PDA

View Full Version : I got some farm cats!

animal_rescue
06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Well actually kittens, I was riding at a horse clinic(for 4-h) and I decided to walk around and see the barn cats when I noticed that the kittens were in really bad shape(which is, sadly, usual for farm cats) after a lot of thought I decided to take the smallest of them all(I would have taken all the kittens but my mom didn't even know I was bringing these two home). There was like 20 kittens trying to nurse off one bigger momma kitten. It was really sad when I go back next week to ride again I might bring another set home... I'll post pics of my two whom, I've named CJ and Spunky, both boys, tomorrow.

kittycats_delight
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Is there any other people you know that could possibly foster some of these kittens? I think they all need to be taken out of there if they are to have a chance at a decent life. And the poor mamma cat too. Maybe there is a rescue group in your area that can help. Thanks for taking the 2 that were is most need of help. Now to get the others the help they need too.

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Please pray for these kittens!

catmandu
06-14-2005, 09:01 AM
THEY DO MAKE GREAT PETS,ASMY MICHAEL,AND WE BELEIVE,THAT PRINCESS WERE BOTH FARM CATS.WE THINK,THAT PRINCESS,WHO WAS FOUND IN A CULVERT,WAS ABABNDONED,BY A FARMER,AND THROWN OFF,THE FRM,BECAUSE SHE,WAS PREGNANT.

SHE WAS FEEDING 7 KITTENS,WHEN WE FOUND HER 13 YEARS AGO,THIS JULY,AND ALL THE KITTENS,ARE SENIORS NOW.PRINCESS IS 15,AS THIS WAS,NOT HER FIRST LITTER.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos951.jpg

I THINK,THAT THERES ANOTHER CAT,IN THE BASEMENT,I DO,I DO!!!!!!

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Bad news, CJ had to be put to sleep:(
He was dying when we took them to the vet, Spunky on the other hand got some antibiotics and should be doing good, he is about 5 weeks old!

kittycats_delight
06-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Have you found anyone that could help you rescue the other kittens and momma? If poor little CJ was soooo ill maybe some of the others are too and really need medical attention so that they can be given a fighting chance at life.

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Nope, I really don't have anyone to foster them and I'm going to have trouble with trying to find someone to watch Spunky when we leave for vaca next week. It's a fact that most if not all of the kittens/cats there have a decease. To the owners they are just farm cats, they can take care of themselves as the farmers put it. If decease runs through, it runs through and none of them will be taken to get put to sleep, they'll just die on there own.:(

edit: I think the people have about 40-50 barn cats that just run around.

cruisetime
06-14-2005, 10:43 AM
You are not in Texas are you? If you were close by I could watch him. My neighbor watches mine for me - actually her 16 year old daughter who is very responsible. They have two cats too and I watch theirs for them. Maybe a neighbor that has cats can help - I bet a lot of people are looking for an arrangement that if you watch mine I'll watch yours... :) :) Hope all is well and I'm sorry one had to be PTS but one was saved and I'm very glad you could do that. He is a very lucky kitty to have you! Debbie

aly
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
UGH, these kinds of things make me so mad. I can't believe people just let their cats reproduce like that. I would be sick to my stomach if I had to see that many cats being neglected, especially if they are so sick. What disease do they have? FIV? Those people REALLY need to think about at least neutering the males. I know they probably won't be willing, but would they let someone (like a feral rescue group) help TNR the males at least?

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
no, I live in Indiana.

QueenScoopalot
06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
It's very sad that these cats are being allowed to reproduce like that! :( :mad: Very unhealthy also not only for the numerous offspring born, and trying to nurse off one half dead sounding mother cat, but for the adults struggling to keep enough nourishment in them while all those kittens are being formed, and born. I really hope you can find someone willing to come TNR them before all are dead from diseases etc.

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, here's some pics of Spunky

animal_rescue
06-14-2005, 06:09 PM
and another one