PDA

View Full Version : help with gerbil

badfish
06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
there is probably no hope for my gerbil but oh well. i have a gerbil and its always been active. i got it last year and now its dying. it doesn't move eat or drink and it twitches from time to time any info would be helpful.

Raven
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
If your gerbil isn't eating or drinking, you should get a syringe (one without a needle, obviously) and feed him on your own. You can buy baby food and put some in a syringe and feed him. Do that with water too. When one of my hamsters was sick, I took him to the vet and they told me to do that. They also gave me some medicine for my hamster. If you haven't already, go to your vet and maybe they'll give you medicine for your gerbil. Also use the syringe.

badfish
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
i took her to the vet and he said my gerbil had a small chance of surviving and he was right because she died.

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 08:37 PM
oh I'm sorry, badfish.. :(

your poor little gerbil is up there in rainbow bridge, playing hard and as much as he wants to. :) maybe you can rescue another one to take care of too, especially for your recent dear gerbil.

EricLove
07-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.. What did the vet say was wrong ?.. I know a lot about rodents.. it's kind of our lives here.. Rodents carry myco.. and it's a deadly killer. If you catch them early it can be treated with baytril and a booster of furosemide. or other wise called laysics. I wish I would have know sooner.. I'm so very sorry.