PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Fans?????

RICHARD
06-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Pink Floyd.....

THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS,

Will reunite at the Live 8 concert in England on July 2...

I am fricking giddy with anticipation....

By the way, which one's Pink????

:cool: :eek: :D

jazzcat
06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay, call me a dork but I thought for sure this was going to be about Floyd the Barber on Andy Griffith.

About the real Floyd, I can think of several old high school friends who will be thrilled. Just another brick in the wall...

RICHARD
06-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Okay, call me a dork but I thought for sure this was going to be about Floyd the Barber on Andy Griffith.

Andy WHO???

;)

Floyd was our barber when we were growing up..:eek:

The Cat Factory
06-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I love Pink Floyd. They are my favorite band.:D:D I hope they make a new album :)

slick
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey, teacher......
Leave those kids alone!

Boy, do I remember......

Lady's Human
06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
So "The Final Cut" wasn't so final after all?

Oggyflute
06-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by slick
Hey, teacher......
Leave those kids alone!

Boy, do I remember......

"Wish you were here"...............Can't get better than that slick.:D

I saw them live when they toured Aus in the eighties. Floating pigs, exploding beds, a show to remember.:D

(The above actually happened and was not a result of substances accidently inhaled whilst at the concert :cool: :D )

smokey the elder
06-14-2005, 07:50 AM
I saw them at Milwaukee County Stadium (Momentary Lapse of Reason tour) and Yankee Stadium (Division Bell tour.) W:D W!!!

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Man, that's going to be incredible! I love Pink Floyd!

ramanth
06-14-2005, 08:34 AM
A friend was offered Pink Floyd tickets because they are supposedly coming to MI. But the friend is investigating if it's the real deal or just a tribute band.

Karen
06-14-2005, 09:09 AM
I had a college professor whose first name was Floyd. He had a hot pink sweater he wore occasionally, and would walk down the hall shouting "Pink Floyd! Pink Floyd!" (I went to Mass Art, in case you were wondering, such oddities being the norm there.)

Randi
06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
LOL! I thought you meant Floyd the chef - anyone knows him? He likes to cook with wine a lot. ;)

Oh yes, Pink Floyd!! The best band EVER!! Pure quality!! I've got all their LP's, back from "The piper at gates of dawn". I was in College in Jutland (quite a distance from CPH) in 72/73, and a few of us hitch hiked over just to see them in concert.

John has taken private photos of them here in Copenhagen back in 68, I think, unfortunately, that was before I met John - wish I could have been there!

I think my favourite album is "Dark side of the Moon", what's yours?

Killearn Kitties
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Floyd the chef was my first though too, Randi. Particularly in view of Richard's Nigellamania, I thought it had extended to all TV chefs!

Thanks so much for mentioning Dark side of the Moon. It's one of those songs that, whenever I hear it, it runs through my head for days and days and days and days ... :rolleyes: :D I can never remember all the words either, only about two lines, which is quite annoying. ;)

Randi
06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
I can never remember all the words either, only about two lines, which is quite annoying. ;)
As Bubble (AB FAB) would've said: It'll come to you, when you hear it. :D Go and put it on!

Pam
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Hubby and son are MAJOR Pink Floyd fans. I think my son learned to like them from hearing their music when he was in utero! LOL! Our whole family went to a PF concert when they were in Philly in 1994. They put on a pretty amazing show. Like Oggyflute said, pigs and smoke and you name it and also nothing inhaled by me although there was plenty of second hand funny smoke floating around! :p

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Someone buy me a ticket so I can go?? I would LOVE to be there! That would be so cool. I really envy the people that will be there.

The Cat Factory
06-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I think my favourite album is "Dark side of the Moon", what's yours?

Dark Side Of The Moon is tied with The Wall for my favorite. I love all of their albums though :) Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is another favorite :)

moosmom
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
My Dad's name was Floyd...Floyd David Ploss, Jr. I was his BIGGEST fan!!!

I love Pink Floyd. My daughter got me hooked on them. Are they going to televise the concert??

RICHARD
06-14-2005, 08:53 PM
lololol

You guys ROCK. I got goose bumps reading your posts!!!

I saw PF at Anaheim Stadium.....

The pink pig was part of the Animals tour....

It rained all morning we were able to sit on the grass of the baseball field (pitch) as the sun started to set there was was a beautiful rainbow that came out behind the stadium....serendiptity????

I saw them perform The Wall at the EL Lay Sports Arena in Feb of 80..that was one of about 15 shows they performed for the album at that time...nothing on the stage..except for some blocks that the roadies stacked into a giant wall that fell at the end of the show....

I saw Roger Waters on his last tour.

Grab a copy of the DVD "in the flesh-live"..

That will make you frigging giddy too!!!
:D

Two thumbs up!!!!!

Lady's Human
06-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I had tickets offered to me to go see floyd, but I went off to basic training instead.

RICHARD
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
I had tickets offered to me to go see floyd, but I went off to basic training instead.

I'm totally speechless and feel like a slacker....
:(

:eek:

:o

Vermontcat
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Pink Floyd, together again after all these years, cool!
Here's a link with more info on the Live 8 Concert.
Live 8 London (http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml)
It should be a really great concert, U2 will be there too.
U2 will play early in the show because they have to be in Vienna that night to perform a concert as part of their tour already in progress.
It seems the only way to get tickets is to text message in a lottery and you have to live in the UK.
It looks like it will be televised in the UK for sure and hopefully in the US too.

smokey the elder
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Live 8 will probably be televised so people can make pledges like Live Aid 20 years ago.

I saw Roger Waters do The Wall at the (former) Berlin Wall on TV in 1990. That was cool!

RICHARD
07-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Was THAT cool or what?

ABC televised them doing the song 'Money', with the appropriate bleep in the song where the dirty word goes......
Srange thing? They way they bleeped it....they used the part of the song from the studio version :confused:

I was a little taken bacj at the way Dave Gilmour looked...

I was expecting the long hair and a few pounds lighter...

Thank God I wasn't a musician......I'd be a wreck by now...

All in all, they sounded GREAT. And I would love to see them again tour one more time....

With or without the pink pig!!!!

:)

Killearn Kitties
07-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Did you only see "Money"? Not the rest of the set?

I enjoyed them, and I was impressed that they could still stand on their own. ;)

Vermontcat
07-03-2005, 05:17 PM
The TV coverage in the US was not the greatest.
MTV and VH1 mostly played clips and tons of commercials and they gave more screen time to the VJ's and fan interviews than to the actual bands on stage!
I'm glad that I live near Canada because CTV had better coverage and I could tape 3 of the 4 U2 songs because they ran them in order as it happened during their highlights show.
Pink Floyd also played Comfortably Numb and one or two other songs, I will have to check my tape.
I did notice that VH1 bleeped Madonna and Green Day saying the F-word but let the BS in "Money" slip by.
CTV didn't bleep any of the words!:p

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Pink Floyd is one of our favorite bands!! Both my hubby and I are born in 1956, so PF is part of my youth-heritage!!
My favorite albums? Dark side of the moon, The Wall, etc... ! That song "Money" brings back sweet memories: when I was 15, I had a music assignment at school. I had to dance on it together with my firend! We made the classroom very dark, and started with the ringing of our alarmclock! I get all emotional when I hear that song again!!

Vermontcat
07-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Here's a link where you can see videos of the Live 8 performances including the 4 songs by Pink Floyd.:)
Live 8 videos (http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/london_philly_toronto)

RICHARD
07-07-2005, 03:28 AM
What is it about music that makes you react in a way that you do not expect?

With music you can define a time in your life.

You feel, you go back to a time where you thought you were lost....it's a journey in 'time' (pun intended) that you'll never forget....

Hat's off to Roger Waters for putting aside 21 years of indifference...and Shame on you for wasting them...

Again, what a hoot......and I hope those four songs pave the way for another tour!!

VC, thanks for the link...:D