PDA

View Full Version : Alaskan kitties can't take the heat

kuhio98
06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
It hit 75 degrees at our house today (don't laugh, this is a hot day for us!). I was out in the driveway saying goodbye to a friend when Pepper came outside to see what was going on. Well, her little, tender, Alaskan puddy-paws hit the asphalt and she got an unpleasant surprise. Have you ever seen a kitty try to run for the grass while attempting to keep all 4 paws in the air? :eek:

Poor baby. Sorry, no pictures. I was too busy trying to grab her to keep her tootsies from blistering. :)

Reminds me of my childhood, hot-footing it across the sand at the beach. :cool:

jenluckenbach
06-16-2005, 06:58 PM
AHHHHHH! 75, perfect weather! Hard to image it too hot for the kitties, though. (as the last few days hit the 90's) :eek:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-16-2005, 06:58 PM
hope she made to the grass quickly before her little toes got to hot :)

kittycats_delight
06-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh no poor Pepper. Meowmie should know better than leaving the asphalt bare with those tender tootsies around. Now meowmie, you know that once it starts getting warm you have to roll out the red carpet O-V-E-R the asphalt so those soft and delicate little pawsies don't get burned. :p

slick
06-16-2005, 07:13 PM
puddy-paws
:D Now there's a new addition to the Furminology Dictionary! :D

Poor little girl! I know just how you feel because in the summer I love to go barefoot and it sure gets hot on the roads. Take care of those widdle feetsies.

momcat
06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
For the past two weeks, the heat around here has been BRUTAL!!!!! 75 degrees sounds so wonderful. Watch out for those little feetsies little kittys whether it's hot or cold outside.....

dukedogsmom
06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Heat?? I would kill for 75 degrees. It's horrible here now. Poor kitty got a rude awakening.

catmandu
06-16-2005, 08:25 PM
WE JUST GOT OVER A HOT SPELL,AND I LEAVE LOTS,OF WATER OUT,FOR THE PORCHIES.AND NOW,THAT CHARCOAL,IS IN,THERE MORE FOOD,FOR THE OUTSIDE CATS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture459.jpg

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 08:36 PM
So thats where our CA sun went!!! ;)

Poor girl, that would have been a shock for a kitty that wasn't used to hot cement!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 02:03 PM
:D :D

I can just picture it and the mental image is hilarious, so I can only imagine that the real thing was even more so. :D

Poor toasted tootsies! :D

Catsnclay
06-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Only 75 degrees, huh?? That is our WINTER temptures!!! :D This past week we had 108, 105 yesterday it cooled down to 104, and it isn't even summer yet!!!! :cool: :cool:

Enjoy your 75 degrees..............:D

BTW I would have loved to seen Pepper do the Puddy-paws dance !!

Glacier
06-17-2005, 03:33 PM
LOL! The Yukon kitties hide in our bedroom alot during the summer! The huskies have been acting like they might melt if they move! it's about the same temp here!

sandragonfly
06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
hey..be careful what you complain about!! ;) *stealing your sun!!*

poor that kitty! must be so used to cold surfaces.. I think this is a little bit funny! :p

*expects..well hopes alaska to be cold again...I just stole the sun!* ;)

rosethecopycat
06-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Nice story, I bet it was something to see.:eek:

Mr. Jones, whose coat is SO thick, actually prefers the 95 degree weather to the 70 degree weather of the winter, here in FL.

The hotter the better, says he.