hope that they'll be able to fix it but if they can't then maybe they'll have to replace it with a brand new dish washer.:) Good luck.:)

Cataholic
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
LOL...a dishwasher? LOL....what is that? I haven't had a DW for 5 years now, and with just me, Jonah and the cats, I really don't miss it. Well, it would be nice to hide stuff in there, I suppose.

I hope it gets fixed!

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Called the office and they're sending someone out to look at my dishwasher. I hope its an easy fix...I don't want repair people around this weekend. ;)