PDA

View Full Version : Just a Sucker

Catsgarden
06-14-2005, 04:10 AM
arial Bold Small
Hi,
Everyday I look at the kitty of the day and go ohhh and awwwww. :D You see I am a dyed in the wool cat lover. There has never been a cat I didn't like. Since the age of 3 months I have been totally enraptured with them. My Dad brought one home and placed it in my crib next to me. My Mom thought he was nuts. Trust me he wasn't. Me and Kitty were best friends. As an adult, my measuring stick of people is if they like cats or not. If they don't....well let'a just say I am leary of them. You cat lovers understand what I mean.:rolleyes:
I have 5 beauties at this time. Big Harry, Milton, Tilt the Deaf, Georgine and Jazz. They came to me in various ways. Rescues, kids in the neighborhood, shelters and Hubby bring home 5 at once. YIKEs! :eek:
So, I just really want to thank all of you out there for sharing pictures and stories of your furbabies. Entertaining me every morning and loving your kitties.
Hugs to all,
Sandie

jenluckenbach
06-14-2005, 04:55 AM
WELCOME!! If you love cats, you will love pet talk. I should prepare you for 2 inevitable things that will happen, though......

1) You WILL become addicted!!! :D:D

and

2) You WILL adopt #6 (and possibly #7 or 8) ;)

Just ask how many of us have increased our numbers after seeing and reading all the pictures and stories. :o .....(LOL)

Personally, I have 15 cats. I also foster cats for a local no kill rescue.

Killearn Kitties
06-14-2005, 06:03 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I look forward to hearing more about your cats. I have three cats, a mother and two daughters.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p951c5330b83a09245415de9288292024/fbf9ca7e.jpg

trinity
06-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Hi there and welcome! Where abouts in Pgh are you located? I live in Monessen and work in Oakland. I have 5 furrbabies at this time: Bouncer, Zingo, Oatmeal, Scooter, and Hunter. Welcome!

kuhio98
06-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Welcome! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your babies. Count me as another who has been fascinated by cats since I was little. I too watch how cats react to people and how they react to cats to see what kind of person they are. Anyone who is mean to animals is no friend of mine!

Sonia59
06-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Welcome!

I am myself a recent pet talker, though I was looking at the COTD for months already. I love the PT, and ADDICTED is the absolutely exact word
:D :D :D !!!As a child I was more a dog person, but I felt in love with cats forever with my first tuxedo cat!! Now I have only one cat, but from what I read of the other members...I should have more soon ...oh-oh, I should tell my cat about this!! ;)

I enjoy very much seeing all the marvelous cat pictures, reading the good stories. It is great to hear about so many cat lovers and happy cats. Sure, you will also enjoy it!
:) :) :)

Lobodeb
06-14-2005, 02:42 PM
I too, am somewhat of a PT newbie. I really find comfort in PT because I feel as if I've found a place that I can relate to like minded animal lovers such as myself. The people I work with think I'm crazy because the walls of my office are wallpapered with cats and dogs, all of which are current or RB pets.

So far, everyone has been so generous with advice to random sitiations I've been having with my fur kids and the suggestions I've been given have made a world of difference in my home.

I could look at everyone's pictures all day and feel just as comfortable sharing mine as well.

Thanks PT. I feel as if I've made a bunch of friends!

catnapper
06-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Welcome to PEt Talk! You'll find this is a wodnerful pace where people share your enthusiasm for pets!

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Just ask how many of us have increased our numbers after seeing and reading all the pictures and stories. :o .....(LOL)
Truer words have never been said. I joined PT with two cats and a dog. Now I have 4... no wait, 5... no according ot hubby we have 6 cats and a dog. I lost track!

catmandu
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM
THE 13,SOON TO BE 14 FOUND CATS,ALL WELCOME YOU,TO PET ATLK,AND WE KNOW,THAT YOU ARE GOING,TO ENJOYIT HERE,ANDWE HOPE,TO SEE YOUR CATS,SOON.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SHEBA.jpg

slick
06-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Sandie! I'm Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick and I'm one of the more "mature" members of this board. I'm owned by two cats - Max the Persian who is 12 and Speckles the Tabby who is 18.

I think this is this one of the few sites where we can talk about our cat's pees, poos and pukes and not feel embarrassed about it. :D As the others have said, this is a very addictive site and before long, you will make lots of friends here. Again, welcome and I can hardly wait to see pictures of your furfamily. :)

NoahsMommy
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Welcome to PT, Sandie! :)

I'm Kelly and I share my life with the five cats you see in my signature. :) They are my little angels.

When I joined PT, I only had Noah...then, four years later, we had 9!! Sadly, one had to go to the RB and I'm recently seperated, so we split up our kitty crew.

There's something about PT that makes you add to your household. ;)

orangemm
06-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Ok, ok, I've been around here long enough that I better introduce myself and my cats.

I'm Renate and I live on the Eastern Shore of MD with my husband and 2 cats, Archy & Binky. This is the smallest amount of cats we've ever had; at one time we had 7 (all very well cared for and loved), but all have gone to the RB after long and happy lives.

We adopted our 2 from Animal Rescue. Had only planned to adopt ONE, but these 2 guys were together and supposedly are brothers, so I begged a little and presto, we adopted both of them.

Have been a cat lover for many many years. Love this site and reading and seeing everyone's babies...esp. Flutter and Willie!

As soon as I get a decent picture of my guys, I'll post it. Archy is a cute little tuxedo boy and Binky is an elegant gray.

Nice to meet you all!!!

RedHedd
06-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Welcome to PT! As others have mentioned this site IS addictive, but I see it's too late .... resistance is futile! You HAVE been assimilated! You are now one of us - an insane cat-loving purrson! (okay I'm assuming the insane part; I readily admit to being insane when it comes to my cate) Welcome aboard!

momcat
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey there, Sandie and welcome to Pet Talk!!! I'm Eileen aka momcat and I'm owned by four year old Groucho. He's a sweet little black and white that made me instantly fall in love the first time I saw his little 7 week old face. I can't begin to tell you how much I adore him! I've been coming to Pet Talk since March and have loved every moment. As you read through the posts, you'll laugh at some of the kitty antics and learn a whole lot of interesting things. Be prepared to cry sometimes and even get angry once in awhile. But please heed my warning..... you will DEFINITELY fall hopelessly in love when you see all the pictures! Be sure to try your hand at Hairball Bowling and let us know how you do with it. You will get addicted but you'll love it here, promise!

There are two knids of people with pets; those who own pets and those who are owned by their pets. I proudly put myself in the second group

carole
06-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Kia Ora (hello) and a very warm welcome to you Sandie, PT is a very special unique place, with wonderful people, who are always here to offer advice, share a laugh, and to give you love and support, so do drop by often and get to know us all , and we in return can get to know you and your lovely furbabies, pics are very popular here, so any chance of a pic of the crew would be much appreciated by all.

My two are in the bottom of my post, in what we call a siggy, which many kind people offer to do for you, you only have to ask, Ash the grey boy is nearly 11 and Lexie my Black beauty is coming up three, one adopted as a stray and the other from a no kill cat shelter.

I too am one of the more mature members here, and have been here for coming up three years, I love it, I share my life with my kitties , my hubby steve, two skin-kids Melissa nearly 13 and Scott 23.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.:)