PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just LOVE long days?

slleipnir
06-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Today I got up before 6AM and went into work. This group of 64 or so ate breakfast, we cleaned up and prepared for lunch and they came back. I'm just getting off now from that (well after 2) anyway, I have to be back for 5 till probably 12 or 1am. Now, I'm not use to doing long shifts lol!! I'm not complaining (even though I AM right now) cause I need the money hehehe. They're back in tomorrow too!

Do you have to do a lot of long shifts??

Lacey
06-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh gosh! I remember long shifts! When I was working at King of Pizza, come summer vacation time, guess who the manager called (day or night) whenever someone couldn't come in. The longest shift I pulled was from 10 am - 11 pm. Wooboy! Did my poor footsies ever feel like they were worn down to little nubs that night! Generally a double shift at that place would be from 11 am - 8 pm.

But at least double shifts are veeeeeery profitable if you can hit on both the lunch and supper rushes. And the people you meet waitressing... Fun, fun! I haven't worked at the restaurant in about two years now, but I still remember the faces of most of the regulars as well as (in some cases) what they ordered/how they liked their order.

Just take care not to work too much. The #1 sign that you might need a day off is when you start having nightmares about being at work and everything going wrong. :eek:

anna_66
06-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I work splits on Friday (that's both the lunch and the dinner shift). Luckily I get a small break like you do today.
Makes the day seem soooo long sometimes, but very profitable:D

slleipnir
06-14-2005, 08:52 PM
My mom works 10:30am - 2 or 3 am (with a 2 hour break) fridsays during the winter. NO idea how she does it

anna_66
06-14-2005, 11:40 PM
WOW! Now that is a long day:eek:

kuhio98
06-15-2005, 11:59 AM
On my job, I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. From 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. BUT, I only do that for 2 solid weeks and then I'm off work for 2 weeks. So, I guess you could say, I only work 6 months out of the year. But, yes some days those 12 hours seem like forever...........

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow, guys!! Those are Loonnnggg days for you!!

sandragonfly
06-15-2005, 05:42 PM
you probably would laugh..but I NEED loooong days! I just love to, can't have no plans. :)

but few months ago, I had three jobs and would go from one to another -- (two jobs on block days: 6am to 1am)
..unless I am forced to work somewhere I don't wanna to! :p

gemini9961
06-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I work 12 hour days (7pm-7am). Sometimes they run over during busier times. It sucks but it pays the bills. I'm going to be going to days (7am-7pm) soon and I can't wait. However, my schedule is 4 days on then 4 days off, next week is 3 on and 3 off. It all works out but 12 hours can be really long in the middle of the night.