PDA

View Full Version : Fur-less skin patch!

King Spartacus
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Today mamma noticed a bald patch on my front paw... I've gotten it since yesterday (when she got up this morning I snubbed her off, and wanted out at once, and when I decided to come back in, she noticed it)...

The skin is a bit red, but healty. It doesn't hurt, and I even let mamma stroke it (she was checking for scarly skin... ringworm). She believe I might have gotten stuck somewhere, and ripped my fur off... she doesn't think it's from a fight, as there's no scratches nor bites. Does anyone have any experience with this? we googled it, and came up with lots of different skin conditions, but it doesn't seem to fit any of them...

Thank you!

My "boo-boo":
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/a.jpg
(Gosh... Doesn't my paw look gigantic!?!)

furrykidsmother
06-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear of your boo boo! I don't know what it could be, but I sure hope that it is nothing serious and that your fur grows back real soon. You were probably running through something that was a bit tight and it pulled off a little chunk of fur and you didn't even notice.

King Spartacus
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Mamma thinks she's found the problem... the BBQ outside has had it's top moved... and she's guessing it was me! Now the top is safely on the lawn... not too attractive, but atleast safe!

Unfortunately we can't say the same about my boo-boo... I've now noticed that it's there... and have licked it to shreads... Mamma's cleaned it, and will keep a close eye on it!

furrykidsmother
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh my! Well at least it appears the cause of your booboo has been found, now the key to letting it heal is to pretend it isn't there and not keep licking it, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Gentle kitty licks to keep it clean is OK, but don't over do it. I know easier said then done, but please King Spartacus, be a good boy and let your booboo get better.