PDA

View Full Version : PT'ers of the past...

popcornbird
06-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Do you ever sit down and try to remember the old PT'ers we are missing from this forum? Do you remember who they were?

For some reason, quite recently, I've been thinking about this a lot.....going back in time, and remembering the old PT'ers. So many of our wonderful old friends from PT no longer come to the site to 'visit' us. I sometimes think about them and realize how much I miss just seeing their posts. Because I can't seem to remember all of them (and feel bad about that), I thought we could have a thread in which everyone can post the missing PT'ers they remember. This is just to remember our old members, and hope that maybe one day, they'll return to the PT family.

Right now, I was remembering FloppsyLadySally, 2kitties, Miss Meow, Soledad, ZanZanFergie, and several others. I know there are more. I just can't remember, but I know I most definitely will if someone posts their user names. :p I want to know who I'm missing out on. We should get together and make a list of all the old PT'ers that have been missing for ages, and once we're done, maybe send them a message to let them know how much they're missed.

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I always wonder what happened to bnormal. :confused:

Freckles
06-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I noticed yesterday was Efrat's birthday. Once in a great while I see a post from Carrie and Mugsy.

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Oh, also lovemyshiba. When I first came on PT she posted ALL the time. I don't think she's been on for a couple of months now.

jennifert9
06-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Popcornbird, what a sweet idea! I too think of missing Pet Talkers often and wonder where they are or how they are doing...
Carrie, Mugsy, AdoreMyDogs,JackiesDaisy...I think some of these folks still post occasionally (although it's been a while since I've seen Mugsy actually....:()
Thelmalu99 and Augie and I still keep in touch by email.. Augie married Angel(they met here!! :D) and they have a little boy and another on the way. Sabies is MIA.... let's see who else...I remeber the dogs, but not always the people's names...Oh I remember ILoveMyHounds I think, that owns Hannah...? I may be wrong...
My memory is not what it used to be...I'll think of more I'm sure!

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
And 3greysandamutt too!

flamepony12
06-13-2005, 08:00 PM
I haven't seen Micki around in a while either... come back, you guys!

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Something made me thinkof lovemyshiba just a day or two ago...can't remember now what it was, but I do miss her and the kids!

I talked to Mugsy last week on the phone, although it was brief as she had another call come in. She is busy as ever saving as many lives as she can in Indiana!

Most the others I think have been mentioned. I think threegraysandamutt left shortly after I joined. I talked to her enough to findout she only lived a few miles from me, but she really hasn't been back much since.

Bnormal I believe told Karen he was leaving for health reasons, and that he would be back when things were better. I hope he has just gotten busy in life and that he is well. We did get to meet his Dobies at a PT meeting...what great puppers they are!!

I can't remember Bailey's User ID, but she had a cute little Yorkie and made it to a few PT meetings a few years back. What a little sweetie that puppy was!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-13-2005, 08:05 PM
There's also Emma (Dogz). Her birthday was yesterday, I believe. As far as I know she doesn't come here to post anymore.. I do talk to her outside of Pet Talk, though.

I've been thinking about Emily, too!

I miss lots of the old members. :(

carole
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Yes we have sure lost a few really wonderful people on PT,but gained some lovely new ones too, I did post about Miss Meow and she was online briefly, but yes she is sorely missed along with Ittybittykitty (Tamara) she has not been around for a very long time,come back you guys, where are all the Aussie's gone, long time passing.;)

Freckles
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
This thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5640&highlight=stealing) will bring up some old names (with a few current:) )

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
There's also Emma (Dogz). Her birthday was yesterday, I believe. As far as I know she doesn't come here to post anymore.. I do talk to her outside of Pet Talk, though.

That's who I was thinking of!

I also miss Liz (lizzielou742) who used to come here a LOT and we talked a lot too!:(

Freckles
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Angels3 (Marie) from Australia was another favorite.

Kfamr
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I wish a lot of our older members would come back. It's so sad to see so many people i've grown up with to leave us.

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
We did get to meet his Dobies at a PT meeting...what great puppers they are!!

I can't remember Bailey's User ID, but she had a cute little Yorkie and made it to a few PT meetings a few years back. What a little sweetie that puppy was!!!

I agree with both of these! :D

Baylee and Ringo were so sweet. Baylee was a very sweet young girl. Her name was puppygrrl4eva7.

I think about many of the ones mentioned but one I constantly think about is Sara and Carl, a.k.a. Rottie. I remember being in absolute love with the big Rottie boy, Carl. And her sister and her dogs too.

I also miss Angel, doggiemom, and although she didn't leave under the best circumstances, I constantly wonder how she's doing.

And Ellensy - with Beethover, Nestle, and Crunchy. She has posted this year, but only a few times and I miss seeing her around.

Ownerof3dogs - with Felice, Zeus, and Hercules... I still remember recieving a Christmas card from her with their fur in it.

And does anyone remember Daisy's Mom? And her sweet Basset Daisy?

Cookiebaker
06-13-2005, 09:05 PM
And Hanz & Fritz (sp??) They were the first dogs that I sent a gift swap basket to! I haven't seen them in a loooong time!

And probably one of the people I have missed the most is Cookie's Mom. She was a regular when I first came on here.

jennifert9
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Kay, you mentioned 2 of my old favs!!! Ownerof3dogs was one of the only people I have EVER seen with a dog that looked like Duncan!! I miss her too!!
And Angel, I don't know if you saw my post, but she is married to Augie now (do you remember him? RICHARD reminds me of him!! :D )
Either way, I have her husband's email address and I could put you in touch with her if you want...? PM me and I will contact him and he can let her know...I honestly don't remember the circumstances, was it something to do with giving up her dogs to move? Either way, it's water under the bridge now....
I feel like I am one of the "old" people and I'm glad that I am back. I wish I didn't miss those years...I do feel like I watched you grow up Kay. You and Audrey (slepnir) And let me say, you both have done a GREAT job of it!! :D I couldn't be more proud of the 2 of you! :D:D:D

cali
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
ine I keep thinking about, I cant remeber her username but she had a Toller named Rusty, posted pics of him growing up, then posteed on his first birthday and never posted again :(

luvofallhorses
06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Mandy1 and Micki76 is all I know of. Please do come back! :(

trayi52
06-13-2005, 10:32 PM
There is a lot of PTer's I have been missing, like amoore and mahayana. I wish all these missing Pter's would come back.

Willie

CathyBogart
06-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I really do miss FloppsyLadySally, I've thought about her a bunch of times since she left. :(

aly
06-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I was just thinking of Liz (lizzielou) the other day. I wonder where she is :(

Along with everyone you guys have named, I also really miss sammi. Her last post was in 2003. I hope she's okay.

And Daisy's Mom (Bridget I think her name was?).. Daisy was the pretty bassett girl.

popcornbird
06-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Does anyone remember a member who had the most darling golden...and a kitty? I remember someone posting pics of her golden and kitty cuddling all the time...maybe a year or two ago, and she suddenly disappeared. Her pup and cat's pics always made me melt with their cuteness. I think the golden sometimes wore a pink bow. Why I can't remember her pets' names or even her user name...I don't know...but I so clearly remember the pictures of her pets and remember adoring them whenever she posted. Anyone have any idea who I'm thinking of?

Of course sweet Emma (Dogz) and Micki are missing too, but because I see their posts on LJ, I still feel like they're around. I also miss ScantyNebula. BCBlondie hardly ever comes on PT too now, but I do keep in touch with her off-PT.

Wow...we really ARE missing a lot of wonderful old members. :( I too, wish they'd come back. PT isn't the same without them all.

cocker_luva
06-13-2005, 11:31 PM
what about jessica12345 who died afew years ago from bein hit by a car. i miss her and think about her alot. she was my age when she died.

aly
06-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Jessica didn't die. Unfortunately it was a hoax. Sorry you didn't find out before :( Email or PM me if you need to talk. She scammed a lot of people.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-14-2005, 01:02 AM
I miss SteffiN (and her gorgeous kitty Lovable). She just suddenly stopped posting, and I worry if something happened to her :(

Does anyone maybe have her address from a previous gift-swop, so I could write to her? I emailed her a while ago via the site but she didn't respond.

wolf_Q
06-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Does anyone remember a member who had the most darling golden...and a kitty? I remember someone posting pics of her golden and kitty cuddling all the time...maybe a year or two ago, and she suddenly disappeared. Her pup and cat's pics always made me melt with their cuteness. I think the golden sometimes wore a pink bow. Why I can't remember her pets' names or even her user name...I don't know...but I so clearly remember the pictures of her pets and remember adoring them whenever she posted. Anyone have any idea who I'm thinking of?

Yes I remember who you are talking about but the name escapes me too. I believe her golden was Dusty's girlfriend...;)

There's lots of PTers that have gone, I wish they would come back too. :( A couple others that come to mind....Cisco'smom (cute little chihuahua), Lovemymaltese (had a maltese named Tango I think), Pupper-lover (had dogs named Jake and Addie I think)

AmberLee
06-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow. I'd forgotten so many of the names. Daisy's Mom, MissMeow, and Efrat and .... ? I've forgotten her name -- she was a young woman in Italy and was caring for her ill parents? Dang, I wish I could remember her name. And the teenager from Indonesia who adored cats hasn't posted that I've seen in over a year. :(

And lately I've missed LynneStankard so much. I was glad to here she's back home safely, but with computer problems...

And I miss SpencerTheLion a lot, too. Another member that left in bad circumstances. He reminded me A LOT of my brother. *sigh*

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Are you guys talking about Trisha & Missy from Miami?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p7f5a223881f712a182e1fd017c785cfb/fd21ca93.jpg

wolf_Q
06-14-2005, 02:37 AM
Yep, Missy, that's the dog I was thinking of. Such a cutie.

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Jennifer,
You can give them my e-mail if you'd like. ;) NOW, don't go and make fun of Augie like that, he wasn't half as bad as Richard. ;) :p

Angel and I used to be really close and it upsets me that she never kept in contact with me. Oh well.. not much I could do about that, eh?

Bridget and I (Daisy's Mom) used to talk quite a bit too.

What about BoxerLover - she did come back for a few days but I haven't seen here again. (I don't remember her current name)

I miss Jackie, Don, Perry & Daisy. I tried keeping in contact with them but was banned from their MSN site for not being the age they desired. I do wish they'd come back here more often.

I also miss Becky, Rottie's sister.

And what happened to Dixie Belle?
Stenograsaurus?
Tanya & Fritz?
HeatherWallace?
I miss Stephanie (Sevens) - she posts but not as often as i'd like. ;)

Okay.. I could go on and on. Ugh. It's so sad. I wish some of our "old" members would come back.

Barbara
06-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Lizzielou, Twink with Barliman and Rizzo. I miss Lailamara whose kitty Maya was Tigris' first gf and who started the haiku thread.

I am glad Russian Blue comes at least from time to time:)

Vio and Juni (and Pichu) don't come often enough but I am glad I still ahve contact to them.

I am glad Neko1 is back- she would have been on my list.

I am sure there are others.

What was the nickname of Missy's owner and the name of the kitty?

Oh and I miss HayleyRosie and Scantynebula:( I'd love to see Toby and Lily pics.

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
What was the nickname of Missy's owner and the name of the kitty?

She was trisha0503... Her kittie's name was Toby. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p8584712b65239ffba89ce08418a36458/fcbcd937.jpg

Barbara
06-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks KayAnn- and thanks for getting the picture over- it was too cute how they play together:)

And now go to bed;):p

Cookiebaker
06-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Oh yes, Trisha! I REALLY miss her pictures of Toby & Missy! They were *soooo* cute together and always made me smile. I always sought out her threads!

Pam
06-14-2005, 06:18 AM
This has been a nice trip down Memory Lane. I too made some good friends here that seem to no longer be around. I am thinking also of lovemyshiba, Micki76 and many others. I was so happy to recently read that AdoremyDogs (Leslie) will be returning.

anna_66
06-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Are you guys talking about Trisha & Missy from Miami?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p7f5a223881f712a182e1fd017c785cfb/fd21ca93.jpg
*edit* didn't see you already posted that Kay;)
Her user name was trisha0503, and yep I really miss her too along with many of the others that have been mentioned here including:
Gio
sammi
casper & kitty
rottie

Logan
06-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Memory Lane is right!!! :) So many of the ones you have named would have been on my list, too. :(

I can tell you that Sammi is still around. When she posts, she posts at Jackie's site in MSN groups. She has had a lot of health problems, though, and I think a couple of weeks ago she said she had been in the hospital 5 different times already this year.

Augie and Angel post on a small Golden Retriever group that I am a member of and they are doing fine. Staci keeps in close touch with them, too, I think. Their little boy, AJ, turned 1 year old a couple of weeks ago and they have another baby due later this summer (another boy). They have 2 Golden Retrievers, Hooch and Bodie, and still have Lexie, as well. They are very busy trying to get their house ready for another addition to their family. They seem to be very, very happy, though. :)

Jackie and her family are fine, too, but she has one of the most active dog groups on MSN and I think it keeps her hopping. Their son, daughter in law and grandson have just moved into their home to help them with things (this had been planned for a long time), so they had a lot to do to get ready for that. 4 Schnauzers and 5 humans under one roof! :)

Tuxlvr(Wanda), ThelmaLu, Souraya (Doggiesarethebest), and so many others, I miss. Lord knows, if they were all still posting, I'd have 26,000 posts by now and never get any work done! :o

I want to say that I thoroughly enjoy the ones that have held on, here, and have joined us recently. :D

Logan (who isn't going anywhere, except to work right now!)

popcornbird
06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh yes, Trisha!!! That's exactly who I was thinking of.

Gosh...is there anyway to get all of these wonderful members back? I wish there was...:(

I was thinking of Stenograsaurus too. She hasn't been posting since she had her baby. That reminds me.......we need to get her back here somehow and ask for the baby's pics! She must have grown so much since we last saw her...probably around 9-10 months now!

Randi
06-14-2005, 11:20 AM
It's sad that we've lost so many good people on this Board. We had a lot of fun back then.

I miss C.C.'s mom, Bisicat, Sirocco, Spencer the Lion, Gio, Scanty Nebula and Miss Meow, just to mention a few.

Hope at least some of them will come back!

jackiesdaisy
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Kay Ann believe it or not I'm still around, lol. I do try to get in once in a while and read the posts, I have been so darn busy
with the Group and making so many changes in our life right now, getting old is not what it is cracked out to be, lol. Your welcome to come into the Group anytime I don't know if you are 18 or not now, but just let everyone assume you are, lol.
Daisy is her usual independent self, still won't come when called and def has a mind of her own, lol. Perry is doing well, he has much better manners than she does, lol, but that's Schnauzers for you. Perry and Daisy also have two Schnauzer cousins who are living with us Sunny and Rocky and we are trying to get Daisy to be friendly with Sunny, lol, lol.
I do get e.mails from Sammi or from her husband and she has been in and out of hospital due to breathing problems. We also hear from Chuck in the Group every now and then. I keep in touch with K-9Karen, Pam, Rachel, Sandra and Logan too. We have been friends for a long time. I do miss you all and some of the names you mentioned bring back such good memories.
Thanks for the note Pam, I didn't think anyone remembered who I was as it has been such a long time.
Nice to hear about all the old friends and I'm sure the new members love Pet Talk as much as us oldies do.
Jackie, Don, Daisy and Perry

BitsyNaceyDog
06-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I've thought about Mikki a lot lately.
Wofie doesn't post anymore either, but she does check in on occasion, in fact she did a week or two ago.

Also Heinz57 is another.
Pamela with gracie hasn't been on lately either.

smokey the elder
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
tuxlover and kohala have been AWOL for awhile.

wolflady
06-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Wow. I'd forgotten so many of the names. Daisy's Mom, MissMeow, and Efrat and .... ? I've forgotten her name -- she was a young woman in Italy and was caring for her ill parents? Dang, I wish I could remember her name. And the teenager from Indonesia who adored cats hasn't posted that I've seen in over a year. :(

And lately I've missed LynneStankard so much. I was glad to here she's back home safely, but with computer problems...

And I miss SpencerTheLion a lot, too. Another member that left in bad circumstances. He reminded me A LOT of my brother. *sigh*

I was just thinking about SpencerTheLion also. I always thought he was very insightful and he was always kind to me. I never really knew what happened with him on here, but it was a shame for him to leave. :(
I'm sad that some members like SpencerTheLion and Angel left for reasons unknown, but, like someone else said...it's water under the bridge now.

Tuxlvr(Wanda) is one person I thought of, and several others have been mentioned already. I've missed LynneStankard too...she always had something kind to say.

:)

Nice you see you posting again Pam and Jackie! ;)
**hugs**

aly
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
This thread really has brought back a lot of memories! I'm glad to know that some still keep in contact with sammi, but very sad to know she's been in the hospital. Can someone please send her my love?

Karen,

I'm going to PM you about SpencerTheLion and Angel.

Freckles
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
It's been a while since we heard from 3-greys-and-a-mutt, too!:)

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I find that Foam crosses my mind occassionally.

anna_66
06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi Jackie!
It's nice to see that you still come around a little, your very missed!

And thanks Logan for the update on sammi (although I'm sorry to hear she's been in and out of the hospital so much).

One person that's still around but we never get to see much of is captain...Oh Michelle...we could use some spotty pictures any day now;)

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi Jackie!

I applied to your community. Can't wait to be accepted and hopefully be able to see some new Schnauzer pics!

catnapper
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I miss CatDad and IttyBittyKitty. there are others, I just can;t think of their names right now!

bluekat
06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Its sad to see some of the older members gone :( I sometimes think of how they are..I wish they'd come back.

I haven't been around too much lately, just didn't have too much time to come on. I would never think of leaving PT though:p I'll try to post more often after school's over.

carole
06-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Kim I think Ittybittykitty Tamara, has left, I used to be on very friendly terms with her, we used to PM each other many times, she had alot going on in her life and what people did not know she suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome, we had a lot in common even though I was old enough to be her mother,I MISS her too,she was a very intelligent, sensible, likeable young woman,I just did not hear from her again.

slick
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
LynneStankard has not left Pet Talk. She spent quite a number of months in Chicago being with her daughter during the pregnancy and the birth of her grandchild. She is now back home but I think her computer is wonky and can no longer find the internet. :( Lynne, get that computer fixed and come on back....please???

jenluckenbach
06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
So many friends, lost. :(:( So many of these names I know and miss. I also think of L.Wayne (who was also known as wayne0214.)

I should have kept in better touch while I had the chance. :(

AmberLee
06-14-2005, 10:29 PM
{{{{Jackie}}}} It's wonderful to see you posting again.

Yes, Randi and ???, you're right, Gio is the lovely woman from Italy whose name I was blanking on. Thanks!

I'd forgotten L. Wayne. I hope things are okay for him. He was having a lot of trouble after his move to the midwest. :( :eek: :(

Great thread, Poppie! It's wonderful to get updates on old online buddies.

Barbara
06-15-2005, 04:39 AM
L.Wayne- yes I tried to think up his name but didn't manage. And Catdad too.

Getting old:(

I hope they all are well.

anna_66
06-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Here's a couple of people we don't see nearly enough of either..
pitc9
Sudilar

Miss you two very much.

shais_mom
06-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Emily - lovemyshiba is taking a break from PT - I keep in contact with her via email.
Di - and Megan -need our prayers right now....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81627

I had the pics of Angel and Augie's wedding up in my imagestation but I think I deleted them when I was spring cleaning it... I was a bridesmaid. :)

I miss IttyBittyKitty also as well as several others.

Miss Meow comes back once in awhile - I got a pm from her when my gpa died so she does check in...

Jennifert - Sabies just posted 6-14-05. :)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1156888#post1156888

Casper and Kitty left on bad terms as well as 4 Feline House - I don't think there is a chance in he77 of them wanting to come back.
I hope everyone else is well and just busy with Life.

:)

Logan
06-15-2005, 12:15 PM
One person I think of often is Rosemary (HayleyRosie). It has been ages since we heard from her. She was my "partner" in a gift swap, once, and I so wish I still had her address. Last I heard, which was over a year ago, she was pregnant, but PM's I have sent to her have gone unanswered. I wish I could get an update on Rosemary, Hayley, Mandy and the baby. :(

Logan

Kfamr
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Speaking of Mandy... We don't hear from Manda and Smokey, the Pittie that often. :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh, I haven't seen pitc9 around for a long time either!!:( I wonder how she, Sierra and Buddy are doing...

thelmalu99
06-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey folks! Be careful what you wish for! Some of us have a way of creeping back to say hello when you least expect it.

I was chatting with Jennifer T today, and she mentioned that some of you guys were reminiscing.

Hope everyone is doing well. Everything is fine with me. Kitties and turtles all well and bratty as ever. We have been riding out this HORRIBLE heat wave here in New York. I'm sick of feeling like I'm roasting every time I walk outside! Enough already! Is it September yet??

I'm leaving work now, but I'll swing by tomorrow for a chat, if the Bossman leaves me alone for five seconds. ;)

Be well, folks!

Love, Thelma, Elvis, JD, Yertle The Turtle and Timmy the Turtle

sandragonfly
06-15-2005, 05:10 PM
nodgeness..babolaypo65 and mugsy.. they were with me through my hard times in january 2003 when I was only on for a month! but they just never leave my mind..hope someday I'd hear from them again..they're so sweet. creepy to see their names sitting unalive on my buddylist :(

lynne, sabies and miss meow, suildar was around! at least!! and now jackiesdiasy & thelmalu.. (no, never remember one of your posts but as many as I have seen have missed you, am sure others are happy then I am!) ;)

welcome back and some need to come back too!

Logan
06-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Woo Hoo, Thelmalu!!!!! :D :D :D I'm glad to see you!!!!!! :)

Don't be a stranger, please!!!!!!!

Logan

Karen
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Thelmalu, think of you when I am having to be in NYC - was there the first weekend of June for the Book Expo, which was fun but exhausting. Too rushed to contact you ahead of the trip this time, but maybe someday ...

wolfsoul
06-15-2005, 10:32 PM
What happened to zanzanfergie too?

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-16-2005, 04:12 AM
I miss Jonza, and his great picture stories...:(

Randi
06-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Lut, so do I, more than anyone can imagine. :(

Isn't it amazing, members who had less than a thousand posts are some of the most missed here.

thelmalu99
06-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey Logan! How are things? I see you have expanded your fur family! I don't remember Zipper and Murphy.
I definitely DO remember Butter and all the stories about what a tough little guy he was. How is he now? Has he calmed down a bit? I know Elvis has calmed down considerably since I brought him home, what...four years ago. He used to be mean, and would bite and scratch me all the time. He still has some CATitude and it's definitely in his nature to be a little scrapper, but he's no longer on the defensive all the time. He's a much calmer cat in general. I hope little Butter has calmed down too. I remember you used to say your hands looked as if they had been through a meat grinder! :eek:

Karen, yes definitely drop me a line next time you're coming to town! I would love to meet up with you!

jennifert9
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Thelma, I am so glad that you posted! It feels like old times seeing your name around here!! :D

I was thinking of some other oldtimers the other day, Yorkster, Barbiro, Purrley...
I did miss a few years myself so maybe I missed them leaving...or did they just slip away like so many others? :(

moosmom
06-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Catnapper,

I was JUST thinking about CatDad when I read your post. I also miss IttyBittyKitty. I wonder how they're doing.

countrycowgirl
06-16-2005, 09:01 PM
oh wow I just started reading this thread and i

countrycowgirl
06-16-2005, 09:02 PM
oh wow I just started reading this thread and I too have been thinking about how much PT has changed since I joined!!!!...and all the old members that I long to come back!!!

Logan
06-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by thelmalu99
Hey Logan! How are things? I see you have expanded your fur family! I don't remember Zipper and Murphy.
I definitely DO remember Butter and all the stories about what a tough little guy he was. How is he now? Has he calmed down a bit? I know Elvis has calmed down considerably since I brought him home, what...four years ago. He used to be mean, and would bite and scratch me all the time. He still has some CATitude and it's definitely in his nature to be a little scrapper, but he's no longer on the defensive all the time. He's a much calmer cat in general. I hope little Butter has calmed down too. I remember you used to say your hands looked as if they had been through a meat grinder! :eek:

Karen, yes definitely drop me a line next time you're coming to town! I would love to meet up with you!

Hi Thelma!!!! :) Let me catch you up on me. I guess it has been a while since we caught up because Murphy and Zipper have been around for a while!!! :p

Murphy, our 15 year old Yellow Labrador, came with my husband. :) She is a darling girl. She is panting and pacing right now, as a matter of fact, waiting for me to give her some attention. And Zipper, bless his heart, is a rescue from our Golden Retriever Rescue. He was a stray that had been picked up by Animal Control in NC. Our group took him in and we agreed to foster him as they were in desperate need. Thelma, I could not let him leave. Thank goodness my husband and I were newlyweds, so he didn't say no! Ha Ha! Today, he would probably say no. :D Zipper is probably around 10 years old now. We have had him almost 2 years.

I'm sorry to report that Butter has NOT improved!!!! :o In fact, he got so bad at the vet's office last week that I ended up at the doctor. He tore me up.

Good grief. You missed our baby birds!!!!!!! Roger and Milly had 3 babies last summer. Amber, who is a member here, adopted the little boy Cockatiel, Bennie. Another "cyber" friend adopted the two little girls. :)

So glad you're back. Please don't be a stranger!

sandragonfly
06-16-2005, 09:59 PM
posted by logan
Hi Thelma!!!! :) Let me catch you up on me..............

I wasn't here during that time too! so that's a catch up for me too! :D enjoying to hear rescues, happy, sad with joy stories, etc, etc. :) *sighs*

I'm sorry about butter :( :( let us know in other thread, okay? (or did you?)

thank you for this idea, poppy!

thelmalu99
06-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Logan, good for you for taking Zipper in! He's a beauty, that's for sure! I love the birdies too, with their bright orange cheeks! :)

Oh, Butter! What are we going to do with him? Haha. I do understand, though, because I still have to towel Elvis in order to give his nails a clipping. He HATES it, but he loves to knead on me and his nails hurt like crazy, so I think of it as a compromise we have to make.

In fact, last summer he had a scratched cornea, so I had to endure several visits to the vet with him. Oh brother! The poor vet had to have two assistants come in to pin this cat down, and he was growling the entire time. I'm pretty sure I saw genuine fear in one of the assistant's eyes. It was pretty funny. This scrawny little 7 1/2 lb housecat scaring the bejeezus out of this 6 foot tall, football player looking dude.
That's my Elvis! Bah haha! ;)

AmberLee
06-18-2005, 03:00 PM
There was a member who lived in Alaska and posted really great and thoughtful posts, often on the cat side. It seems like there was 'Frost' as part of his screen name. Does anyone remember who I'm talking about?

Karen
06-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Frostfrog! He does still post occasionally, usually it's a Cat of the Day which inspires him to post!

Randi
06-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh yes, Amberlee, I remember him. His posts are so special. He usually posts on COTD. :) He posted this not so long ago:

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?postid=1127005#post1127005

BitsyNaceyDog
07-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Veegan and RubyMutt haven't posted in the longest time either.
I miss seeing Brock and Ruby. They are the sweetest.

aly
07-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Veegan and RubyMutt have been busy lately with moves and such. I think they are both doing good though. I'll tell RubyMutt to come check in. She was without internet access for a bit, but she is hooked up now!

BitsyNaceyDog
07-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by aly
Veegan and RubyMutt have been busy lately with moves and such. I think they are both doing good though. I'll tell RubyMutt to come check in. She was without internet access for a bit, but she is hooked up now!

Are they still roommates?
I hope she'll check in, I miss seeing pretty Ruby girl!

Lexi_Lover
07-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I haven't seen sammy101 on here for a while either. I just thought of her and beautiful Lucy and handsome Kodie. Sam, where are you? I want to see how much Lucy has grown! :p

Also, Orangutango hasn't checked in for while.

Kfamr
07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Are they still roommates?
I hope she'll check in, I miss seeing pretty Ruby girl!

Last I remember, I believe Ruby & Lindsey moved somewhere over to this coast? I don't remember exactly where... Kentucky pops in my mind for some reason?

Also.. I *know* Margaret has a new pitty addition who PT hasn't seen nearly enough of.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-04-2005, 11:11 PM
I've been thinking of Crystal (CattleDogMom) and Casey, too, lately.. we haven't heard from her in so long. :(

wolfsoul
07-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
I haven't seen sammy101 on here for a while either. I just thought of her and beautiful Lucy and handsome Kodie. Sam, where are you? I want to see how much Lucy has grown! :p

Also, Orangutango hasn't checked in for while.

Sammy101 is vacationing in BC right now, and Orangutango is staying with her grandma for a while. :)