PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who make animated avatars

K9soul
06-16-2005, 08:29 PM
I was experimenting making an animation awhile ago using the animation shop that came with my paintshop pro 7. My question is, if someone can tell me, how do I save the animation as a gif without it looking so grainy? Even with the optimal quality setting it comes out looking grainy when I save it. Any tips much appreciated!

dukedogsmom
06-16-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know what to tell you because I've never had that problem and I use the same program.

captain
06-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Jess,

It sometimes depends on the quality of the pics used - but I would ask Kfmr or tomkatzid (I know they both do fantastic things with ANYTHING!!! photo related!)

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Can I see an example by what you me by graniy?

K9soul
06-16-2005, 09:34 PM
It seems to me it has something to do with some option or setting when I save something as a gif image. Here is what I mean. The first picture is saved as a jpeg, the second as a gif.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/examplejpg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/examplegif.gif

I tried experimenting with the save options on the gif but I can't seem to figure it out. I have to be missing something.

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 09:40 PM
When you go to save it - there's about 3 steps that you go through. "The first one is Animation Quality Versus Output Size"

Make sure the little bar is all the way to the top, towards the better image quality. That's the only thing I can think of that's making it that bad. Saving it to better image quality still takes a bit away, but it's better than what you're showing. (I tried doing it with the original that you posted and it didn't turn out as bad as the Gif one.)

K9soul
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Sorry for my late reply, my power went out almost right after I posted the examples.

Thanks Kay, I will mess around with it some more and if I still have problems will do some google searches to see if I can't figure it out. At least I know it can be saved to look better than what it's turning out for me, so it's a matter of finding out exactly what my save options should be set at.

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
No problem. Let me know if it works, if not i'll mess around with mine some more to see what the problem is.