PDA

View Full Version : Count the kitties in the washer

sasvermont
02-09-2002, 07:13 AM
I just had my laundry moved to the kitchen from the basement. I love the new arrangement but so do my cats. Each time I open the doors, in goes a cat. I know from now on I must count them before I hit the start button, to make sure they are both accounted for. I don't want to have a tragedy while doing laundry. Anyone else have this problem? Did you cats out grow it? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Former User
02-09-2002, 07:58 AM
Not really a problem, but Kitty would like to sleep in the machine if we would allow her, but we won't...
Dunno how to help you though, I guess you have to keep counting them!

Here's Kitty ready to be washed ;)
http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/.jpg

wayne0214
02-10-2002, 07:14 PM
It is for certain that should I have a washer in this little house (we have a communial laundrymat) that one if not more of my furkids would be in it. Last night I was missing Mackerella. Sometimes they stay out and sleep in the tool shed or on the roof. But this morning when I opened up my truck, guess who popped out? This is not the first time that I have had one of my cats shut up in the truck. She got in there when I was unloading groceries on Saturday, and I did not see her go in.

............wayne:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
02-11-2002, 04:49 AM
Furkids are sooooooo good at sneaking in when you'r not looking aren't they? Then you spend HOURS searching for them :D :D
D'you reckon it's a game they've made up? :eek:

Lynne

michelene
02-11-2002, 05:33 AM
Spot darts into the coat closet when he can. If I don't see him and flush him out, he will be stuck there for a while. A few times we didn't miss him until he began his loud mournful cry and the others pawed under the door.

The boys, especially Buster, love my closet, where I have racks for bedlinens and towels. Buster will nest in the towels and sleep for hours. When he does that, the facecloths and handtowels are on the floor, and all the towels are covered with white fur.

Buster has also hopped into the dryer, and Spot into the washing machine. Buster was looking for a private nest of warm laundry, and Spot was looking for the perfect place to hide from Tiger. Since Spot is a very large cat (15 pounds), it was not easy to get him out of the top-loading washer, even when he was ready to go.

Now when I see them eyeing one of these places, the word is, "Don't even think about it!"

C.C.'s Mom
02-11-2002, 06:24 AM
Thankfully they avoid the washingmachine front loader. But what's much more fun, is hiding behind it (where the dust bunnies hide as well) and come out when I have already closed the door to the laundry room, and sleep on the clean laundry that's always somewhere waiting for me to get carried upstairs.

Also a very nice place to sleep: heating room. I don't like the room at all. It's dark, full of spiders (I guess), warm and noisy. But Eddy loves being there and sleeps in one of the cupboard where daddy keeps some tools.

Mocha
02-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Pippo's fav hideout is the closet too. When we open it he jumps in and plays with any strings hanging from our clothes (e.g. drawstring pants) and stays in there for hours.. he can stay in there the whole day unless he gets hungry and meows for us to get out. The thing is, he's so quick that sometimes we can't see him go in and we end up spending hours looking for him only to find him in the closet! :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
02-12-2002, 07:20 PM
How cute!! That picture of Kitty is priceless!!! Too sweet! :)

thelmalu99
02-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Last Saturday, Elvis spent the night in the walk-in closet. I never let the kitties in there because it's really big (and messy:o ) and it's impossible to find them in there.
My roommate's sister came over, and we cooked, sipped wine and watched the Olympics. In the morning, my roomate was wondering where Elvis was, and we looked all over and couldn't find him. I thought to open my walk-in closet door, and out he came. He must have spent all night in there, because I only remember opening that closet once, and it was around 9pm. I felt so bad for him, but why does he have to sneak into the closets when I open the doors?? Silly kitty. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
02-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Our Boots, the Kat, nebber wuz the sharpest knife inna drawer... :rolleyes:

Summa the places he's misplaced himself inna Ranch house are...

* Clothes dryer; when he wuz jest a liddel kitten he snuck into the dryer while Dad wuz pullin part of a load out - took about three spins afore Dad hear'd the *thumpin and bumpin* an shut if off. Storrie goes the Kat came out like a :eek: rocket - but had a lotta trouble walkin a straight line for a while. He don't crawl in there no more!

* Bunkroom klozet; LUVS bein in there. Dad checks purdy close now - after Boots spent a hole DAY in there and used the pile a dirty clothes fer his poddy needs that day. Dad wuz a liddel :mad: next time he warshed his duds.

* Baffroom linen klozet; same deal - in all day and had mosta the towelz & stuff onna floor when we gotz back home.

* Kitchin cabinets; favorite hang-out while Dad's stackin his kanz inna food locker. Boots signals he wuntz *out* by crawlin up onna high shelf an knocking stacks of kanz down to the bottom!

**BEST DummmKat stunt = he wuz sleepin inna clubhouse (Dad's fallin wadder klozet inna baffroom). Dad turns the fallin wadder on an closes the door whilst he's takin off his cloth skinz. Openz the slider door an getz wun legfoot in when a verrie *WET* an verrie :mad: Kat exits by runnin up Dad's legbone, body, an headbone! Dad hadda lotta lil red leaky spotz on his skin partz.
Kat pouted :( fer three dayz after that wun!

But, that's our Boots! :D

AmberLee
02-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Cinder and Smoke -- what funny fur-babies you are! It's a treat to read your messages. Such word pictures!! Well done!! ROTFL, and I desperately needed a laugh tonight. :D :D

When I was digging through my filing cabinet looking for the "Who Owns the Zebra" puzzle this weekend, Cassy decided he needed to be filed. Not alphabetically or by his birthday, he needed to physically wallow in the cabinet. Somehow he threaded himself through the slot when the drawer was open and actually got (somehow) into the other drawers. Fortunately, although I couldn't figure out how to get him out, he managed it himself. :rolleyes:

Former User
02-13-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How cute!! That picture of Kitty is priceless!!! Too sweet! :)

Awww, thank you Kelly! Kitty likes you very much ;) ;) ;)

lynnestankard
02-13-2002, 02:41 AM
LMAO Phred - sooooo funny , thank you :D :D :D

Lynne

michelene
02-13-2002, 05:19 AM
Thank you, Phred, and Cinder and Smoke! Buster has pulled every cat stunt you described, except sleeping in the clubhouse! I could never tell it as well.

NoahsMommy
02-13-2002, 02:22 PM
Cinder & Smoke,

Love your story about the "dumm" cat!!! Too funny! :)

Niina,

Thanks, I am kind of partial to Kitty myself! :D

purrley
02-15-2002, 08:00 AM
:D :D loved the picture!!!! Fortunately I have a top loader washing machine, it's the dryer I need to be concerned about;)

yumyum6970
02-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Same with me purley :(

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-21-2002, 07:38 PM
If you dont want you kitty gettin in the washing machine maybe you could stick something in there that she dont like. So when she goes runnin to get in she will be turned off to go in there. If I stuck Tinky's carrier in my washer ( the one she goes to the vet in ) she would never go near it again.

TheAntiPam
02-21-2002, 10:38 PM
Then there is the disappear-into-the-refrigerator trick! I had a kitten that tried that twice. The first time, he was saved without the door actually closing. The second time, he spent at least 20 minutes in the cold. :eek:

I learned my lesson from those events - but he never did! :D :D

wayne0214
02-23-2002, 08:51 PM
We had a large storage house constructed with only one front door. At first, mama cat got caught in there for almost 1 -1/2 day before I saw her in the window crying to get out. Again, Motley Cat (rb) got herself in there and stayed almost a full 24 hour day before I got her out of there. Needless to say, now when any of us, and especially myself, opens the front door, no furkids venture in the place. ( I have been thinking about making an exit-only door for the building so my furkids can get out but cannot get in.):)

.............. wayne

AmberLee
03-26-2002, 12:21 AM
Hee, hee, hee...

Cassy loves exploring the dishwasher, too. It's a strain to keep him out of the washer when the dishes are clean, but I've managed, somehow. So far...

sasvermont
03-26-2002, 05:16 AM
What a wonderful photo! Thanks. It made my day!

My two kitties have finally stopped jumping into the washer/dryer but of course, they find other silly places to get in instead. Aren't they funny?

purrley
03-26-2002, 06:47 AM
What a cute, cute picture - thanks I needed that;)

Ila
03-27-2002, 07:42 AM
Misty always wants to go into rooms where the door has been shut. She has been left in them me not knowing she snuck in without me knowing. I here her whining and I know she has been shut in somewhere. Curiousty is one of Misty's ways she gets in a lot of trouble.
http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416

tatsxxx11
03-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Oh yes! We had a thread going a while back on just this topic. I can't find it now...BUT, my Oliver loves exploring ALL appliances: Refrigerator, dishwashers, and DRYERS! When I first adopted him, he actually DID spend several seconds on "fluff and dry!":eek: Thankfully, I was right in the room and he emerged unscathed. I still have nightmares about it, and NEVER close an appliance door without checking for Oliver!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraida/p7c267fbad52a5c618bd5e547eb33a628/fdd6e646.jpg

Former User
04-02-2002, 03:19 AM
Here's Casper's example:

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/.jpg

04-04-2002, 01:41 PM
:eek: :confused: no , Sydney has never considered that ; he often follows me to where the washer stands , but he prefers to jump in the basket with the freshly washed towels ...;) ;) ;)
Anyway , he would not even fit in the washer nor the dryer ; too fat !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: