PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 Earthquake in So. California

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Hope this isn't the beginning of what's to come. Earthquakes....go away!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050616/ap_on_re_us/california_earthquake

We felt it...didn't think it was a 5.3 though...but with how far away it is from us, it makes sense. :eek:

slick
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Could everyone from Cali please check in and let us know you are OK. I've emailed Richard and awaiting response.

signed,
worry wort

CagneyDog
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
OMG :( Thats so scary!

I hope everyones alright:(

flamepony12
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I felt it about 1/2 hour- an hour ago... Just felt like someone was pushing my computer chairup and down, I also heard some rattling... We're in Agoura, I think it was supposed to be in Big Bear or something...

popcornbird
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
First the tsunami warning in Northern California, now the earthquake in Southern California. Scary. I hope the faults all calm down soon. :( Jeez...something's seriously wrong with California this year. I mean...when its JUNE and we still need to wear light jackets (well today anyway)....in 'supposedly' one of the warmer states, then well....there's a problem.

I just read this on weather.com.....

:eek:

THE SIERRA NEVADA AND SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS WILL SEE A RETURN TO WINTER LIKE CONDITIONS WITH SNOW OVER THE MOUNTAIN PASSES TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING. ANYONE PLANNING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES TODAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND... ESPECIALLY BACK COUNTRY HIKERS AND CAMPERS IN THE SIERRA NEVADA AND SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS ARE ADVISED TO BE PREPARED FOR COLD WET WEATHER AND TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE WEATHER FORECASTS TODAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND....

Snow? SNOW in JUNE? See....California's messed up. LOL!

Hey everyone. Want to ski in June? Come to Sunny California. ;)

flamepony12
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

lol ^_^

slick
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Just heard from Richard. He's OK.

furrykidsmother
06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
I am originally from Glendora, California. I know how scary those quakes can be. Hope everyone is well and safe. Please let us know!!

wolflady
06-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

LOL LOL You got that right!

The weather worldwide has been so strange this whole year. It really freaks me out sometimes. Apparently there was a 7.5 earthquake north of me, but I didn't feel a thing...perhaps it's because it happened way out in the ocean which caused the short tsunami warning.

Usually by now the rain has gone away for the season and it's hot. Granted, we had a couple of warm days, but even today the rain has returned, which is unusual.

If we get a plague of locusts or frogs...then I'll really be worried!! :eek:

**hugs**

RedHedd
06-16-2005, 06:54 PM
It's supposed to rain tonight here in northern CA. No quakes that I have felt, but one of our attorneys said he did feel the earth move the other night .... I didn't ask him for details as he can be a brat :rolleyes: He's the flaming jello shot guy :D we have LOTS of fun in our office!

Chica
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM
EARTHQUAKE, WAS DOWNGRADED TO 4.9. WE FELT IT! ;) IT ONLY LASTED 5-10 SECONDS.:D I'M A CALIFORNIAN, AND REALLY USE TO THEM. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh gosh, we used to live right in that area! Doesn't sound too bad although a 4 earthquake seems big to me!:rolleyes: :p ;)

manda_moo87
06-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Ooo... I hate earthquakes!! We get them up here once in a while.

luvofallhorses
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
:eek: :( I hope everyone is alright. ((((hugs))))