PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my baby!

slleipnir
06-14-2005, 09:54 PM
As some of you know, Josie has a problem with aggression. I've been training with her, but haven't see a lot of dogs to judge her now.

So I decided to take her to Zeke's obedience class in his place.

Got there, very little dog comes in with owner. No barking. *lots of praise*
Instructor comes in. Some barking. Correction. Silence. Good no bark.
Other people come. No barking. Gooood girl! Guy comes over with lab and seems to assume he can just let him wonder up without holding back. I asked if he could keep him back but I guess he didn't hear me? Dog gets in Josies face *Growl* Nooo!

Other lady and small dog come over. Slowly sniff, get closer, fine, no barking! *loads of praise..although she's always good with small dogs*

Rest of the class she was *perfect*. She got to show off too. She looked at me through all the heeling. Barely took her eyes off me. Instructor noticed and said it was great.

We did some figure 8 and the instructors says "Ohh, she's had training!"

I had a totally slack leash the whole time and she turns with me, stops with me and sits by my side great the whole time. We showed off with the recall :o The other dogs only come, thent he handler needs to pull them to their side with the leash. I called Josie standing straight ith my hands by myside and she did what she should. I small wave to the side and she goes to the heel position. :D::D:D:D:D

THEN!! What made me proud was a dog walked RIGHT next to her, stopped, and smelled her bum. Josie looked very carefully and looked like she was pondering growling...she didn't! GOOD GIRL! *praise like crazy and treats* I was so happy with her tonight! I always say "yup, my bad dog" but she is much better trained then Zeke.

Sorry for the pointless post, but being pet loves I'm sure you can understand how such small things make you so proud

I'm gonna take her to flyball and practice with her around other dogs. If she's ever good enough I may enter her in flyball too. I doubt it but you never know. I'm also thinking of taking her to some more advanced obedience

cyber-sibes
06-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Ohhh, good girl Josie!!! Biscuits & pets! That's very exciting!

K9soul
06-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Don't you just feel overwhelmed with pride when they behave so well, and you see your work and diligence paying off? I'm SO happy for you and Josie, Audrey, I know how much this means to you! :) You are doing a fantastic job, and should be proud of yourself as well! Many dog owners would not put the time and effort into working with her that you have, and you've obviously been very consistent in your work with her. GOOD girl Josie!!! :D Please give her a hug from me :).

slleipnir
06-14-2005, 10:14 PM
I paid around 400 for her training, so THAT makes me happy to see her doing well too!! hehe!!

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Good girl Pea!

I know exactly how you feel, Audrey. My Simba used to be very bad with dogs. He's a ton of a lot better now and it makes me very proud. :)

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Yippee for Josie! I'm so glad she made you proud. Where's the pics? We haven't seen your dogs for a while, anyway. Good girl, Josie!

slleipnir
06-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Hehe!! You remembered I call her Pea <3333

anna_66
06-14-2005, 11:33 PM
NEVER!

I don't blame you for being so excited over how well Josie did, I think I would have been on top of the world :D
Sounds like those lessons are really paying off!

Lots of cookies and praise for you Josie!!!!

Oggyflute
06-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Good girl Josie.:)

k9krazee
06-15-2005, 07:18 AM
What a good girl Josie!!!!

robinh
06-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Just brought tears to my eyes! That is a great story.

Good job Josie! We're all so proud of you!
:D

lizbud
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Very good girl Josie.:D We all knew how smart you were.:)

Logan
06-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Way to go, Josie and Audrey!!!! :)

KYS
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Such a good girl!!!

You made your mom so proud.
Congratulations!

vinjashira
06-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I'm sure you can understand how such small things make you so proud
to excell in obediance is certainly not a small thing! well done! :)

Dixieland Dancer
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Sorry for the pointless post, but being pet loves I'm sure you can understand how such small things make you so proud

This was NOT a pointless post! It was great to hear she made such great progress!!!! :D I wondered from time to time and now I don't have too wonder anymore!!!!! ;)

GREAT JOB JOSIE and AUDREY!!!