PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork is Headed to China!

prechrswife
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
My husband and I just got the good news that our adoption dossier was mailed to China yesterday (June 14)!:D Now, we wait...(and decorate the nursery. ;) )

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh how EXCITING!!!! :)

Do you know what the time frame is now???

aly
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

I am so excited for you! One of my friends from the shelter just adopted a daughter from China and she had the best experience of her life. In fact, she's on the long flight home right now. Her daughter is an angel!

prechrswife
06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
The current waiting time is from 5-7 months after our dossier is logged into the system in China until referral, and after that 1-2 months until travel. We would love to have a referral by Christmas and travel in February, but it could be January and March.

petslover
06-15-2005, 01:31 PM
wow. thats awesome! Congrats!

When I get older, I want to adopt from another country too.

Logan
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
My cousin and his wife adopted a baby from China. They waited it out for a long, long time, unfortunately, and ended up having their own baby before the adoption came through! Isn't that how it goes so many times? Anyway, when their new baby was 5 weeks old, they left to go to China, with the new baby boy staying with his grandparents. Now both "babies" are doing beautifully together. My cousin says that they could not be happier.

Best wishes to you and your husband. :)

Logan

prechrswife
06-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all of your responses. We are very excited (if you can't tell that already).:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-16-2005, 04:13 AM
Congrats!! I am really exited for you two!!!

jenluckenbach
06-16-2005, 04:54 AM
How exciting! :D

anna_66
06-16-2005, 08:04 AM
How very exciting this must be for you!

Lilith Cherry
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) the Year of the Dog , will be on February 9th 2006 so if you come over that time to collect your little sweetheart, it will be very festive here! Hope everything goes well and swiftly for you all. Where are you adopting your baby from?

P.S. I posted the names to you this afternoon.

ramanth
06-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Congrats!

prechrswife
06-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

Lilith, thanks for sending me the information. I look forward to receiving it. As for where our daughter is exactly, that is to be determined by the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs). We won't know what province she is in until we get our referral in 6 months or so. The only way to know that in advance is to go through the Waiting Child program for special needs children, which is not something we felt led to do at this time.

As for Chinese New Year, that is something that could affect our travel time. Some agencies try not to send groups during CNY or the big trade fairs. I'm not sure about ours at this point.

catnapper
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
How wodneful and exciting! My old neighbor worked as a missionary traveling to and from China several times a year with new families adopting babies from China. He is a saint of a man himself and the children are all wodnrful beautiful children!