PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed please!

cubby31682
06-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Last night I had to go in to the doctor, they had to test my blood sugar. The nurse tested my sugar, then my doctor walked in. I knew it was going to be bad news when I seen him. He said my blood sugar should be right around 130 something. It was 576, :eek: so they ran another test to see what it was. It was the same. He told me that I have had diabetes for a long while, and with the diet I am on it triggered the the reactions. I am now on medication to control it.

I seen my Dad struggle with diabetes my whole life. It has always been my worst fear to get it. Now that I have it I am scared, mad, sad, and a million other emotions all in one. I don't really know what to do. If I could get some prayers and good thoughts sent my way, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Katie :(

Karen
06-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Of cpurse! Prayers are coming your way, and we all pray that you'll be able to find a good way to live with it.

Lilith Cherry
06-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Katie I am diabetic too as are many others on this board. Your reaction to the news is perfectly normal, go on get angry , cry, feel bad and get it out of your system a little:mad: :eek: :mad:

After a while it will become routine to watch your sugar levels and you wont feel so upset about it all. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I will try and answer them for you. You also have lots of positive thoughts and well wishes coming to you from me.

commiserations and hugs, Lilith

P.s. if you have to stick your fingers to test your blood, do it at the sides and not on the tips; it hurts much less and heals faster. ( That was a tip I got from an 8 yr old when I first got sick:( made me realise how much luckier I was than she!

Randi
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear you have diabetes. :( I understand that you're sad, mad and scared, but after a while, you'll learn how to live with it. I hope you will get a lot of support from your famly and friends. As others have said, there a quite a few on this board who have diabetes, and I'm sure they can help you with advice. :)

I'm sending hugs and lots of positive thoughts to you. :)

sirrahbed
06-14-2005, 10:18 AM
oh (((((Katie))))):(
I am sorry that you have this news and especially something you have dreaded and watched your dad struggle with!! Your illness does not have to be like his though. You will learn to adapt and hopefully control with your diet, exersize and medication. Still I am sorry you are having to deal with it at all. You may not want to even think about that right now and it would ne normal.

I have read that quite a few PT folks are diabetic, so I hope you will use their support.

In the meantime, here are more ((((((HUGS))))) for you right now!!
Love, Debbie

aly
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
You have my every prayer because I know the struggle you are going through. I was diagnosed with type 1 at the age of 21 and it was truly life altering. You'll probably go through every emotion possible while you try to adjust. But it does get easier and better. You'll feel better emotionally if you can keep your sugars under control. It is emotionally and physically exhausting to have fluctuating sugars that go from high to low to high, etc.

I am assuming you have type 2? I have type 1 and am insulin dependent, but a lot of what we go through will be similar. Please feel free to contact me any time if you have any questions or just need to vent! I know there are numerous others here with the disease and I'm sure they'll offer their support as well.

petslover
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I am really sorry to hear that you have this. I know how it is to get diagnosed with something similar. When I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I went through all the emotions out there. I couldn't believe it was me they were telling this to. Now, I am taking medicine for it and I'm doing okay. I just tell myself that I am thankful for being able to wake up in the morning, to walk, to breathe, to see, and to enjoy life. You'll be fine. Just take care! and if you need to talk, feel free to PM me anytime.

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry that you have diabetes:( but at least you now know that you have it so you can hopefully control it with a special diet. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

luvofallhorses
06-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Katie,

I am so sorry :( I kind of know what it's like. My mom has diabetes and sometimes I think to myself, why her, why not me. I love my mom to pieces and I was in total shock when she got diagnosed in 2002. (I think it's type 2)
It made my world crash down and I couldn't get over the fact that she had it. I really do not like eating or buying candy , because it's not fair. Life isn't fair sometimes at all. You will certainly be in my prayers. ((((hugs)))))

cubby31682
06-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes I have type 2. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers. I will be calling my doctor in the morning. Everyone in my faimly says he gave me to high of a dose. He put me on 500mg's, which dropped my sugar very quickly. I feel okay today. I know I waited to long to eat dinner. My legs started feeling heavy so such. I made sure I ate a few extra carbs. I have a very small handful of chips. :) I hope tomorrow will be a better day..

Thanks again,
Katie

jenluckenbach
06-14-2005, 07:12 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am sorry that became diabetic. I can't even imagine the emotions I would have if it were me. But you know that it is treatable and you can get so much support right here from your friends.

Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

Soapets
06-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska........

carole
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I am sorry also to hear that you have diabetes, of course it will have come as a shock to you, and it will take you time to adapt, my father was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this year, of course he is elderly, and he has medication also,so far so good, naturally you will be feeling low being told this, and coming to PT was a good option, there are so many who can offer you good support and advice.

Take care sweetie.:)

Oggyflute
06-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you mate. As Carole said there are plenty of people on here that can help you from first hand experience.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-15-2005, 07:09 AM
(((((( HUGS!!!))))))

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
AWww...I'm sorry, honey. :(

At least you live in a good time, medically. There are so many advances and lots of research. Hopefully the medication will help you live a normal life.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Anita Cholaine
06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.....I hope you'll be ok, and you can control it!

(((((( HUGS))))))

slick
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I hope I'm not too late in offering up my prayers to you. Diabetes is manageable these days and with proper diet and exercise you will live a long and happy life.

cubby31682
06-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Thank you every one. I really appreciate the well wishes and prayers. I can honestly say they are working. Today is a little better than yesterday. :)

shais_mom
06-17-2005, 12:32 PM
eeek
prayers on the way for you Katie