PDA

View Full Version : Burn a candle for me tomorrow

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Please, if you have some time, burn a candle for me tomorrow. At noon (GMT +1 hour) I have to go to the hospital for an epidural in my neck :eek: . NMR pics showed that the "marrow-canal is getting to small, and there is something else wrong too; I don't know how to explain that in English. Now I know why I was having constant pain in my neck :rolleyes: ; even replying on Pet Talk was painful. Sorry if I haven't been posting as much as usual...:( !
A friend will bring me to the hospital; it is a 20 minutes drive. After the epidural, I have to stay "horizontal" , not moving or get up at all, for at least 4 to 5 hours. Depends on how my body reacts to the medicine.
From a previous epidural in my lower back, I remember that is was very painful. So, I am so scared that I won't be able to handle the pain... . I would appreciate it very much if you could include me in your morning prayers, and burn a candle for me.

Thanks!!

a scared Lut

ps. To bad I cannot take my fur-nurses with me.... :(

luvofallhorses
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
You'll be in my prayers (((((hugs)))))

furrykidsmother
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
That sounds very scary. Prayers will be said. Hugs to you, hope all goes well and that it isn't going to be as bad as you think.

Karen
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
You'll be in my prayers. Tell Indra I was thinking of her today - there's a really pretty orange-with-hot-pink dress for sale in a thrift shop I pass - I look awful dreadful in orange, but it'd look great on her, I bet! ;)

slick
06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh Lut, most certainly you will be in my prayers tomorrow. When I get home tonight, I'll light a candle on my fireplace mantel for you. When children with cancer go through treatments that involve needles, they are told to "breathe" through the pain and think about something pleasant. Try to focus on Maya and Inka...how soft their fur is and how comforting it is to snuggle with them.

I take it you won't be in overnight?? Hopefully you will be feeling OK to give us and uppydate tomorrow when you get home.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xo

davidpizzica
06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Maya & Inka's mommy, I'll have Pittsburgh candles lit and heartfelt Pittsburgh prayers coming your way that your procedure will be a success!

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh Lut...you poor thing. That has to be so scary knowing you could be in pain for that long. :( :( :(

Here are some gentle hugs (((((((((((((((((Lut))))))))))))) and I'll be thinking of you in my prayers tomorrow.

Lots of luck for a smooth procedure. I hope they can figure out what's wrong and fix you up. I don't like seeing you in pain, honey.

I agree with Slick. When I'm in pain, visualization does work a little. Think of your furbabies and how much we at PT love you.

Hugs and love,
Kelly

Randi
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry you have to go through more of this, but hopefully it won't be as bad as you think.

When you get home, try to focus on the good things in life, and please lay down and relax if the doctors say so! :)

I'll light a candle for you. :)

Hugs from me, and loud purrs from Fister.

LorraineO
06-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I understand being scared,, I have alot of med issues in my life too,,,, We will be thinking of you for sure!!

lvpets2002
06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
:( Sounds scary. I wish you all the best & hope you have someone to care for your babies & to tell them mommy will be ok. My girls send you prayers & plenty whisker kisses. Hope you will have a speedy recovery. :)

Queen of Poop
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Prayers and good wishes to you. I will ask my fur-angels to keep an eye on you tomorrow.

jennifert9
06-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming to you Lut...I think I have packed all my candles away as I'm moving...perhaps I'll just set the whole gosh-darn place on fire for you....LOL!! :D

I hope the surgery goes well...I'm sure it will. I think my dad had something like that done a few years ago. He's tough but he was only down and out for a day I think...
I will pray for you and think of you tomorrow.

PJ's Mom
06-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Lut, you'll do great. I can feel it.

(((hugs))) and good thoughts for you. :)

dukedogsmom
06-16-2005, 05:45 PM
I would be scared, too! I hope you have someone that can be with you as that would make it a little less scary. Too bad you know how much it hurts. That makes you dread it more, I'm sure. So, I wish you good luck tomorrow. I hope it's successful.

Ginger's Mom
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry. Prayers will be going out for you tonight. I understand the epidural will hurt, but I hope it leads to greater relief from your neck pain. I agree with the others who said think about the furbabies and how happy they make you, it may help to block out some of the discomfort. Good luck and hugs to you.

lizbud
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks for letting us know this, so we all can say a prayer for
a successful treatment tomorrow. Please also, do follow your Drs.
advice on how long you must rest afterwards.Don't worry about
posting right away, just REST and come back when you feel up to
it. Your furry nurses, Maya & Inka, will take good care of you.:)

popcornbird
06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Awww Lut. Hopefully all will go well. I'll be praying for you!

moosmom
06-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Lut,

Prayers coming your way from Michigan!

(((((hugs))))))))))

Donna

chocolatepuppy
06-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I will keep you in my prayers and light a candle for you. I'm sorry you have to go through this, I hope it makes you feel better when it's over.

rg_girlca
06-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh Lut, Prayers and positive thoughts on the way. I will also light a candle for you tomorrow.

If it is any comfort, my oldest sister had an epidural in the neck also, last year, and she said that it wasn't too bad. Think happy thoughts, take deep breaths and picture Maya and Inka by your side, purring you on to be strong.

((((((HUGS))))))

Logan
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh Lut, you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. And your furry nurses will be there, waiting on you, when you get home!!! :D
Good luck!!!! :)

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Lute, I hope things go OK, and that everything is fine.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Best thoughts and wishes to you Lute, I hope things go OK, and that everything is fine.

Wow, thank you all so very much!!It feels so great to know how many friends will be thinking about me today!!! It is now 8.45 am: 3 hours to go from now...:eek:

Originally posted by Dukedogsmom
I hope you have someone that can be with you as that would make it a little less scary.

Nope...:( :rolleyes: . A good friend will drive me there, but she cannot stay. My husband Bernard wii leave work earlier than usual, and be at the hospital aroung 5.30pm.If everything went fine, I should be allowed to get back home with him!

Barbara
06-17-2005, 02:47 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed. I know how an epidural feels and it is no fun!

Hope especially that the outcome is positive.

Killearn Kitties
06-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Very best of luck today. I hope this makes a difference to you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-17-2005, 04:04 AM
30 minutes before I have to go :eek: ! I feel like one big bundle of nerves, ready to explode... ! Put those candles on now please, I need lots of mental support...:(

LoudLou
06-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Everything crossed here too... LOUD Louie sez, he would cross his tail if he had one, but Wigglebutt will have to do...Hugs to you Lut!

Rachel
06-17-2005, 05:06 AM
I know how I panic at almost any test or procedure. Your procedure is probably being done as I write this. Please know that prayers being said for you.

joycenalex
06-17-2005, 06:52 AM
i've gotten quite a bit of relief from my lumbar(low back) epidurals in march., it does sting when they injected me, but i feel much better now. they gave me mild sedatives to relax me, and BOY!! did that work, i barely remember what happened afterwards, good thing shawn drove me home. ((HUGS)).

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the prayers: they worked!! Of course, it wasn't a very pleasant injection, but I was able to handle it without "screaming" (I did that last time :eek: ).
Now I have to rest a lot for the rest of the day. I am feeling a bit dizzy, so I will be a good girl, and close the pc :rolleyes: :D .

Just this: there is some bad news too: I need another injection like that next Friday, and maybe even a third one...:eek: . So, keep those candles handy ;) :D
Oh, and my back is all orange now: a nurse painted it all orange before the injection. Guess she was disinfecting the whole area:D

slick
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh Lut, I'm so glad that you got through that OK. More injections??? I'm sorry to hear that, but if it gives you some pain relief in the end, I guess it's all worth it.

My prayers for you continue. Rest up with those furry nurses and check back in when you are feeling better.

{{{hugs}}}
slick

Rachel
06-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I feel like one big bundle of nerves, ready to explode... ! Put those candles on now please, I need lots of mental support...:(

Actually I know exactly how you felt. This describes how I get even when undergoing the most minor of tests. The one good this is when it is over and you don't feel like that anymore.

Hooray for your procedure being over and done with, well at least for the time being. I'm hoping that you get the needed relief it was to provide.

ramanth
06-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Much love and thoughts Lut!! *HUGS*

gini
06-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Lut, I am so sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier.

I am glad that you are back home and it wasn't as horrible as you anticipated.

I will light a candle for you anyway - to pray that you can be calm and hopefully pain free.

I bet the furry nurses are doing double time to show their concern.

Big (gentle) hugs to you from the House of Orange.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by gini
I bet the furry nurses are doing double time to show their concern.

How could you guess ;) ! Maya keeps smelling my face and neck. I can see in her eyes that she does NOT like what she smells:rolleyes: :D : hospital odors :p

lvpets2002
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
:) So glad all went well & you back home now. Yes your furbabies will be by your side & take good care of you.;)

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh Lut...I'm so glad that's all over...at least for now. ((((((gentle hugs)))))))

Rest and relax and get lots of love from those kitty nurses.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Oh my! Sorry I missed this but so glad to hear everything went better than expected. Now be a good girl again and put the pc away for the night. ;)

sandragonfly
06-17-2005, 08:45 PM
no way!! I missed this.. :( wanted to be there too!

yikes, more? hope not! but really good to see your sense of humors! :D you're making my day too. ;)

is your back tan now? I remember I played with that liquid! gosh...our childhoods! :D

((lut)) *squeezing you gently*...DO take care!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
is your back tan now? I remember I played with that liquid! gosh...our childhoods! :D

LOL!! No no, I took a shower in the evening, and I am as white as snow again :rolleyes: ! I have a very light and sensitive skin, so suntanning is OUT of order:(

My neck is still hurting a lot; so lots of rest is still in order, hey! Well, that is no problem right now, as it is awfully hot here today!

Yes, next Friday I will get another epidural...:eek: . Better not think about that yet ;) :D

sandragonfly
06-18-2005, 12:45 PM
haha! :eek: no way...snow white now? gee, I had mine stuck on for three days! through 2/3 showers.. and you have sensitive skin while I have fair olive skin... :rolleyes: :D

oh no..not another one! you said you're in pain, maybe try some heating pad? it helps me a lot for most of my pains(aches/sores)! will be thinking of you daily under stars..especially on that day. take care still and keep up your humorous! ;) ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
maybe try some heating pad?

O gosh, NO......not today... . Today is really hot, they said "tropical weather" on tv :eek: . A heating pad is excelent, I have a very good one :)! But today, all I want is an icecold drink, and a dozen of even colder icecreams :p :p

Lol, yes, I look like snowwhite: I have dark brown hair, blue eyes and a very light complexion. I'm like my dad he he. Whenever we got lost on the beach as a child, we justed looked for "the white flag" and we found the way back!!
btw, that white flag, that was my dad's back http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20993%20blauwe%20ROFL.gif

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Tomorrow it is time to go back to the hospital for "seconds" :eek: ! I am not as anxious like last week,because I know what to expect now. Let's hope the anesthesist is the same one; he was very gentle!
So, if you can spare another candle..... thanks!!

Oh my, it will be soooooo hot in that room. We are having a heatwave, and there is NO AC, even not in the hospital!! Maybe there is in the operation area, but I usually don't notice, being to nervous already :rolleyes: :D

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Lut, I'll get the candle ready. I'm sorry you have to go through this again, I hope this is the last time. :)

furrykidsmother
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Good thoughts and prayers on their way that it will go smoothly and painlessly (well as little pain as possible, unfortunately I know that there will be some) and that this will be the last time. Hope it isn't to hot tomorrow. Heat just seems to make things worse. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

gini
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Lut, I hope this session goes well for you and you aren't too uncomfortable and hot.

A candle will burn for you.........dear lady!

jennifert9
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Lut, the house is still burning from the last trip to the dr...My thoughts are with you. I hope you get a cool breeze and a cooler day tomorrow. With all these PT prayers, I think we can change the weather....:)

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 04:34 PM
lut! I didn't forget! and you beat me.

*me picturing... a snow white (perhaps will be yellow for a while tomorrow! :o no problem)...wandering, greeting in her freindliest voice to her happiest cats, resting in their june flowers, then approached her rabbit and guiena pig that run altogether and made her even smiler... then she keeps walking to her fairymobile to her "get well" office. those little birdies sitting inside her car watching, smiling at her all way! there and back. and us, here, all of us, the dwarves will burn each of our candle for her.. to come back, being in cooler with warmths & peaceful home!*

that's not just one candle!! :eek: :D ;) you're still in my thoughts! take a deep breath when time comes...you're one of brave snow white. :)

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I hope everything goes well! Sending you lots of hugs and love, Take it easy and let your furbabies take care of you :)

catnapper
06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Good luck Lut!!! I'll be praying for you!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
It's over! Phew, it has been awful this time. The moment the doctor put the injection in my neck, I felt it wasn't the same :( . When he started injecting the fluid then, the pression on the nearby nerve got so bad that I passed out.:eek:
Instead of 1 doc, I suddenly had 2 docs and 3 nurses around me; They made sure I "was back", and took me to the recovery-room, where they put me on oxygen and connected me to several things. It was kind of scary. The worst then was the pain in my right arm. It is now 6 hours later, and it is still almost unbarable...(sp??). On top of everything, it was extremely hot today; my room was worse than a sauna :rolleyes: :(

I will go to bed now (8 pm); I wanted to give you all an update first!Thanks for your prayers!

gini
06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh Lut, I know all of us agree, that if we could reach out and take this away from you - we would in a heartbeat.

Rest now - I hope you will be able to sleep and wake up feeling much better.

anna_66
06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Lut I hope when you get back to read this that your feeling better. Take care and get some rest.

luvofallhorses
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Lut,

I hope you feel better. I am so sorry it was horrible :(
{{{{{many hugs to you}}}}} I will be praying for you that you'll be better soon.

furrykidsmother
06-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Well that explains it! I was looking for this thread in today's active threads and it was being posted to which is why I couldn't find it, so now that I went back to the most recent her it is.

Sorry, that it was such a terrible experience. Wow:eek: passing out, that must have been scary. Sorry, you are still in so much pain. I sure hope that this is the last time you have to have this done and I pray that it helps you. Please get some rest and when you are up and feeling better, please update us on how you are doing.

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 04:17 PM
oh sorry, lut!!

bet it was really scary because you had no control over it.. :(

hope you're Zzzzing really good!! ..(like a snow white) :D

*candle wax oozed down more*

Randi
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh Lut, what a dreadful experience. :( I hope you're feeling better tomorrow and you don't have to go through this again!

NoahsMommy
06-24-2005, 06:44 PM
((((((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))

You poor thing!!! :( :( :( It sounds miserable...so horrible and you so don't deserve this pain.

I hope that whatever they did helps you feel better soon.

Lots of love,
Kelly :)

jenfer
06-24-2005, 11:28 PM
I hope everything goes fine, and no pain!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Today it is even worse. I am afraid that a nerve is hit.... :(
Caonnot stand this nor stop crying:(

gini
06-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Lut, I hope you will contact your Doctor. You should not have to suffer this much.

I am so sorry to hear this news, as I was hoping that you would feel better - not worse!!

Please keep us posted when you can.

Hugs go out to you.

ChrisH
06-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Oh, Lut. :( I so hope you have been able to get some relief from the pain.

Prayers, hugs and love
Chris

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by gini
Lut, I hope you will contact your Doctor.

He is away on a weekend :( . His replacer doesn't know me at all, so what's the use:rolleyes:

slick
06-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh Lut, I'm just catching up on this now. Hon, I'm sooo sorry you are in such pain. If your doctor is away, is there anyone who can take you to the ER? This really doesn't sound normal, especially after the first one didn't cause much reaction.

Giant gentle {{{hugs}}} to try and take the pain away...
slick xo

sandragonfly
06-25-2005, 10:57 AM
oh no, not my lut.. :(

darn this doctor :mad: I'm disappointed! wasn't it the same one as the first one? I'm very sorry you might had a nerve popped. when I saw "a nerve is hit", my tummy twisted.

you're still our (my) snow white so please do something for me. don't they have someone else? ER? tell me. I don't like seeing you getting worse a bit, you know how dwarves worry!

million friend-dwarves came and set more candles! much love, {{{LUT}}} :(

Cincy'sMom
06-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so much pain. I hope some relief can be found and soon! You are in our thoughts.

furrykidsmother
06-25-2005, 03:05 PM
So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling better. I hope a nerve was not hit. Perhaps even though the other doctor doesn't know you they can tell you if this is to be expected or what you might be able to do to relieve the pain. I sure hope that you are feeling better! Please keep us updated!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Sunday afternoon, 4 pm

Little update!
Holding wood: I am feeling better today. Still need lots of improvement (and lots of painkillers), but this is bearable.
Thank you all for caring!!

Albea
06-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Lut, I'm sorry I only read your post right now. I haven't been around for a while. Too bad you had to go through so much pain, but the news today sound encouraging. Best wishes for the pain to go away completely.

luvofallhorses
06-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I am sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope you get to feeling better soon! {{{{{MANY HUGS TO YOU!}}}}}

gini
06-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Lut, thank you for the update.....we are all pulling for you and hope you are much more comfortable now.

{{{HUGS!}}}

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 01:00 AM
:o lut, wanted you to know I've thought of you often today..my busy, hectic day, monday! :p :)

did you get a lot of rest lately and feeling any better?! you have to let us know..... ;)

many more hugs fllllllying over there!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-28-2005, 02:00 AM
I am much better, Gini, thank you! We even drove to the Belgian coast (70 km) yesterday, and I had a great time! I will try to resize and post some pics later :)