PDA

View Full Version : Any old Thursday - drinking and eating

gini
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.barsinspain.com/page090.html

Scroll down and read about what you drink tells you a bit about yourself.

It doesn't say a word about cherry cokes or catnip teas though.:D

Killearn Kitties
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Hmm, well I like both red and white wine, also gin. Does that mean I am mature, entrepreneurial and stable? I'm certainly stable, I'm not so sure about the other two! :D

Doesn't mention slushies on that list either!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by gini

It doesn't say a word about cherry cokes or catnip teas though.:D
:eek: Well! It just can't be very accurate then! ;) :D

slick
06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
OK, so I'm entrepreneurial except when I'm at Gini's BBQ then I become an extrovert!!! Who me???? Never!!!! :eek: :D
I have been known to have a nip of Gin so that makes me stable which is good. However, I don't drink red wine, beer, or rum so I guess I'm neither mature or experimental. It also says that vodka drinkers are opinionated and independent. Me? Don't believe a word of it. :D So that clears up the mystery that is me.....:D
Karen, slushies fall under the category of Tequila.

...and speaking of slushies, I'll take a pitcher or two over here please.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends
With a little help from my friends

Randi
06-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm skipping the drinks these days, as I have a horrific cold, so I'm sipping camomille tea. Otherwise, I enjoy a cold beer on a hot summers day, and I equally enjoy a glass of red or white wine around dinner time. ;) Also, a Gin & Tonic is high on my list - so I guess I'm entrepreneurial, mature and stable. :D

However, none of the above before 5 o'clock - except the tea! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't drink gin or vodka.....but everything else....hey...what about whiskey?????

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
red wine - mature

tend to be organized professionals
and the type who alphabetizes
their cds

tequila - extrovert

free spirit, good fun to be around,
gregarious in nature, typically younger
in behavior and outlook

Hmmmm......this pretty much fits me. :) I can be very organized, I'm getting into the insurance business (so, that's professional). I do alphabetize my cds and movies. But, on the other hand, I've been told I'm very animated and outgoing. I am definitely a free spirit. I can be very immature (the whole part about younger in behavior and outlook), too.

I had a guy once tell me, within about five minutes of meeting me...and, only knowing my birthday....that he could describe me in four words or less. Whatever, I remember saying. So, he sat there, going through his brain's file cabinet, I guess. About twenty seconds later, he says "you're fiery, yet, anal retentive."

So, I guess that's why I drink red wine and tequila. I wonder what they have to say about drinking jagermeister. Probably that I'm stupid, too. Ha ha, pretty interesting.

Lady's Human
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Nothing about Bailey's either...........

slick
06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Just stopping in for an afternoon break. Sorry I can't be her more often this week...doing double-duty here at work. Don't you just hate it when work interferes with your social life??

I'm going to grab a double BM for starters. Only had a small salad for lunch so since this is cyber, I could sure use a big bacon cheeze burger with the works along with some cheeze fries. Yum!!! Off to the kitchen I am. :)

Where are Possum and Mario??? I miss those two furry ones.

LeahMM
06-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Tequila Drinkers are ….. Extrovert Tequila drinkers are free spirits, unconcerned about tomorrow or achievements either short or long term.
"Really good fun to be around, gregarious in nature and extrovert, the Tequila drinker is typically younger in behaviour and outlook."

Hmmmmm

gini
06-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Aw Slick, sorry this isn't THURSDAY - THURSDAY! This is just a post to let everyone analyze their personality with their drink of choice.

Gosh, can't even get you that cheeseburger.

The bar won't open until tomorrow - under its regular thread.........whoever starts it up.

Corinna
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
I was just going to say, man, I must not be the only one having one of those weeks. But glad to see it's just a fun thread.

lizbud
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Wonder what it would say about Ouzo? It's not an everyday drink, but still......

slick
06-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Aw Slick, sorry this isn't THURSDAY - THURSDAY! Gosh, can't even get you that cheeseburger. The bar won't open until tomorrow - under its regular thread.........whoever starts it up.
Yeah, right.....funny ha ha. You're such a joker Gini!!!! :D :D ;)

Who thinks this should be the official Thursday thread of this week??? Hand up everyone!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by slick
Who thinks this should be the official Thursday thread of this week??? Hand up everyone!!!

Me, me...oooh, ooh! The only thing is there's no number to the title so we might get confuzzled next week when it's time to number it again.

Since I learned so much about writing papers in this last class (yes, it's over and so is the paper - got 100% on the paper by the way!) so I'm going to demonstrate my talents.

Why this Thread should be the Official Thursday Thread
Debbie H.
6/14/05
Pet Talk

Introduction
Thursdays are a thread on PT in the Dog House section where many Pet Talkers gather every week to sit down, relax, share a cyber drink and share their lives.

Official Thread
I believe this thread should be the Official Thursday Thread because[HAN01]:

1. I desparately need a drink
2. Thursday slushies are the best!
3. Why have two Thursday threads?
4. I need a slushie really really bad right now.

Conclusion
Every Thursday needs a thread, so for the reasons cited above, this thread is the perfect choice for this Thursday's thread.

Bibliography
[HAN01] H. Debbie. Pet Talk, "Any old Thursday - drinking and eating" 6/14/05.
(http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1157698#post1157698)

--

--

--

Whew! Boy am I glad that class is over with! :rolleyes: Who would have ever thought it was supposed to be about security and not about writing papers. :rolleyes:

However, as you can see, there is no better thread for this Thursday than this thread. So, who's going to join me in a pitcher of slushies? :D

slick
06-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Me, me....I could use a slushie. I'm still here at work...:rolleyes: :(
Debbie, come and sit on the couch for awhile and talk to me. It's been forever.....Speckles says Hi to Auntie Debbie, btw
Wow, that's some paper and CONGRATULATIONS on the 100%. I knew you could do it!! :)
Now, let's get down to it. First we'll start off with green then we'll switch to the red :D :D

gini
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, I tried, but I can't change the title of the thread.

Anyone know how to do this?

I really didn't mean to start Thursdays on Tuesday............but what the heck.........everyone is pretty thirsty and hungry.

Debbie - I remember you agonizing over that paper..........and you knock down 100% ...........we will have to drink to that at the BBQ.

RED and GREEN slushies for everyone!!

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Gini, have you been drinking slushies before you tried to open? Since we can have anything, I'll take a strawberry dacquari. I hope I spelled that correctly. If not, after a couple, it won't matter anyway. Happy Thursaday on Tuesday everyone :p

gini
06-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I just realized what the problem is.......thanks, Val for reminding me.........

I NEVER LEFT FROM LAST WEEK!!

Am I ever in trouble at work:D

slick
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Gini, have you been drinking slushies before you tried to open?
Well, you know those die hards.....they live in a world of their own....;) :D

...and speaking of which, Gini, you start a thread in the Dog House, the title contains the word "Thursday" and the word "drinking"....that's got all the criteria for a Thursday thread!:D We patrons are just doing what comes naturally. :D :D

RICHARD
06-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I am laughing so hard that I am crying..

Just For The Record...

Thursdays has always been about getting together and laughing with and at each other......It's been a "no holds barred" zone and a place to just let go and be silly.....

I really do think that alcohol has a real bad rap here, on these threads.....

Think of it THIS way..........

Where else can you confess to your darkest secrets, foibles and goofy thoughts, totally sober.......then blame it on alcohol???

I saw thru all of you a long long time ago....

It's not the day on the calendar, cyber drinks or the theme of the week that makes you all show up........

It's Mario!!!!

;)

----------------------------

Seriously....

I look at a calendar.....check out the date and try to figure out what number thurday this is gonna be.....

What can I say??

I have joined a couple of other 'sites' and can honestly say that
Pet Talk has had it's 'serious' moments....But, I have never seen a group of people 'disagree' one day and on the next day drop all their 'ideals' to unite for a common cause.

gini, Mario can double dip anytime he wants!

slick
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Richard......you forgot to say DONE! :D

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I'll never confess my secrets.........It's funny. In real life, I drink maybe four times a year. In here, I drink like a fish! Good thing it's not the other way around, huh?

gini
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
The only secret that I am going to confess to is that obviously I don't know the different between Tuesday and Thursday.

But it made so many people happy - why not?

Val, and aren't the drinks great here - not to mention the price............

Oggyflute
06-15-2005, 01:23 AM
red wine - mature

tend to be organized professionals
and the type who alphabetizes
their cds

Better have a red then. I have a thing for Barrossa Valley shiraz at the moment, so might have one of those.:D

Possum what do you mean it's not Thursday?:eek: Well Mario's having cherries, so I'm going to have a red.;)

dukedogsmom
06-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Well Trev, I'm stuck here at work again. So, let's have a toast to friends all over the world. Going on my break. Be back in a bit.

Oggyflute
06-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Absolutely.:D I'm about to thow some steaks on the BBQ so a red will go down nicely.:) (fillet wrapped in bacon with a mushroom sauce, sorbaise potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, buttered corn and baby peas:p )

CHEERS EVERYONE:D

dukedogsmom
06-15-2005, 02:20 AM
That sounds so much better than the frozen dinner I just ate. Your wife is one lucky lady to have you cook for her all the time. My brother is the same way. He cooks wonderfully!

Killearn Kitties
06-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Wow! That sounds one excellent breakfast Og!! Shall I help myself, since you look so comfy there in front of the telly watching the rugby?

Hi Val!

Congratulations, Debbie!!!! How did you manage 100% for something that you were dreading so much? Did everyone get 100%? (ONLY JOKING!) :p :D

dukedogsmom
06-15-2005, 03:18 AM
How I wish I were in front of the tv at home in my comfortable chair. I would be asleep! My eyes are burning right now from being tired. My bed is calling me...........If only I could answer it.

lbaker
06-15-2005, 07:25 AM
:confused: :confused: So I'm out of touch for ONE THURSDAY and it's Tuesday (now Wednesday) and it's really Thursday but Trev is making an absolutely wonderful meal, or was that yesterday?? I'll have one of everything and have to start on some baking again.. what is it about baking and kneading and pounding and rolling that is such therapy?? Or maybe it's just the kneading and pounding and rolling :eek: :o ;)

slick
06-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone! There's fresh Bailey's made and I'll go put on some fresh coffee.

I'm hungry this morning and have a hankering for some pancakes with fresh strawberries. Can I get some for anyone else?

Just had the most delightful phone conversation with ChrisH. Gini, we really must sit down and talk about the 2006 UK trip.:)

Laurie, don't even try to figure it out. Just go with the flow. Why don't you sit down over by Mario and relax.:) He "kneads" you. :D :D I kill me....or someone should....

lbaker
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I forgot, I told Slick about it but when I was at this resort in the Pocono's last weekend (son & d-in-law went to Nascar, I went horse back riding and sat by the pool :D ) the bar had a special drink they offered. They called it a "RICHARD COLADA". I am NOT making this up! Must be the bartender's name or something. It's vanilla schnapps, dark cocao, coconut and rum. Mix up in a blender with ice and serve in a large brandy glass. mmmmmmm, shall I give it a "whirl"?? Well, maybe later in the day for U.S. folks.... :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Val, and aren't the drinks great here - not to mention the price............

The absolute best thing about drinks at Thursdays is you can have as many as you want (how many pitchers do I need?) and never wake up with a headache. :D

Oggy - OMG but I'll have some of what you're having! That sounds absolutely delicious!!! Of course, it is breakfast time here and Slicks fresh Strawberry pancakes sound delicious too, so maybe you could come back later and recreate that wonderful meal for us. At at Saltgrass Steakhouse last weekend when we were in Texas. Absolutely yummy filet with peppercorn sauce and some sort of cheesy little red potato bake thing. MMMM-mmm!

Hmmm....you would think I hadn't eaten for 3 days the way I'm going on and on about food this morning. :rolleyes:

Laurie, the Richard Colada sounds great....except for the coconut. I'll have one a little later. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Congratulations, Debbie!!!! How did you manage 100% for something that you were dreading so much? Did everyone get 100%? (ONLY JOKING!) :p :D

I finally figured out what the professor was looking for. Really the secret to success in school is not how many brains you have, it's figuring out the individual professors and what they're looking for. Once you figure that out it's a piece of cake! After the first week I realized this guy was all about writing papers correctly. Content was almost a moot point as long as the proper protocols were used in the formation of the paper. I used a title, headings references and such - just like he wanted - and I got an A. Another person in class didn't cite any references so he only got a B, even though the content of his paper was better than mine (in my opinion anyway). This all kind of irks me about school as an adult. It should be about what you learned - which in this case should have been network security - but instead it's all about the professors and their personal quirks. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just have one more class to go, and realized on my way home that I have TWO WEEKS off before that class starts! Wooo hooo!!! What am I going to do with myself for two weeks? :D

slick
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
So now I have a bit of downtime what do I do?? Go the bar, of course. I'm still full from all those pancakes I ate.....**burp**. Think I'll settle on down with a Richard Colada! Sounds devine and I really think we need this on the menu at Gini's this year.

Debbie...two weeks off??? That will give you more Pet Talk time. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Debbie...two weeks off??? That will give you more Pet Talk time. :D

That's what I'm hoping. :D

I'm ready for one of those Richard coladas too - just no coconut for me please.

I didn't eat too many pancakes first of all because Mario stole all the strawberries - I thought he went for blueberries and cherrys, not strawberries - and second of all because I'm saving myself for Oggy's dinner tonight. <smacks lips> can't wait! :D

lbaker
06-15-2005, 02:43 PM
BOY, talk about the Batonga Wonga Blues.... listen to this story out of the paper. DENMARK: A patient broke wind while having surgery and set fire to his genitals. The 30-yr old man was having a mole removed from his bottom with an electric knife when his attack of flatulence was ignited by a spark. His genitals [aka sackaroos] which were soaked in surgical spirits, caught fire. The man, who is suing the hospital, said: "When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell. Besides the pain, I can't have sex with my wife." Surgeons at the hospital in Kjellerups said: "It was an accident". :eek:

Lady's Human
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Much like the "batonga wonga" mishaps on the funniest home videos shows, after reading that I need a coffee, it just made me cringe.

I'll take an Irish coffee, heavy on the Irish and light on the coffee, please.

dukedogsmom
06-15-2005, 04:04 PM
That is hilarious! Poor guy. I'm sure he'll get some money from the hospital for that one. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash comes to mind........

lbaker
06-15-2005, 05:36 PM
L's Human, I'll make sure the coffee isn't too hot (just in case you spill it :o ) "Ring of Fire", OMD Val, me too.... :D

lizbud
06-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
BOY, talk about the Batonga Wonga Blues.... listen to this story out of the paper. DENMARK: A patient broke wind while having surgery and set fire to his genitals. The 30-yr old man was having a mole removed from his bottom with an electric knife when his attack of flatulence was ignited by a spark. His genitals [aka sackaroos] which were soaked in surgical spirits, caught fire. The man, who is suing the hospital, said: "When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell. Besides the pain, I can't have sex with my wife." Surgeons at the hospital in Kjellerups said: "It was an accident". :eek:

Poor baby.:( Could have been worse, like a slip of the knife
maybe.:D ;)

dukedogsmom
06-15-2005, 07:30 PM
I think I'll take a shot of Hot D***! It's like drinking a fireball. So good. I learned about that in Texas. I also learned that the shot glasses are a lot bigger. I had many a fun night at the VFW playing dominos there. That's about the only thing I miss from Texas.

gini
06-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey, it isn't Thursday yet - what are you all doin' in here telling stories and ordering drinks?:D

RICHARD
06-15-2005, 10:53 PM
lolol.,

I just made up a batch of carb/avocado salad.....anybody want some??

DDM,
Hot Damn....DONE!

Liz,
Thank for the 'rose colored glasses" look at the tragedy..

I'll get you a drink when I can uncross me legs....:confused: :eek: :D

LAURIE B....
This is funny...there was a time back when the cautery devices would catch the surgical drapes on FIRE!!! you are forgiven.

LH....

CRINGE??? the first thing I did was a "mike jackson" to keep
the 'boys' from hearing the story...

Heavy Irish, Light Brazil.....DONE!

T&P and Slick...

Weeks away!! Two coladas.....DONE!

My vacation starts on July 1 1700 hours and goes until July 28 0900 hours......

:D :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

HI KK and Og..

Og, thanks for rolling up your sleeves and feeding the crew...

KK,

How are you???

Can I dispense some spirits for you all???

Oggyflute
06-16-2005, 01:26 AM
Lauirie, I swear I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.:D

Never having surgery in Denmark!

Going to have to try a "Richard Colada", sounds great.:)

How does whiting fillets with a lemon glaze sound for tonights dinner? I'll do a big batch, and have a glass of Hunter semillon ready for everyone.:) ;)

Richard, a whole month off without the wannabe woman. How will you cope?:D

moosmom
06-16-2005, 08:12 AM

BOY, talk about the Batonga Wonga Blues.... listen to this story out of the paper. DENMARK: A patient broke wind while having surgery and set fire to his genitals. The 30-yr old man was having a mole removed from his bottom with an electric knife when his attack of flatulence was ignited by a spark. His genitals [aka sackaroos] which were soaked in surgical spirits, caught fire. The man, who is suing the hospital, said: "When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell. Besides the pain, I can't have sex with my wife." Surgeons at the hospital in Kjellerups said: "It was an accident".

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!:p :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
My vacation starts on July 1 1700 hours and goes until July 28 0900 hours......

NO way!!! A whole month off of work!?!?! I am just so jealous!!! However, it's a good thing I never get a complete month off at the same time because I'd never want to go back! :rolleyes: ;)

Ring of fire - groooooaaaann....:D

Hmm...what's for breakfast today? I think I'll stick with something light - how about some fruit and cottage cheese? Mario, bring those strawberries back, they're for the fruit salad!!! <takes off running after the little imp> :D

slick
06-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I have the whole month off too....last day of work is June 30th (July 1st is Canadian holiday) and don't go back until Aug 2 (Aug 1st is a BC holiday). :o :o

I'm running late this morning so just going to grab some breakfast and run. Thanks for cutting up the fruit Debbie.

I'll check in later.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
EXCITING NEWS!!

I just got a phone call from my brother. He is sending me a brand new Dell computer with a flat monitor. It should be here any day!!!!
:D :D :D :D

I'm just flabbergasted!!!!!
No more switching browsers to post on PT!
No more dizzy spells from this tiny monitor (my big one died last week)
No more "update your Netscape" browser messages.

DRINKS ARE ON ME TODAY!!!!(just no drinking near my new computer when it comes!!!) ;) :D

gini
06-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Oh Moff, what exciting news indeed.

I am soooo happy for you. Boy - there will be a blabbermouth contest for sure when you get everything set up!

Hugs to you - this has just made my day.

Killearn Kitties
06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
What excitement!!! MOFF getting a shiny new PC and Slick and Richard going on holiday for a whole month!

I'll have strawberries and champagne to celebrate please! :D :D

slick
06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
MOFF, my heart is leaping with joy!!! I'm so excited for you...we use Dell computers exclusively at work and they're great. We get good support service as well.

You're right Gini.....there will be no stopping this blabbermouth now. Pretty soon we'll be celebratin' MOFF's 10,000....:)

slick
06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, this is about the slowest Thursday I've seen in a long time. I'm busy at work still but, but hey, they do give me coffee breaks....or shall I say beverage breaks????!!!!:D
I'm going to grab me a double BM, some nachos and head back to work.

gini
06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Uh, the bar is shaking here in California..................

The celing fan chains are swaying - no Mario stay down here!

A 5.3 - oh, let me tell you, they are sooooo special!

Would I like a drink? You have got to be kidding! Could you just bring it here under this table I am sitting under?

Thanks!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Been watching the earthquake coverage on Fox! Gosh, they say this is the 3rd one in the last several days. Everyone, keep safe!!!

Mario, here is a tray of drinks to take to Gini under the table. You are the perfect size to deliver them! :D

Cherry vanilla coke for me and 4 cat nip teas for the kids. :)

slick
06-16-2005, 04:40 PM
OK Gini, you'd better be kidding because you've got my heart racing here with worry. I've just tried to search the news and can't find anything about this. Are you referring to Tuesday's quake???

Please, please tell me it's a joke....

OMD, I just read MOFF's post.......Dear God, please keep everyone safe. This isn't funny anymore. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159826,00.html

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
They just said there have been 22 aftershocks already and it's just an hour after the quake. The quake was on or near the San Andres fault. This is the 3rd quake in the same area since Sunday.

There have been two rock slides. So far, no reports of injuries or damage! Thank you God!!
Everyone stay safe!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
06-16-2005, 05:56 PM
There is still not any further news other than the initial "no reports of injuries or damage". Stay safe everyone! Let's all crawl under that table and keep Gini company.

slick
06-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Let's all crawl under that table and keep Gini company.
Oh my, it's sure is crowded under here.........
AAAAHHHHH, Mario, get your hand off my toosh.....:eek: :D Wait a minute, Mario is over there.....:confused:

Killearn Kitties
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Oooh, Slick whose hand is that?! :eek: Think I'll finish off my drink quickly and leave you to it! Oggy should have that fish ready by now, maybe I'll just head on over the the barby ...

Corinna
06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry I 'm late I had my disabled fishing day today. 75 anglers and 80 fish caught . I smell like fish still as I was offical fish fillet cleaner. I'll try to get some pics up later. I got sun burned it was 80 today and I brought sun block but forgot to use it.
Sorry to hear about California and its rocking and rolling.
Have great vacations Richard and Slick.

gini
06-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I just love the media - I am peeking at the tv over there on the bar.

They are interviewing the scientists and what they try so hard to ask is: "WHEN will the next REALLY BIG ONE BE.....AND HOW REALLY BIGGGG IS IT GOING TO BE."

The answer is that no one really knows.

And the scientists try so hard to keep everyone calm and just tell them this is a reminder to be prepared........always - we live in earthquake country.

Flashlights
First Aid Kit
Water
Some kind of plan for your family
to keep in touch.

It's fun under this table - and whose hand is that anyway?

Oh, maybe it was just little Possum wagging her sweet tail!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2005, 07:50 PM
moff peeks under the table....

Goodness! Who would have thought you could get SO MANY people under one table? Plus a monkey and dog too! :D

slick
06-16-2005, 11:30 PM
**stands up and brushes off**
Whew....I'm glad that quake is overwith. Boy, that must have been scary for the people of Cali.

Oh hi MOFF. I still didn't figure out who's hand was on my toosh, but I'm not complaining. :D

So it's the end of a long day. I'm going to kick back and enjoy a nip of brandy before leaving for the night.

Hmmm, I haven't had dinner yet. I wonder if Oggy has the BBQ fired up yet???

RICHARD
06-16-2005, 11:42 PM
lolol,

It will take something bigger than a measly 4.9 (they downgraded it) temblor to scare me..

BS....I didn't feel it......I was in my truck at lunch.....but its a scary
thing anyway.......

Now that everyone's out from under the table.....who wants to play Jenga???

Psyche!!!!!:eek:

------------------------------

In the 87 quake I was under a desk, in the basement of a 10 story building.......

LOLOLOL,

Now I keep clean underwear at work and in my truck...

DONE?????

Everything is hunky dory over here.....

Thank you all for your thoughts concerns and worts......

There is one joke about Cah lee Fuh Nee Ah that is apropo at this moment...

"California is the only place where you can change your Zip/postal code from the Valley to Beverly Hills without ever leaving your home..."

I'm gonna have a straight shot of Te Kill ya and a few beers.....

I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down.....

Lady's Human
06-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Richard,

the quakes this week remind me of a buffet song...

"I was out in california where I hear they have it all.
They got riots, fires and mudslides, and sushi in the mall. water bars, brontosaurs, Chinese modern lust.
Shake and bake life with the quake, the secret's in the crust"

Mmmm, buffet...................I think I'll have a cheesburger and a Margarita

slick
06-17-2005, 12:05 AM
LH and Richard.....
Stop it....you've got me laughing so hard I'm about to pee my pants......:eek: :D :D

Seriously though, I'm glad everyone is OK. I was worried there for awhile.

Cheeseburger and a margarita along with a game of Jenga. I'm in, baby. I'm the champ!!! For years, I won over my nieces. Stack 'em up Richard!!

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I need booze and lots of it. I've had a somewhat disturbing turn of events at work and I definitly need a drink. A big one. No any colour will do, sounds good I'll take a jug.

Killearn Kitties
06-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Oh no! Hope things are OK with you too, trev. Do you need that jug because Monday isn't a holiday?

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Oh no! Hope things are OK with you too, trev. Do you need that jug because Monday isn't a holiday?

Actually, I have next week off, so in a sense Monday will be a holiday.:D

Come July 30, though, my company gets bought out, and I'm not getting offered a contract with the new people, so I might just be on a permanent holiday.:(

Killearn Kitties
06-17-2005, 04:25 AM
EDITED: I seem to always be a post behind here.

I'm really sorry to hear the situation. :( Keeping my fingers crossed that something else comes up for you before the end of July.

lbaker
06-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Again :( mostly Northern CA, how you guys doing Wolflady/Karen and Laura? ReddHead? Beachfront is all very nice but I rather like Gini's house right where it is, thank you very much. Richard, aren't you on the other side of the hills from Gini's? You and yours OK?

Corinna
06-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Trev so sorry to hear of your news. Will be praying for a new door to open for you.
Heard about another rattle in Cali this morning? every one Ok?
Heres a couple pics to make you all smile . First the facts. 85 disabilted anglers and 80 fish. nice 80 degree weather.(yes stupid me brought sunblock but NOO forgot to use it. Lobster city )

Corinna
06-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Most were in wheelchairs. Will have more in a day or 2 Clarissa is getting here s done and then I can post a whole thread.

Killearn Kitties
06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Sounds a great day Corinna. I'll bet everyone enjoyed themselves. Did you bring us any of those beautifully filleted fish for the barby? Give me a second while I pop my sunglasses on. They give me a bit of protection against your glowing skin!

lbaker
06-17-2005, 08:23 AM
WHOA NELLY! Now those are some fishies! We ain't talking guppies here! :eek: Yum, soak those filleted puppies in some milk, dip into some light cornmeal and eggy dip and fry - or - what say Trev, marinate a bit in some soy/ginger and grill? Try heavy duty aloe for the burn Corinna, works like a charm... :cool:

slick
06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
**yawn**
Good morning everyone. Woke up this morning to overcast skies, rain and a bit of wind (no Mario, not that kind of wind...:rolleyes: :D ). It's warm though so that means "humid". Yuck!

Trev, I'm so very sorry to hear the news about your work. So are the new buyers refusing to keep any of you....is all the staff going to be out on the street? That's pretty durn unfair. Can you talk to anyone about it?

Hi Karen. :)

Corinna, those pics bring back memories of my childhood. We'd go the lake in the summertime, catch our fill of lake trout, and haul them back to camp and cook and eat. MMMMMMM, delicious. Of course, our fishies were only a pound or two each. Please be careful when out in the sun. My family has had more than it's share of skin cancer although it hasn't hit me yet. Yes, aloe works like a charm.

Laurie, sis, good to see you posting today.:) :)

Well on with my day. It Friday, it's casual day and most people are off so should be an easy day for me. Hopefully get some time to catch up on Pet Talk.

It's funny but yesterday at work I printed off a stack of emails...all Help Desk stuff like "my printer is not working" etc. and as I completed each task I wrote DONE! at the bottom of the page. :) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
'morning everyone!

Oggy, sorry to hear about the job - that sucks - but you know what they say when one door closes another opens.... I know, easy for me to say. :(

Corinna, I remember you posting pics from this same outing last year! It always looks like everyone has so much fun! Is there a nice big fish fry afterwards? :D

All you Cali people, hope you're all safe and sound with little to no damage. Heard about the one this morning already and yes, Gini, Matt Lauer (sp?) just had to ask the inevitable is this leading up to "THE BIG ONE?" And of course the scientist had to reply that she didn't know - that nobody really knows and there's no way to tell when/if it will happen, but that earthquakes are just a part of life in California and to be prepared and basically - if you can't play with the big dogs, get off the porch! (meaning if you can't take earthquakes you should live somewhere else because it's just going to happen and there's nothing anyone can do about it.)

Supposed to be an absolutely Bee-u-tee-ful day here today, and all this weekend! Well, I'm just going to grab my coke for now and get to work. Got out of town friends coming in tonight so we're having a BBQ at a friends house so I want to leave work a little early.....

lbaker
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Job worries, earthquakes, sunburn... oh my. Mario come here for a sec, I have a joke for you....

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95-year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning." Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old
having sex would surely be asking for trouble.

"Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our
advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."

She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive if the ice cream truck hadn't come along."

Belly up to the bar folks - Mario and I are waiting to serve. :cool:

davidpizzica
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Laurie, do you have any slushies ready? I feel like celebrating the fact that I have the rest of today and the rest of the weekend off!! I can finally sleep in tomorrow I thought I saw a dirty diaper in the corner!(or try to!) BTW, is Mario behaving?

RedHedd
06-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Happy Friday to the Thursdays crowd. No shakin' here in the S.F. Bay Area. I did an awesome turkey/broccoli Thai green curry stir fry last night for dinner - it was so good I ate all of it! Some nights I just do that.

Just coffee for me this mornin' - I think I ate enuff last night to last all of today.

lbaker
06-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Strong coffee straight up for you RedHedd, glad to hear all is well. David, that Mario can sure be an imp sometimes but when someone needs a hug or a quiet little kiss he sure knows his stuff. What a little charmer. Can you peek under the pool table and see if Gini needs anything? One pitcher of slushies coming up! DONE!!

gini
06-17-2005, 11:31 AM
A good Friday morning to everyone. Checking in a bit late this morning.

Trev, not such good news for you, but I hope it is soon replaced with excellent news of either a new position, or you get to keep your old one. The Pet Talk prayers are something else - so we can all get busy for you.

My desk lamp has two pull chains - getting a little tired of seeing them swinging around - especially when no one touched the lamp.

Yesterday's earthquake felt like a "builder" - I kept waiting for it to get bigger and bigger - it just had that feel about it. Thank goodness it finally stopped.

I am happy it is Friday - and a pleasant weekend ahead.

I think I will just duck in for a quick coffee and go back to work.

slick
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh goody, Laurie is bartender. Could I please have a double BM with a slice of lemon and a skewer with a cherry tom and prawn??? Remind you of anything??? :D

Good morning Gini.....I hope you've all stopped shaking down there.

RedHedd.....LOL....I did the same thing last night. Although I didn't make it, I had a frozen tray of lasagna. Usually it will do me two meals, but since all I had was salad for lunch yesterday I was starving and ate the whole thing for dinner. Needless to say, my tummy is still full. I'm so bad.

David, have a restful weekend ahead.

Laurie....LOLOLOLOLOL......
What do you mean by ding and dong?? I don't get it!!!! ;) :( :eek: :D

lbaker
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Slick, I don't get it very often these days either :o :rolleyes: :p

slick
06-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Slick, I don't get it very often these days either :o :rolleyes: :p
**snort snort** ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D

gini
06-17-2005, 12:23 PM
IT'S DEPENDS TIME!!!:D :D :D

slick
06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
OMD MARIO.....quick, hand me over one of your diapers!!!!! No, not that one...it's used!!! :eek: :D :D

I'm sitting here on my office and burst out into fits of laughter....and the message in my horrorscope for today said "watch your temper." How can I get angry with you people hanging around? God, I love Pet Talk. :) :)

I suppose MOFF is clearing out a place for the new computer.

Debbie, enjoy your BBQ. It's just practice for what's to come. :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 02:05 PM
[SIZE=3]God, I love Pet Talk. :) :)

I was just thinking the same thing. :D

Ok, ok, you guys, back to serious stuff here, are we going to have red slushies today or green ones? Maybe if we combine the two we can have purple! Oooohhhh....how purty! :D

Actually color makes no difference, just bring 'em on! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-17-2005, 02:14 PM

I suppose MOFF is clearing out a place for the new computer.

:D :D Not exactly! I've been copying files off my e-mail that I want to keep. I've done lots of family history stuff and want to keep it.

I do still need to clean a spot out for this computer. The new one will go where this one is. Got to be near the telephone line.

I hope it comes today. If not, it won't be until Monday. In a way, it would be best for me if it didn't come until next week. So much to do so little time or energy to do it all.

I'm starved. Haven't eaten yet today. How about a big cheeze burger, fries and cherry vanilla coke to start. Oh, and 4 catnip teas.

Everyone in Calif. stop that rockin and rollin before someone gets hurt! Stay safe everyone.

Gini, you look so cute in Mario's diaper. ;) :D

davidpizzica
06-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I agree, Debbie! any color slushie will do. I can use a pitcher of slushies right now! Our paychecks are late today and we might not get them until tomorrow, due to a "clerical error"! I have about twenty cents in my pocket now.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Everyone in Calif. stop that rockin and rollin before someone gets hurt! Stay safe everyone.

This reminds me of the saying "If this state is rockin' don't bother knockin'!"

:D

slick
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
This reminds me of the saying "If this state is rockin' don't bother knockin'!" :D
Ah....isn't that sign supposed to be on the side of your new motorhowze??? :D :eek: OOps, did I say that????
*covers mouth*

Yes, please a pitcher of slushies will do fine thank you. Don't care about the colour.

MOFF, if I could, I would be on the next plane to help you out. Don't overdo it my friend.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-17-2005, 03:32 PM
*moff jumps up and down*

EEK!!!!! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!
YIPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

The UPS guy just brought it. Now I have this hugh box in the kitchen with cats all over it. They MUST check it out first. I'm going to leave it there for now but have to go take a peek!!!! :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh boy! MOFF's kittys got a new playhowze! :D

RICHARD
06-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human

Mmmm, buffet...................I think I'll have a cheesburger and a Margarita

Senor Buffet summed it all up very nicely...

A double cheese and a Margarita???

DONE!

Slick
Jenga cheese and a margie???

Done....

One thing...Mom Nature always wins Jenga.

Og,

Let's get ya some booze ASAP......
red and green slushies....done!!!

(We got some PT prayers for ya, too....)

KK.

Howdy,

And don't worry about being a post beind....you always have something to read!!

Drink???? DONE????

Hi LAURIEB...

hOW ARE YOU???

Corrina,

Here;s Mario with some Aloe for you!!!:D

T&P, sometimes I wish it was just BIG DOGS on he porch!!!!:D

Drink????

Done!!

David,

Twenty cents? Your money is no good in here.....

Drink's are on me....DONE!!!

MOFF.
CONGRATULATIONS....

Twasn't a quake....it was MOFF's happy dancing.
:D

Redd,
I missed your postl.......How's about a drink......Stirred not 'shaking'??????

DONE!

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Trev so sorry to hear of your news. Will be praying for a new door to open for you.
Heard about another rattle in Cali this morning? every one Ok?
Heres a couple pics to make you all smile . First the facts. 85 disabilted anglers and 80 fish. nice 80 degree weather.(yes stupid me brought sunblock but NOO forgot to use it. Lobster city )

Now that looked like a fun day.:D 80 fish!:eek: That quailfies for a topspot in my book. I love fishing, so if ever I get over there you have to take me to that spot.:D In fact we could all drive down in Debbies motorhome.:D

Thanks for the drinks Richard, they are hitting the spot.:)

(thanks everyone for the well wishes too;) )

One wonders if MOFF is in the throws of construction?:D

slick
06-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi Oggy, Hi Richard. Nice to see you guys checking in. We miss you during the day.

Well, the end of a long work week. So Oggy, what's for dinner tonight? I didn't take anything out so I'm game for anything. I'm pouring Guiness. Anyone up for one?? :)

Oggyflute
06-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Ooh I'll have a guiness thanks.:)

Dinner tonight is Roast Beef marinated in honey, soy, wholegrain mustard, cracked pepper, with a spicy mango glaze.;)

slick
06-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh my gosh, excuse me while I wipe up the drool on my keyboard. That does it.....I'm saving up for a trip to Auzzieland!!!

OK questions:
What cut of beef did you use? Was it one of the less expensive cuts that you marinate overnight then slowcook for hours??
Did you BBQ it??
Recipe please????
Did you make the spicy mango glaze? How??

:D :D You can tell I'm obsessed with good food....
Just had a thought....will I find it in Pamela's Kitchen??

Two guiness, DONE!

Oggyflute
06-18-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm not sure if I've posted this one slick. I didn't use an expensive cut and I just combined all the ingredients, and smothered the beef with it. The spicy mango glaze is basically some really good chutney mixed with a bit of olive oil. Just lay it over the top of the beef after you have put on the marinade. It can be BBQ'd, but requires constant attention, so sometimes I just put it in an oven bag, and place in oven on a low heat. It takes a lot longer, but the beef comes out moist and flavoursome and just melts in your mouth.:) A lot of the time I just look in the pantry and fridge to see what I have, and use what I find to flavour the meat.

Here's a recipie for using a cut of beef in an oven bag. I did this at a dinner party, and it went over real well.

Trev’s Bacon Wrapped Roast Beef

1 X roasting beef, (big slab of rump works great)
3 tb Dijon mustard
½ ts thyme leaves, dried
½ ts cracked pepper
6 sl bacon
1 med onion, sliced
1 x large oven bag

Directions:
1) Pre heat oven to a low heat
2) Cut slits in the top of the roast to allow bacon drippings to penetrate. (Cross hatch works well)
3) Spread mustard evenly over the entire roast
4) Sprinkle thyme leaves and cracked pepper over the top of the roast
5) Scatter some onion over roast
6) Wrap roast tightly with bacon slices (toothpicks or string will work)
7) Prepare oven bag
8) Place roast inside oven bag with the rest of the onion and place on oven dish and place in oven (2kg roast cook for 4hrs approx at about 150C depending on oven)
9) When roast is cooked remove from bag & set aside covering with foil
10) Use juices from the bag to make gravy

davidpizzica
06-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Oh, Trev! you re making me SO hungry. I could almost smell it as you describe it. I may have to give it a try!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Well, I'm ready!
This is the last post before I make the switcheroo!
Everyone keep your fingers crossed.
Hopefully, I'll be back on line later today and post then.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

davidpizzica
06-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Well, I'm ready!
This is the last post before I make the switcheroo!
Everyone keep your fingers crossed.
Hopefully, I'll be back on line later today and post then.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Connie, we'll be waiting for the first post from your new computer!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2005, 01:04 PM
:D :D :D
HERE I AM!!!!!

After a 3 hour phone call to my brother (he insists things be set up his way) and a splitting headache, I'm on line again!!!!
Since he bought it for me, I'll let him have his way for now. ;)

Still need to set the email up but that can wait. I can use my servers email site to send and receive.

What a difference this big monitor makes.

Windows xp is so different than Windows 98.

Drinks are on me. I'll start with a super duper cherry rootbeer!:D

Killearn Kitties
06-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Hiya MOFF! So glad you managed the switch! This beef is fantastic, Trev!!

gini
06-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Moff, isn't it great to have brothers that help you out with computers. I also have two nephews that have bailed me out from time to time as well.

Enjoy every minute of your new computer and monitor - you deserve it!!

Cherry Coke coming right up!

Trev - it is not nice to make us all drool like this!!

Oggyflute
06-19-2005, 12:36 AM
MOFF glad to see the "construction" went OK:D

Gini I've always said Hunger is the best sauce.:D

I'll just slip behind the bar, and grab a beer while I'm here.:D

RICHARD
06-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Og, you forgot step 11!!

eat and lick your chops!!!!

WOW,

What a treat...Beef In a Bag....

Being a single guy BIAB is usually a hamburger from the fast food place.Gourmet eating at it's best.:rolleyes:

CONGRATS MOFF......

SDCV Coke???

DONE!