PDA

View Full Version : An (unwanted) raccoon in the house...

Paul
02-08-2002, 10:44 PM
   Here is a story (http://www.austin360.com/aas/metro/kelso/0202/020802.html) of one family's attempt to keep a raccoon out of their house. As told by John Kelso of The Austin American-Statesman. (No animals are harmed in this retelling of the story.)

Paul

zippy-kat
02-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Tooo funny!

I'm glad no animals (or humans) were hurt! lol

lbaker
02-09-2002, 02:34 PM
Don't know about racoons but a few months ago my at the time "roommate housepainter that didn't paint" called me at work yelling "Laurie, there's a duck in the house:eek:" I had to tell my co-workers "well, I have to leave now...there's a duck in my living room"... they didn't even blink. Just said "go" then he (roommate) says "well maybe it's a pigeon". Obviously not an animal person...anyway, I get home (on Metro, bus..et.al) and find a duck in my living room.
All my pets (dogs and cats) were kept outside whilst this was happening... Captured it carefully and took it to the park and released it just fine....but nobody I know could EVER come up with that excuse to leave work early and have it be true......what's a mother to do :o :eek: :D
laurie

zippy-kat
02-09-2002, 05:29 PM
A co-worker shared a story on one of his friends:

The lady went to take a shower, leaving her back door ajar to get a breeze through the house. When she returned from the shower, low and behold, there sat a SKUNK! She screamed, shich scared skunky...you can imagine the rest!

zippy-kat
02-09-2002, 05:34 PM
One time I went to get the mail...Tinker ran out the door--couldn't catch her so I let the gargage door up just a big enough for her to squeeze through and then and then opened the doors from the garage to the laundry room & kitchen. Went to the shower. Came back and there sat a BEAGLE PUPPY in the doorway of the kitchen/laundry room! Thank goodness he had tags!

aly
02-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Hey cool! That racoon story happened here where I live! :D

shais_mom
02-10-2002, 01:00 AM
That was too funny!

At our house at different times we have had:
Skunks under a back porch for 2 summers
the second year it was a whole family! 7 kits!
Then we had a critter underneath our house that had broken thru the screen. It took us weeks to figure out what it was. Then one day I was doing dishes and I looked out the window and thought "boy that is a weird looking dog, no that is a huge cat, wait, OMG!- DAD THERE IS A FOX IN THE DRIVEWAY!!!!"
I ran and got my camera b/c my dad was in the restroom and I knew that when he came out, it would be gone and he wouldn't believe me! Sure enough there was this mangy, sick fox heading for under our house. My dad, ahem, disposed of it the only way to put it out of its misery. It was definatley sick with something.

And here at my own house right before Christmas I just got home from work and was taking Keegan outside and here comes this HUGE chocolate lab bounding around my house. Scare the holy heck outa me. Keegan thought it was great - playtime-! There is NOONE anywhere near my neighborhood that has a chocolate labby. I am thinking what the heck am I gonna do I don't want it to get hit. Lightbulb. I will call the police dept, they do bat patrol (for some reason in this town if you have a bat instead of calling the humane soc, you call our local PD and they will come and get rid of it for you :rolleyes: like they don't have better things to do!) So I went in and called them, and they dispatched them to my neighborhood and I got him to come back to me, and gave hime some treats, food, and put a leash on him. No police. This time I was about froze, so I went back in and called them and the dispatcher said, "they are looking for it" I said well he's tied to my back porch that is probably why they can't find him!
So here they came!
We loaded him in the cruiser and no sooner did the officer get to the end of my ally then the Humane Soc came and loaded him up! I felt so bad, I sent him to doggie jail in a real police car!