PDA

View Full Version : What food do you feed?

lv4dogs
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I see posts all over the place (mostly on dog sites) about who feeds what foods to their pets so I thought it would be neat to see what everyone feeds their cats.

I mix a couple brands/formulas together for my cats:
Meko: Innova regular cat & Innova Evo
Tiki: Chicken Soup for the cat lovers soul & Innova regular

Sometimes I add Felidea to the mix if they are out of Innova or they have a good deal on it.

EDITED: to add that I feed half a can of fancy feast (or sometimes nutro) once a day, in the evening to both cats

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Both Abby and Buddy eat "chicken soup for the cat lovers soul" food... they have it available all day and eat at their leasure. I also feed 1 can of fancy feast canned food every morning. They share it together on a plate and their favorites are flaked fish and shrimp and grilled salmon and gravy:)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
My furkids are free-fed Royal Canin's Special and share a can of Innova wet at night.

Micah is on a raw diet as well every few months in addition to the dry food as he has IBD.

cruisetime
06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Right now have them both back on Nutro Natural Weight management food. Max didn't do so good at first on it as he was eating to fast and throwing up as the food is pretty big. I switched him to Iams Adult for a few weeks and he is now back on Nutro. I've tried Nutro Max Cat and they both hated it. I've tried Purina One which they both loved but their digestive systems didn't. Tried another natural food but that didnt' go over well either. I need to feed them some can food but haven't lately as their systems don't seem to like it much but when I did I fed the Natural Balance and Nutro in the can... :) Debbie

The Cat Factory
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
My 3 eat Natural Balance :)

thelmalu99
06-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Mine get Science Diet. I like to free feed, as I believe it's healthier for them. JD won't touch wet food (strange kitty), but he likes Tender Vittles once or twice a week as his "treat" food. Elvis likes Fancy Feast, which I also give him maybe once or twice a week as a treat. He likes the chicken flavors best.
I don't give them any people food, except a little bit of tuna when I open a can, and also when I go to the fish market, I get 4 large shrimps, one for each of my babies. I just boil the shrimp in plain water, no seasonings and give one to each. Cats and turtles love it!
The turtles eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, pretty much whatever I buy for myself, they get some, plus about once or twice a week, a few pinches of turtle food pellets for protein. Yertle loves to steal a few bites of cat food when he thinks nobody's looking. Bad turtle!

aly
06-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I free feed Innova and split a can of Nutro Natural a month between all the cats as a treat.

RedHedd
06-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Mishi is on Science Diet K/D as he's a kidney kat

Mitzi is on the Science Diet Light Hairball control formula as she's a not-so-light fluffy furball.

Jayna78
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I feed Science Diet Hairball Control Light. I would feed regular Hairball Control, but we want to make sure Leo, who likes to eat and is a big guy anyway, keeps his weight maintained. ;) We free-feed because it's just easier to do that when you have multiple cats, as we do. ;)

I also feed them Science Diet canned food - various adult cat varieties in seafood flavor - on special occasions - they attack it with a vengeance! That stuff goes quickly. They are little piggies sometimes.

Also we feed them various treats - Leo, although he has recently taken to trying to eat our food whereas he hated it and tried to scoop it under before, does not eat treats - he scoops at them like they're litter like he used to do with our food. We feed the other 3 Friskies cat treats - seafood flavors (crunchy and chewy kinds) and the chicken-flavored hairball remedy. We also feed them Whiskas Temptations in the seafood flavors, and we feed them Aquariyums, as well as Whisker Lickins' Tuna Deli Slices, etc. We used to feed Bailey & Leila Pounce, but they kind of lost interest in those, so we haven't fed them that brand lately. Bailey, Leila & Claudia will go nuts for treats, though. :)

Claudia, Leila and Leo love it when I fix my lunch for work or if we're fixing something with lunchmeat in general, because they love the taste of my low-fat deli slices of turkey! :) I just give little pinches to them when I'm making my sandwich - tiny little pieces, but they go nuts. Claudia makes little meow/meep/mini-roar noises until she gets some! Silly kitties. Oh, and we have to hide the ice cream, milk, yogurt, cheese, etc. - they love it if they get to lick or eat any of that when we leave it unattended.

Interesting thread!

catmandu
06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
MOSTLY NUTRO MAX COMPLETE INDOOR SENIOR,SOME SCIENCE DIET SENIOR,AND EUKANUBA MATURE.A NICE BLEND,FOR MY FURRY COMAPNIONS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture459.jpg
AND NUTRO POUCHES AND LITTLE TINS OF EUKANUBA CANS.
THEY LOVE FANCY FEAST AS WELL, AND NUTRIENCE RABBIT AND DUCK CANNED.

savanna
06-06-2006, 09:21 AM
My Cat does not eat anyting else but Temptations. She loved chicken and shrimp at one time but will not touch now. She is overweight but screams at me to feed her more! Now she seems to be vomiting much too often - while eating these - after eating these morsels. I am really worried! I have cut her back - tried starving till she would at least try a shrimp again. She refuses to eat anything canned or fresh. Is she the only cat out there with this problem?

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
My cats used to get SCIENCE HILLS food. But a while ago we got free samples of Royal Canin Indoor, and they all LOVED it!! So, as we have 4 cats now, it is much cheaper to buy a huge bag of the Royal Canin Indoor! I mix some Science Hills in the large container,
As for wet food: SHEBA !!

CultureJunky
06-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Sunny is incredibly fussy, most of the time she insists on having dry food, but will occasionally when I open a new tin for Jack and she will have some of that, then tires of it almost straight away and won't have anymore until I open a new flavour and sometimes not even that! She's a naughty fusspot!
Jack eats wet canned food. I mix it about cause he likes variety so I buy, felix, Whiskas, arthurs,kitekat, own brand and just go around in a cycle.
Sunny is currently eating Tesco's Premium complete crunchies, and really likes them, she also has variety, sometimes, whiskas, felix, brekkies, etc..she has biscuits that are small, she can't handle the big biscuits like Go-Cat as they fall out of her mouth, I think she has some teeth missing at the back.
I would like to get her a posh bag of something like James Wellbeloved, or Royal Canin, but I can't afford it unfortunately.
Jack also shares whatever I'm eating too usually! The other day he ate some mushrooms :eek:

catnapper
06-06-2006, 01:14 PM
The cats all eat Hill Prescription WD food.

Pouncer gets Eukanuba Prescription low pH food as a snack.

k9krazee
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
They cats all eat Purina Cat Chow.

Jessika
06-06-2006, 01:49 PM
I feed Natural Choice to both of my dogs and they are doing AWESOME on it. Charlie had awfully itchy skin and we've tried everything and this is the only food he hasn't had problems with.

Double-Oh we are still undecided on. We've fed Natural Balance which his coat and everything looked amazing, he was really healthy, he just had the MOST AWFUL smelling poos.... since the litter box is in the bathroom, the stench just kind of... lingered... never went away.. and you would literally gag every time you walked in. (TMI right? lol) We've also tried Royal Canin which he seemed to do VERY well on but its just soooo expensive!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
06-06-2006, 03:39 PM
My cats get Felidae and Bailey gets a RAW diet. :)