PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed Asap For Bcblondie's Megan

shais_mom
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Megan went into apparently what the vet called cardiovascular shock this evening when Di had her at the dog park.
This is a c/p from Di in an AIM.

she fell over at the dog park.. like.. she was chasing some dogs and all of a sudden someone noticed she was lying down and wasnt moving so i ran over and her legs were stiff.. i got soo scared.. it almost looked like she had died.. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'( but then her legs started twitching kinda and she was making little growly noises but she wouldnt get up or move.. so i picked her up and carried her to the car and one of my dog park friends drove while the other helped me with miko..
the vet said she'd be okay.. but i left her there overnight for observation..
but in the car on the way to the hospital she seemed to get better... she started panting.. altho sometimes her tongue would flip up like a pug's tongue does when panting which was VERY unusual for her..
the vet said it probably wasnt a seizure that she had but he thinks she went into some kind of shock.. like, he thought cardiovascular shock... and he said another thing that concerns him is that he did hear a SLIGHT heart murmur
so right now she's at the vets for observation.. and i can decide later on if i wanna run more tests to figure out if anything is wrong or anything... but then it would get really expensive.. for the radiographs and chest x-rays.. the total he gave me if i got all the tests done was a bit over 1,000 :-\.. the overnight stay was only $395 or so.. i paid a 200 deposit and i pay the rest in the morning.. i just hope she'll be okay.. he said they've got her stabilized and she seemed to be doing better

caseysmom
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Prayers on the way for Megan.

caseysmom
06-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I have been thinking about this and it sure sounds a lot like a seizure to me, my good friends small dog had an episode like that months ago and there has been no reoccurance.

I sure hope thats the case for megan.

Oggyflute
06-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Good thoughts and wishes for Megan.

Cinder & Smoke
06-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Hi God ~

Lil Help down here, PaLeeze ...

Fur our Buddie - Megan - whooze inna Hoppsbittle tanite ...

Kuld You make a Road Trip an *check* on her tanite??

THANKS, God!

/s/ The Prayer Pups

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Prayers heading over to you all - keep us posted on how she is

chocolatepuppy
06-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Prayers headed your way for sweet Megan. I hope it turns out not too serious. {hugs}

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm thinking of Megan, hoping it's nothing too serious.....

k9krazee
06-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Good thoughts and wishes for Megan and her family...

Daisy and Delilah
06-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Prayers are coming from Florida for Megan and her family. We hope she will be ok and we can only imagine how difficult that was to experience such a horrible thing. Bless all of you.

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

Cincy'sMom
06-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for poor Megan.

ramanth
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
How frightening!! :(

I hope Megan will be okay.

trayi52
06-15-2005, 10:22 AM
That is really scarey! I hope and pray that Megan will be okay.
I am sending prayers from Tennessee to you and your family for Megan to get well soon.

Willie

ParNone
06-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts headed to Megan

K9soul
06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
That is awful :(. Prayers on the way for dear little Megan. I sure miss Diana and her pups here at PT too.

anna_66
06-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh how scarey that would be. I sure hope everything is ok and the tests show nothing bad. Please let her know she'll be in my thoughts and prayers Staci.

lizbud
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear that. Poor Megan.:( Prayers & good
wishes on the way for a complete recovery.

Bigyummydog
06-15-2005, 11:35 AM
:( furry hugs and soggy kisses headed your way. Feel better soon MEGAN.

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Oh no!!! :( Not my little Megan! :(

Prayers going out for good news today.

Hugs,
Kelly

wolflady
06-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I saw this posted in your LJ, but wanted to comment here too. Poor Megan! I hope the vet can find a reason that caused this and a way to treat the problem so it doesn't happen again. Lots of prayers are on the way for your fuzzy little princess girl!!!

Please keep us posted!

**hugs**

CagneyDog
06-15-2005, 12:31 PM
That must of been horrible! Prayers for Megan on the way :(

BitsyNaceyDog
06-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh poor Megan. :(
My vet told me that poms are very prone to heart murmurs. :( Bitsy has a slightly enlarged heart and my vet sees her regularly (every 6 months) to check it.

Feel better soon Megan.
We miss you.

Suki Wingy
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Oh, I will be thinking about you guys today. I really hope she can recover soon!

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh, that sounds terrible!!:( Prayers are on the way Megan!!:(

sandragonfly
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
oh no, not you! grrr..pains.

must be very scary..just went into your shoes and can't imagine it would happen to mine!

anything positive today? waiting to hear from you! ..maybe I should PM you.. ((di & megan))

bckrazy
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
OMG, not Megan!! I am totally speachless, how horribly scary for Di. Megan is the sweetest little girl ever. I'm totally praying for her to get better tonight.... I can't even imagine what that could be caused by. wow, I need to e-mail Di...

dappledoxie
06-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh no!! Di, I hope Megan is ok, she's got to be. I'll be thinking of you and Megan and the rest of the gang and sending my love. -hug-

luvofallhorses
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Prayers on the way, I hope it's nothing too serious...((((hugs))))

Karen
06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Prayers on the way for you AND for Meghan.

wolf_Q
06-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Megan. :( I hope it's nothing serious.....please get feeling better sweet Megan!

KYS
06-15-2005, 06:36 PM
How scary! Sending many good thoughts that
Megan will be ok.

BCBlondie
06-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Thank you all so much for wishing my little girl to get better... Staci was so thoughtful to make a thread about it.. Thank you so much..

Update on Megan:

She seems to be doing fine.. She stayed at the hospital during the night for observation, and I picked her up early this morning before I had to go to work.. I had some questions I wanted to ask the vet but I didn't see him when I went to pick her up, and the tech/receptionist/assistant/whoever it was who handed Megan over to me lol, didn't know the answers to my questions.. :( But anyway, I'm thinking about getting a referral from Megan's regular vet so that I can take her up to Davis as they have a really great vet thing up there and are great at finding out what's wrong with your pet and doing what they can to help.. (I was actually also planning on taking Miko up there for a BAER hearing test)
So the good news: For now, she's feeling a lot better.. she's pretty much back to her normal self.. I'm just really worried about it happening again.. It was such a scary experience.. for a second I thought I had lost her because she wasn't moving.. :( :( :( I don't know what I'd do without little Megan.. she's my life and the best dog anyone could ever ask for. So I'm really hoping I can find out what's wrong with her, prevent it from happening again, and hopefully find a cure for it..
The vet bill this morning came out cheaper than I thought it would be.. I only had to pay a total of $305 which I thought was really good for an emergency.. But to get her tested will cost a loooot more... *sighs* I'm going to be seriously working my butt off for the next year or more to be able to afford her vet bills lol... x_x She's worth every single penny though..
It's just really hard though because she seems to have problems after problems.. her health has never been really good.. and it's so hard because she's SUCH a great and the most loving dog.. she doesn't deserve to go through all this pain.. I just wish for her to be perfectly healthy one day...

Anyway, here are some pics I got of her...

My little princess a week ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC01245.jpg

In the car coming home from the hospital today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC01579.jpg
Poor baby... :(

Getting lots and lots of love at home:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC01584.jpg

Assuring her little brother that everything is going to be fine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/BCBlondie/DSC01587.jpg
It was soo sweet.. He crawled up on my bed where Megan was and he looked really concerned about her.. and then she started licking him.. :)

Thank you all soo much again.. It really means a lot to me and Meg...

Ginger's Mom
06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Thank you for the update and the pictures (the last one is so precious). We will keep poor little Megan in our thoughts and prayers, for a positive response from Davis (?).

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm so glad Megan is home now!!

Please give her gentle kisses for me.

I bet Davis will be able to help you. I look forward to hearing what they say.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

BCBlondie
06-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Ginger's Mom
Davis (?).
What I meant by Davis was UC Davis.. Apparently they've got a great veterinarian program up there.. I've heard only good things about them... :)

chocolatepuppy
06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Good to hear Megan is home and doing ok. I hope she continues to be ok. She's such a little sweetie. :)

Giselle
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Oooh Megan I was thinking of you today!

I'm so glad you're doing better and it made me so happy to see you open your beady little eyes and lookit that sly little smile she has on *heart*

And that is so greyt of your vet! 305$ isn't bad at all for overnight stay. When Lucky went in for a 20 minute e-vet, it costed us around 120$ :eek: I knew little Megan would pull through :) Sending more white light and prayers for the little girl to make a 110% recovery.

CountryWolf07
06-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Ahhh.. I am so glad to hear Megan is okay! :) I told you she'd be alright..

countrycowgirl
06-15-2005, 10:26 PM
aww I am so glad to hear that you are doing better Megan ...you are so cute ...I hope that what ever happened does not happen agian you and megan will be in my prayer!!

luvofallhorses
06-15-2005, 10:29 PM
She's such a cutie and a sweetheart. I am glad she's OK and continues to do better.

BCBlondie
06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
:( :( :(
Megan sleeps on my bed with me every night, and this morning when I got up, I noticed that when she got up she was all wobbly and could barely walk and seemed a little disoriented so I rushed her to the emergency vet hospital again. She had done this wobbly thing twice before a couple months ago and when I took her to her regular vet they didn't find anything wrong with her, and then the incident at the dog park happened and this morning it happened again so I didn't want to take my chances.. So at the emergency vet hospital they said she was stable (her gums were pink and she was walking around okay and back to her normal self..), so they sent me to Megan's regular vet (which is a few blocks away)..
Sooo.. they're going to be keeping her there during the day to watch her and do blood work and stuff.. *sighs* :(

It's so hard.. :( It seems to be problem after problem with Megan.. and it's not her fault! She doesn't deserve this.. I was so scared this morning.. I was hoping she would be fine and everything would be okay but when she couldn't walk this morning, I got so scared that maybe this is really serious and I was going to lose her... :( :( :( I love that girl more than anything in the world and just the thought of possibly losing her really really hurt me..:( I just really hope they will be able to find out what's wrong with her so that this doesn't happen again and she gets better... :(

beeniesmom
06-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry about Megan :(
I hope she feels better soon.
We hope there's nothing wrong with her.

shais_mom
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
sending hugs your way

lv4dogs
06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh my goodness how scary.
I hope they find out what is wrong with her & soon. I hope it's something simple. Sweet Megan doesn't deserve any of this.
I'm sending tons of good thoughts your way, wishing only the best for you's!

lizbud
06-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Prayers & tender hugs for Megan. Hope they find out what's causing this & fix it quick. Feel better soon pretty girl.

k9krazee
06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this :( Megan...get better soon sweetie :(

caseysmom
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Glad Megan is doing better. I believe that the veterinary program at uc davis will treat megan free of charge if they accept her. They have the number 1 rated vet program in the whole country.

petslover
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I am glad that Megan is doing better too. I know how scary this must be. I been keeping up with the updates and May God Bless your little girl!

ramanth
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Poor thing. :( Many more healing vibes for Megan.

popcornbird
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Oh my gosh! Di! I'm so sorry to hear of Megan being so sick. :( I just got to this thread now because my computer died 2 days ago, and I wasn't able to get online. So sorry I didn't see it earlier.

I'll be praying for little Megan, and you! Hope she feels better soon. I know how much she means to you.

{{{hugs}}}

juju
06-16-2005, 02:39 PM
loving thoughts to you all. from England

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-16-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm glad Megan's feeling a little better!:) Keep us updated!

K9soul
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Diana, it is so good to see you post, though I wish it were under happier circumstances. I know one of the hardest things to do is to leave them at the vet's and then sit and wait for answers, the sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach just won't go away and you struggle not to fear the worst. Megan is still in my prayers and I hope the updates continue to be good ones. She's such a beautiful and darling little girl. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I love her looks, more spitz like and less "toy-like" than some poms. It just looks more natural to me.

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
((((((((( Di )))))))))
((((((((Megan))))))))))

I hope you both feel better soon. This has to be so scary for you, Di. I wish I could make it all better for you both.

Hopefully they'll figure out what's causing this today and they can fix her all up.

Hugs,
Kelly

BCBlondie
06-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I picked Megan up from her vet during my lunch break as she seemed to be doing fine.. So I talked to Meg's regular vet and she said some of the blood work came back and so far everything seems to be pretty much normal.. her blood sugar level and white blood cell count and everything (which is one things the vet was worried about) was normal, her kidneys and liver were normal, etc... The thing she WAS concerned about was one of Megan's eyes... she noticed that her pupils were dilated differently and when she checked the back of her eye she said one of the arteries were larger than she's normally seen.. she said that it could possibly be a neurological? problem and that I should get Megan's eye checked out by an ophthamologist...
So I asked to get a referral to Davis and she gave me their # and said as soon as I make an appointment with them then to have her send them Megan's paperwork... *sighs*
I don't care if Megan loses an eye or her hearing or leg or anything.. I just don't want to lose HER.. :( I love her more than anything in the world and I just want her to get better and be healthy.. :(

Thanks again for keeping my girl in your thoughts...

CagneyDog
06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
You and Megan are still in my prayers. I hope they find out the problem!

Giselle
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh dear Megan :( Still sending prayers and white light your way!

I'm sure the vets at UC Davis will figure what's going on within her, and, eventually, cure her. Don't give up Megan! We're all rooting for you. :) Get well soon, poopie!

shais_mom
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Di is to be calling this Davis vet place and they feel it is an emergency and want to get her in asap.

That is all I know now.

BCBlondie
06-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, that was fun... :rolleyes: I just finished a 4-hr long game of phone tag with several vets/vet clinics...

The people at UC Davis were really nice... but they seemed kind of as confused as I was about what was going on.. See, they have like 4 departments there, and they kept switching me back and forth between 3 of them lol.. it was kinda funny but it got annoying after a while... I was speaking to someone in ophthamology.. then they switched me to emergency because they thought it was more of an emergency thing.. then emergency switched me to neurology.. then neurology switched me to ophthamology.. then ophthamology switched me back to emergency.. then I had to wait for an emergency vet to call me back, then she switched me to ophthamology, and so on... FINALLY, they came to the conclusion that it seems to be more of a neurological problem but their neurology department is booked today. :(

So then I called Megan's regular vet back and asked them to refer me to this neurologist at the emergency vet clinic I took her to, and I finally got an appointment scheduled for her on Tuesday at 10:30.. Phew....

I just hope Megan will be fine until then and that they'll be able to find out what's wrong with her.. :(

Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts!

chocolatepuppy
06-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Di, it can be so frustrating to get ahold of someone can't it? I will keep sweet Megan in my prayers.

Giselle
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Neurological problem, hmm? Wow, I have absolutely no experience with neurological problems (animal/human), but her vet visit should be interesting. Will they be doing MRI's and like cat-scans? I hope Megan is doing okay right now :)

Keep it up Megan and Di! You're right, Megan doesn't deserve it, but she definitely deserves such a loving mom. Sending more prayers and white light your way :)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm so sorry I missed this, Di.

Poor Megan.. I really, really hope she gets well soon. Keep us posted.. she's such a sweet girl. :(

{{hugs}}

sandragonfly
06-17-2005, 06:48 PM
hey..

I was smiling (reading megan's coming home..) for a minute then ..:( things are confused and mixed up right now..wish tuesday could hurry up!

I pray harder for nothing would happen to her during the weekend anyway!! really hope she'll meat herself out and is not restless to rest well..will be thinking of you and megan, espeically on that davis day.

(just a side of my similar story, yesteryear, I was going to take my four month old kit, edges tahoe to up to uc davis and had an appointment with them on the coming week after I took him to three different vets who had no idea what's up with edges but he died all of sudden.. :( *goosebumps*)

that makes me cry more for your megan.. ((praying)) and hugs!!

..gina & edges, the fuzzyangel..

manda_moo87
06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Get well soon Megan!! :(

finn's mom
06-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear that so much of Megan's tests came back good, but, I'm sorry that you and she have to go through more testing. I'll be keeping your girl in my thoughts.

wolf_Q
06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Di I hope you'll be able to figure out what's going on with Megan and that she will be ok. I know the worry of not knowing what is wrong....Nebo had that problem with one pupil larger than the other and I never actually figured out what was wrong.