PDA

View Full Version : Terry Schiavo's autopsy results

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey, everyone. As with the other things going on in the media, I didn't pay too close attention to this situation, either. But, I did see some of Schiavo's struggle. Her parents and her husband were all waiting for the autopsy results, and, they're out now. It looks as though she did have massive irreversible brain damage, but, her parents still don't believe it. :( What a sad thing for all of those people to have gone through. Here's the link to the article I saw on Yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050615/ap_on_re_us/schiavo_autopsy

LorraineO
06-15-2005, 01:07 PM
I feel more sorry for her husband who had to literally fight the country to carry out his wifes wishes!! his life was put on hold for yrs because of her parents. Terry died a long long time ago,,,, its good that she is finally where she wanted and needed to be.....

I hope her husband finds love again and gets on with his life! As for her parents,, if they really loved her,, they should have let her go instead of clinging to thier selfish and foolish fantasies!

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I can't even say what I'd do if my loved one was in that situation. It's just so personal, and, so sad. :(

jesse_3
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I have mixed feelings with the whole Terry Schiavo's story. I'm glad she is with God, but, maybe there could have been a miracle?? I do not know what to think, it's too personal and hard to imagine all of this happening to my family..

janelle
06-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Her husband did go on with his life years ago. He has another woman and children by her. LOL

Terri was killed cause he didn't want to deal with it anymore. And why not let her parents take care of her? She may not have wanted to live that way but she was brain dead and did not know how she was living. She wasn't suffering. He parents thought she could relate to them and she had a chance to recover so I understand how they couldn't let her go.

Well her hus husband is happy now and can marry his woman but her parents will always suffer since they were not allowed to be there when she died or for her funeral.

mandy2323
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
i thought that was sad when terry died.............:(

janelle
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Terry's brother was here for the Catholic conference on families and he spoke. The family is still trying to get another autopsy report but I don't know what good it will do them.

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2005, 12:08 PM
The whole situation really bothers me on a personal level...I think because it made me think of what my wishes would be if I ever got into a situation like that. I know my husband well enough to know that so long as I drew breth on my own that he wouldn't let go...even though it would seem like he should. I told him that I'd want him to be happy, and I wouldn't want to be kept alive artificially. We've actually discussed this topic at length (because of hearing about the Schiavo's on the news) and he said that even if I died, he didn't think that he would be able to be with anyone else. Honestly, if something happened to him, I wouldn't be able to be with anyone else either. I don't understand how Terrys husband could go on with his life the way he did, especially since she was technically still alive. Maybe we have a different relationship than most people but my dedication to my husband is absolute, for better or worse, in sickness and in heath for as long as we both shall live. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't feel as if I could honor that oath.
I don't think marrage is taken that seriously anymore and it makes me really sad. In Nevada, its cheaper to get a divorce than it is to get married at the justice of the peace.
Sometimes people disgust me.