PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Party food!

catnapper
06-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Ok, we have this party on Friday. I just got a call from the deli where we ordered the sandwiches.... and they goofed on their order with the bakery and the bread WILL NOT be in on Friday for the 3' long hoagies. :eek: :eek:

We ordered a few of these in various flavors (itallian, ham & cheese, etc) each hoagie was to feed 10-15 people (depending on how piggy people were ;) ) so now I have to find in TWO days alternate food to feed anywhere from 50-75 people. Of course we have NO idea how many ultimately will arrive because only three people had the decency to RSVP "no", and about 25 RSVP "yes"... leaving loads of invitations roaming the world without an answer :mad: (mini side rant--- why not RSVP!!!! Its simple - we gave them a phone number AND an email address so that if they were too lazy to call they could email. SIMPLE!, ok rant over ;) )

We of course have no idea how much food to buy because of everyone's consideration in RSVPing... and thought we had it settled by ordering the long party sandwiches. And the deli messed up! They wanted to switch me to smaller sandwiches which would have fed far fewer people. As hubby said, "if we wanted the 18" sandwiches, we would have ORDERED the 18" sandwiches." (logical guy, isn't he? :D )

I ordered two trays of deli wraps (yum). We'll have lots of chips & pretzels with dip. We'll have a cheese tray with crackers. We'll have various snack nuts, a vegetable tray, a fruit salad, and of course: CAKE! Lots of food... but not much on the main food - which WOULD have been the partry sandwiches!

Now what else can we order? Pizza's out because we don't know WHEN everyone will get here and its not the same when its not hot.

kittycats_delight
06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
the deli offered other sandwiches right? What if they gave you more to make up for the size difference? You CAN ask if they will do this and remind them it WAS their mistake anyway that you are not getting what you ordered. Maybe that could work.

caseysmom
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Do you have subway? They offer some large sandwiches also.

You could just go buy a bunch of dinner rolls and buy some cold cuts. How about tons of kfc?

Kfamr
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I'd do what kittycats_delight suggested.

Either that or, do you have a Chick-Fil-A up there? They make wonderful cool wrap party trays, as well as chicken salad sadwhich trays. Cool and can be served whenever.

Fox-Gal
06-15-2005, 05:01 PM
KFC is a good idea, get different kinds of wings or something. Also you can go to Wal-mart and they do sell wraps and subs, slice them up, toothpick them for individual use.

Or maybe for something different, a Bar-a-Que place and get some ribs, sliced pork, chicken, beef and some rolls, where they can make there own sandwich.

Even Chinese would work, egg rolls, chicken on a stick etc etc.

As you can tell, I'm trying to think of anythings and everything.

I've sort of been in your shoes and what I did was think of all the restaurants in my area, where you can do pick up and think about whats on their menu that can work. You'd be surprised what you can come up with. A few onion blossoms from Chills, a few of the sampler plates from there also, subs from subway and chicken wings from KFC, deli meat etc. and we had a party.

Hope it all works out for you.

catnapper
06-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys! The sandwich shop wasn't willing to bargain. Guess I won't be using them again!

I have a Subway nearby, but they were much more expensive than the other place and we always feel that they are overpriced considering how much meat and such they actually put on the sandwich.

I called my mom in a panic. She lives in Philly - the home of the hoagie. She called the local hoagie shop and they'll make one for her NOOOO problem. They even give ten times more than the local shop was willing to do - like sides of condiments and such - for the same price. The guy got a kick out of the fact that I can't find real good hoagies here. :D That'll be one less stop I have to make in the two hours before the party! :)