PDA

View Full Version : small uppydate.... *sigh of relief*

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
No, I haven't spoken with my boss, she's still out ill today. But, I did talk to my doctor's office.

He prescribed me darvocet to take daily, so that I'll be better equiped to make it to work every day.

I know its small, but it helps me to know I have SOMETHING that'll help me stay at work and be a good employee.

Thanks again for your advice and concern. You guys really do help me a lot.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

luvofallhorses
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Yay! :) I do hope it makes you feel better and everything goes well when you talk to your boss! ((((hugs)))) I will be praying for you! :)

jenluckenbach
06-16-2005, 05:32 PM
OH? Your boss is out sick today??? I wonder if she will get fired??? :rolleyes: :p

I hope that everything works out for you Kelly!

Karen
06-16-2005, 05:36 PM
I hope the darvocet does the trick for you. You'll be in our prayers, still.

dukedogsmom
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
OH? Your boss is out sick today??? I wonder if she will get fired??? :rolleyes: :p
Yeah, I wonder if you should call her at home and question HER illness? *end sarcasm* I hope it helps. I know it's a pretty strong drug so it should help you.

slick
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Kelly, hon, I sure hope things start to improve with this new drug. You know I'm here if you need to talk.

slick xo

neko1
06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm praying real hard that this works for you! Stay strong!:)

jennifert9
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Good news Kelly! I hope it helps. Perhaps you should have your doctor talk to your boss!? He/she can set her straight on your illness and perhaps she will stop being such a hard *ss. Not to give away any personal info obviously but to discuss what you are going through and the consequences of that.
I hope you are feeling better!

anna_66
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Hmmmmm...your boss is ill now hu? Guess she shouldn't have been so harsh to you should she have now;)

I'm glad you were prescribed something that will hopefully make it easier to bear the pain when your at work:)

Daisy and Delilah
06-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear the good news Kelly. Hopefully, the Darvocet will help you. Now that you can make it into work every day and you'll be feeling better, you'll be setting an example for your boss to try to do better with her attendance. lol Just remember that the "Intermittent FMLA" is still a great option in case you aren't feeling well in the future. Hang in there hon. You deserve the best!!:D

Terry

rg_girlca
06-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I just finished reading all the posts on your thread, "Prayers....I need something." I am so sorry that you had to go through all those emotional feelings, but now, reading this, I am glad that your were able to get the medication to help with your pain.

Prayers and positive thoughts that things will improve for you in the next few days. I'm telling you Kelly, you are a much stronger person that I could ever be. Stay strong and positive.

chocolatepuppy
06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Wow Kelly, your boss is sick? ;) I hope the pain meds help you! I also hope you get things straightened out with your boss. :)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks, guys! :)

The darvocet isn't new for me. I'm just going to take it each morning to try and prevent pain. I usually take it if I feel the pain coming on at work...its strong, but when it works, in enables me to stay there until I need to go home for real meds.

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to my boss tomorrow when she gets in.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Logan
06-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Kelly, I'm sure you have built up a resisitance. If I took a Darvocette, I'd be out like a light! It is a "nighttime" drug, only, for me. At least when I've had to have it for neck and back pain, I could only take it at night or I couldn't function.

I hope this will help!!! :)

Logan

petslover
06-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey Kelly!

I hope the medicine works for you. God Bless. I hope everything works out for you.

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Kelly, I'm sure you have built up a resisitance. If I took a Darvocette, I'd be out like a light! It is a "nighttime" drug, only, for me. At least when I've had to have it for neck and back pain, I could only take it at night or I couldn't function.

I hope this will help!!! :)

Logan
Funny enough, this one doesn't do that to me. I know different meds work differently for people. My mom is the same way, she took darvocet (or percocet) and was OUT for the day.

This makes me anxious...I get lots more done on it. Wierd, huh? I HATE the anxious feeling, but I have a feeling I prefer that to the "being fired" feeling. :(

sandragonfly
06-16-2005, 10:07 PM
what goes around comes around...always :)

hope she comes in soon so you'd not have to worry or wait longer.. take care.

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Kelly, I sure hope that the darvocet will continue to work for you so you'll be able to function at work. Please take care.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Good news Kelly! I hope it helps. Perhaps you should have your doctor talk to your boss!? He/she can set her straight on your illness and perhaps she will stop being such a hard *ss. Not to give away any personal info obviously but to discuss what you are going through and the consequences of that.
I hope you are feeling better!

Good idea - your boss obviously has no idea about illness - hope things work out for you

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
No, I haven't spoken with my boss, she's still out ill today.

Hmmm....a little ironic that the boss who talked to you about being absent is out sick herself, don't you think? Is this a case of "do as I say not as I do?"

Anyway, I'm glad you got the meds you need and hopefully the boss will be a little more sympathetic to your case now that she's experienced a little illness herself.

smokey the elder
06-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm glad you were able to get the Darvocet. I've read someplace that very strong pain meds, if used correctly, attack only the pain and addiction risk is low.

Maybe your boss barked at you a couple of days ago because she was coming down with the creeping crud.

shais_mom
06-17-2005, 11:34 AM
is she still out today??

fingers crossed for you and prayers of course

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Stace,

She just called, she'll be "in", but most of her day is out in meetings with our kiddos. She's been having some blood pressure issues/heart palpitations, that's why she was out yesturday. That's scary stuff. :( I hope she'll figure that out.

When she called, she was really nice. Told me I sounded really conjested. I just acted brave and said I was feeling better. That's a knee jerk response I have.

OK...better get back to work. :)

ramanth
06-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a step in the right direction. *HUGS*

lbaker
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh Kelly, I just heard about this (I've sorta been out of touch for the last week). I'm so sorry. Just when everything else seems to start coming together for you - finally - another stumbling block appears. Hang in there girlfriend, you can handle it. Be seeing you soon pretty woman.
L