PDA

View Full Version : Cute Story

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2005, 09:27 AM
But sorry, no pics.

9:45 pm, almost time for bed, and the doorbell rings. It was one of the ladies that is on the townhome board with Terry. Terry had to miss the meeting because he was out of town so she stopped by to drop off some paperwork. Cracker Jack, ever the sociable one, always has to come and greet this lady and act cute for her. I don't know if she likes cats because she has never once tried to pet him, but he always has to come say Hi to her.

So, we're standing there talking and he's sprawled out on the runner - belly up. We stop talking and look at him and I say something about him. He knows we're talking about him so he rolls over and sits up a bit. At the very same time he is sitting up, she is saying "Looks like somebody is looking to have his tummy rubbed." The second she said "tummy rubbed" he flopped over again, legs splayed out, tummy fully exposed for said rubs. :D

It was just so funny that just as she said that he rolled over and went spread eagle again. It was as if he knew what she was saying and was responding with a resounding "YES! Come rub my tummy!" :D :D

Such a silly boy. :D Video would have been just too perfect here - drat! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-15-2005, 09:39 AM
HA HA HA!! You silly CJ!!

Cinder & Smoke
06-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... she is saying
"Looks like somebody is looking to have his tummy rubbed."
The second she said "tummy rubbed" he flopped over again,
legs splayed out, tummy fully exposed for said rubs. :D

Sooo...

Did the Poor Boy **GET** his Tummy Rubbed???? :confused:

furrykidsmother
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Cute, silly Cracker Jack! Sure hope you got that tummy rub!

cruisetime
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
DId he get his tummy rubbed??? Please!!!!! :) :) :) That is such a cute story - I bet she couldn't resist! debbie

Barbara
06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
We can't stand the suspense - did he get his tummy rubbed?:)

catnapper
06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh CJ, you would have reduced me to a puddle if I was standing there! I sure hope you got your belly rubs!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Sorry everybody, but he didn't get them this time. She left without even attempting, and as I headed over to him to provide what he was asking for, he got up and ran away. I guess he wanted them from her and her alone. She has never made any negative overtures towards the cats, and in fact seems to actually like that he comes to see her, but I just really don't think she is a "cat person" because like I say, she has never once made an attempt to pet him, even when he comes right up to her. Hmmm.....have to see if we can get him to get her to break down and admit that she thinks he's the cutest kitty in the world. ;)

However, he is not deprived of tummy rubs by any means, so you all don't have to feel too bad for him. I oblige him every single time he asks for tummy rubs. :D

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Awww!!! What a cutie!!!

RUB RUB RUB!!! :)

orangemm
06-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Give him a rub from me! He deserves it for being so darn cute!

Randi
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
CJ is just too cute, can you please give him a few more RUBS from me? :D

How could that woman resist - perhaps she's allergic to cats.

catmandu
06-15-2005, 07:31 PM
MY BEST FRIEND ROBERT,WAS LIKE,THAT FOR THE LONGEST TIME,BUT HE LIKES,THE MOOSE,AND PETS HIM,ALL THE TIME,OF COURSE,ITS QUITE HARD,NOT TO,WHEN A 20 POUND CAT,IS STARING YOU,IN THE FACE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture462.jpg

catfamily
06-15-2005, 11:54 PM
That is so funny that he wanted HER to rub his tummy.I think you should hint around to her that he likes her and wants her to pat him.Unless she can't touch cats because she's allergic.

gini
06-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Debbie, if it had been me visiting you - I would have been all over CJ with those belly rubs and completely forget why I came to see you in the first place.

Yes, perhaps she is allergic........what a shame!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by catfamily
That is so funny that he wanted HER to rub his tummy.I think you should hint around to her that he likes her and wants her to pat him.Unless she can't touch cats because she's allergic.

I'll have to tell her that next time she stops over and see if she takes the big leap and pets him. ;) :D There are 5 board members and each month the meeting is at one of our houses, so that means every 5th month everyone comes to our house. She - or any of them - has never indicated that they are allergic. If they did, I would be sure to put the kitties away while the meeting is going on, but since no one has mentioned it, I let them roam free - as usual - during the meeting. Tubby was always the most sociable and had to rub on everyone's legs and demand pets. Peanut - as usual - is more stand offish and CJ only showed mild interest during the one meeting we've had since he's been with us - it was his nap time so he couldn't be bothered. :rolleyes: ;)

So therefore, I'm thinking she just doesn't know much about cats, has probably never had one and maybe is a little afraid of them. Maybe CJ will be a good kitty ambassador and get her to make a turn around and become a kitty lover. :D

catfamily
06-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Make sure you keep us posted.It's always nice to see people start to think about cats and how wonderful they really are.To see that they are sensitive and smart.I hope all the members at the meeting start to enjoy your cats enough to want to have their own,or just enough to understand them more:D :D :D

ramanth
06-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Could it be she's too embarresed to ask?

I'll rub that tummy CJ! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Could it be she's too embarresed to ask?

Hmmm...never thought of that one, Kim! I'll have to make a point of offering his tummy up for rubs next time she visits. :D