PDA

View Full Version : My petite little Marshmallow

sirrahved
06-16-2005, 10:05 AM
We just got back from the white coats, and I was surprised to find out that my little Marsha weighs only 7 pounds! She was 7 exactly. I always knew she was a petite cat, but this shocked me.

Anyone else have thin around the middle cats? I find Marsha's weight particularly interesting because she is allowed to free feed as well as join us for occasional human treats.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Peanut is a light weight too, but I don't remember exactly how much she weighs. I think it's around 8 lbs.

CJ, however, is extremely skinny, especially for a male! I weighed him the other night and he's 9 lbs - that's it! He does not look "beefy" by any means and I need to start fattening that boy up, but I think that will happen once we get his diarrhea under control.

furrykidsmother
06-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Our Fluffy is just a tiny little thing too! Just a bit over 7 pounds. She eats as much as the other 3 and in fact since she is so tiny we try to sneak her extra treats and let her free feed at the "crunchie machine" which is behind a closed door so that it isn't available to everyone all day, but whenever she wants in we let her. I think she just has one of those metabilisms that burns it off quickly (wish I did). When she jumps up on us at night in bed you hardly even feel her she is so light.

kuhio98
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Kuhio weighed only 6 pounds most of her 17 years. She had access to food all the time but she was always a dainty thing.
Pepper is about 3 years old and she weighs 6 pounds. She is very active and eats crunchies all the time. I don't think she's going to get any bigger.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Our Inka is a light weight too! Close to 4 kg. It's weird, because she eats much more than Maya!!:confused:

cubby31682
06-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Rachel is a very small cat. She weighs in at 6 pounds. She is always eating, but along with that she is a ball of energy. She is always walking, running, playing or what ever. She eats a lot more than Cubby could ever eat. I go through 3 times as much food since I got her, than I did with just Cubby. I have to buy a 25 pound bag of food ever 6 weeks. :)

catnapper
06-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Abby is 6 pounds, with a very healthy ROUND middle. She's just a tiny little girl. It'll be interesting to see how fats Flutter outgrows her! :D

Shady
06-16-2005, 10:58 AM
All of mine weigh in around 7-8lbs except Rocky who is 9lbs.

Even with all that fur, they look so much bigger than they really are.

Having said that they are monitored at the vets and they feel that they are a perfect weight for their frames etc.

Freckles
06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't believe you.
I need to see pictures of these so-called petite kitties to make my own decision. Others agree??:)

Jayna78
06-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Claudia went to the vet for an annual check-up for the first time since we adopted her on 6/25/04, and she is supposedly close to 2 years old (they estimate she was born in June 2003, but I think she's younger than that) - anyway, she weighed 7 lbs or so when we adopted her last June, then in Jan. when we though she had something wrong with her anal glands (she didn't, but she was scooting across the floor like a silly little thing, so we had to get it checked), she was 9 lbs, 4 oz, and then this past Sat., when she went to the vet for her shots/checkup (and was a perfect angel that everyone thought was the prettiest little thing - no surprise to me), she was only 8.05 lbs! :) She's lost weight - must be all of those stairs in our house now. She's quite playful, but she also can sleep a lot, and she eats a healthy amount, including the occasional tiny pieces of low-fat turkey that she always begs for!

My Leila is also tiny - she was only 8 lbs, 7 oz when we took her to the vet on March 28. She is quite the slender thing, even though she's quite a bit taller than Claudia.

Both our girls are small, whereas the two boys are big - Bailey is a strong, tall, lean 16 lbs, 3 oz, and Leo is a tall, big 17 lbs. :)

AlleyCat
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
My Abby is only 6 pounds too. She was 5.5 pounds when we adopted her last fall, and she's only put on half a pound since. We let her eat all she wants but she just burns it all off with all her playing, and boy, does she play! She's 14 months old so I don't expect to see her get much bigger, if at all. I used to think this size/weight was odd until I read all the previous replies but I guess not! :)

persianmom
06-16-2005, 12:58 PM
My little Scrappy wait just about six pounds last time I had her to the white coats and she is very health.

Lacey
06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
fats Flutter

*giggle snicker snort* Methinks Flutter may have now been Typo Nicknamed.

kittycats_delight
06-16-2005, 01:14 PM
My Vixen is 6.8 lbs she hasn't even hit the 7 lbs mark yet. She is 14 months old. Here she is about a month ago.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/kittycats_delight/mousehunting.jpg

DogLover9501
06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Emma was only 8 lbs. when I adopted her. I think she's definatly up to 10-12 now!

Originally posted by catnapper
It'll be interesting to see how fats Flutter outgrows her! :D

That means she's staying, right?? :D

janelle
06-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I just weighed Chianti. I thought she was 5 pounds but she's 4 pounds.

Her mother was a runt and when I got her and she was the runt, so I have a runt of a runt. Just a minature kitty. Her mother looked like a kitten with a big belly when she was pregnant. Chianti was from the second litter this cat had, so she was healthy. She had three girls and three boys. I think Chianti was the rowdyist. LOL

She eats anytime she wants. I see her going to her food bowl several times a day.

My Simon is 14 pounds and they play together but she can out run and out jump him cause of her light weight.

I don't know how to post pics but maybe someone can be so kind to help me I can send some to you for posting.

catmandu
06-16-2005, 09:14 PM
SAM,DIANE,PRECIOUS,AND ROCCA,ARE ALL ABOUT 6,TO EIGHT POUNDS,AND THAT IS THIER AGES TOO.THEY REALLY ARE SLIMMIES.SAM,IS ONLY ABOUT 9 LBS,HE,IS SMALLISH TOO,AS IS JOHN HANCOCK,COME,TO THINK,OF IT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture459.jpg

slick
06-16-2005, 11:16 PM
To see a picture of my Max on his back, you would think he's **ahem** fluffy...but he's only 8 lbs. It's all that Persian hair that makes him look like a wrestler.:D :D When he's wet in the baff I can put both hands around his tummy and join my thumbs and index fingers. :rolleyes: :D

Freckles
06-17-2005, 09:33 AM
I still would like to more pictures of these "petite" kitties!:)

janelle
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
So far I have the smallest kitty but don't know how to post pics. :confused:

Freckles
06-17-2005, 12:35 PM
HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406&highlight=101) is the best teacher for posting pictures!!:)

janelle
06-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I put it in my favs. I'll need to study it. I know about copy and pasteing a pic but not how to get a pic on the puter.:confused: