PDA

View Full Version : Bow Lingual?

PJ's Mom
06-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Have any of you heard of this doggie translator?

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/83173/300.jpg

I found one online at Toys R Us and bought it for $15.00 last night. :D

I think it's a ridiculous thing, but I thought it might be fun to play around with.

For those who don't know what it is, Bow Lingula is a translator that helps you to understand what your dog is saying when he barks. There's a little box that you put on the collar that communicates with a handheld device. The small box tells you what your dogs barks mean. :)

Does anyone have one?

IRescue452
06-14-2005, 09:33 AM
$15. I've never seen one so cheap. No I don't have one but I've always wanted to put one to the test compared to what I know my dog is saying. How's it working?

Pawsitive Thinking
06-14-2005, 09:35 AM
haven't got one but Tobey is either saying "feed me" or "let's play".........

PJ's Mom
06-14-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't have it yet. I'm too lazy to go out to shop so I ordered it online. Should be here in a couple of days. :)

Ginger's Mom
06-14-2005, 09:38 AM
:D I have to tell you, when I was Christmas shopping this year I saw one a KayBee Toy Store for $9.99. I picked it up initially intending to give it to a dog-walking buddy, but ended up giving them something else. So I took it down to Florida with me and we tried it out on the three dogs. It was so funny. We didn't attach it to anyone's collar I just left it on the table. You have to set it for the type of dog you have. Well, every time Ginger barked it said she was frustrated. Then we set it for my sister's boxer/rottweiller mix. It was very funny with his answers. She was playing with him to make him bark, and it was giving really smart-aleck answers everytime he barked. Things like "Give me a break" and stuff like that. We were laughing so hard. Poor Elvis was getting himself in trouble with his mouth ;). Then I set it for her Cairn Terrier. He is a happy little guy, who almost never barks. So it took a while before we were able to get anything out of him. Finally someone went by outside and he barked, and it came up on the translator "Hey Baby." It was so funny. Unfortunately I haven't taken it out of the box since. I should try it on some neighborhood dogs.

bckrazy
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
:eek: I got it for X-mas for $100! It was from Sharper Image, it figures. It didn't work at all, just spewed out random answers... I guess it is kindof entertaining, I would've kept it if it only cost $15 ;) But I brought it back and exchanged it for an awesome Ping*Pong table

luvofallhorses
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I am going to have to get one! ;)

chocolatepuppy
06-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I've seen them, looks like they'd be fun! :D

wolf_Q
06-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I have one...I've tried it with all the dogs but I don't remember what they said I'll have to mess with it again.

wolfsoul
06-14-2005, 05:46 PM
I've always wanted one of those. :) Let us know if your's works when you get it.