PDA

View Full Version : Ron's sick

Tonya
06-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to give you an update on my kitties. I told the woman that is supposed to help me that I'd rather bring them to the adoption days at Petsmart until they are adopted. I figured that'd be easier on them then her keeping them in cages until they're adopted.

As some of you know, Ron's been having a pee problem this past year. At first it was UTI's. But the past few times it hasn't been. The last time, they ran a diabetes test, UTI, and a few others tests and found nothing. The doctor said that his teeth and gums were in bad shape so maybe it'd caused an infection. He put Ron under and gave him a good deep cleaning and put him on antibiotics but it didn't stop. Well, now he's vomiting and loosing weight. Yesterday, the vomit was clear with blood in it.
:(

I called my vet last night and he said that they were closing and that it sounds like we can wait until tomorrow. I don't want to hand him off to anyone else with health problems so I'm going to keep him until we resolve this. My husband feels that if it's to serious that we should put him to sleep. He thinks Ron may be to old to adopt out. I don't think I agree with him, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyways, he doesn't act horribly sick. Like right now, he's purring and rubbing against me. He's still bathing himself. It the puking and peeing. I'm so worried about him. We're going to the vet at 4 today, I'll let you all know what they say.

What do you think these symptoms could be?

Pawsitive Thinking
06-16-2005, 06:46 AM
poor Ron (great name by the way) - hope he gets on ok at vets

Laura's Babies
06-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Awww! I have no experience at what it might be so I will leave it to the experts that know more but know you and Ron will be in my thoughts today. Sick babies are so sad and when anything is wrong, it worries us to death.

kilbarchancats
06-16-2005, 07:58 AM
oh poor Ron - I hope he turns out to be fine. My max had peepee problems a couple of years ago in that he couldn't and being an outdoors boy and it being summer we didn't see him much anyway. Well one night he came in and was so ill and by morning couldn't move fromthe couch and had vomited blood. Turned out he had a blocked bladder entrance and well we were just hours from losing him he was so ill (he was only 3). Eventually a 6 day stay at the vets put things right and he has been fine since. Apparently (and apologies if your vet has already explained this) in male neutered cats this problem is very common and especially if it has already occurred they are prone to it happening again. Entrance to the bladder is apparently 1/4mm wide only (!) and build of deposits can easily happen. We would often think nothing of dishing out slices of cold sandwich meat and handfuls of crunchy treats for Max. Apparently this meat is very salty and too much hard food can be the cause. Now, these things are very rare treats and he gets soft food all of the time, vet told us to add a wee bit of water into the food bowl too to help. Anyway, maybe worth if his diet sounds like the above looking into this and changing if need be? I do, do hope an end comes to his (and your) troubles soon and he is a better boy for all his family in no time. Please post and let us know how he gets on.

love laura, Max, Candy and Tom XXXX (big Scottish hugs and kisses to Ron)

catnapper
06-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear all this Tonya! Thats poor boy's been through so much lately - as have you.

I'll pray that he's ok. Good luck at the vets this afternoon and let us know whats up.

catmandu
06-16-2005, 09:14 AM
WE ARE SENDING OUR PRAYERS,FOR RON,AND WE PRAY,THAT THE WHITE COATS,CAN FIND OUT WHAT,IS WRONG,AND RESTORE RON,TO THE HAPPY,HEALTHY CAT,THAT HE WAS BEFORE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1053.jpg

kittycats_delight
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
I really don't know what it could be as I don't have any experience with that kinda thing. Maybe Jan or Jen can help though. They both seem to know almost everything. I really really hope Ron is ok. And I don't think he is too old to adopt out. Elderly cats make the best pets. And I can bet there are lots of people out there that know this and would take him. Let's deal with the health issues first though. Fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for Ron.

Get Well little buddy we are pulling for you.

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Oh no!! Poor Ron. :(

Not sure what it could be either. I hope the white coats have some positive news for you though.

Hugs,
Kelly

Tonya
06-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I got stuck at work and was unable to go so my husband took him. You know how men are about relaying information. But from what I understand, Ron tested negative for FIV. He had no urine in his bladder, so they were unable to run any other tests. They are keeping him overnight and will finish testing him tomorrow. The doctor says that his gums already look bad again, so it is probably that.

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh no! :(

Hope they can get him all fixed up tomorrow.

Hugs,
Kelly

Laura's Babies
06-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Just doing a recheck to see if there was a update. Hope he checks out SPOLIED ROTTEN as his only problem!

manda_moo87
06-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh poor Ron! :( I hope he's feeling well again soon!

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that Ron is sick.:( I hope that the vet will be able to help him and find out what's causing his illness. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))