PDA

View Full Version : Remember that motorcycle I was getting....

shutterbug0303
06-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, I went to the sales center on Saturday and looked at the Honda Rebel. I really liked it, but wow was it small in person! I was really surprised! When the salesman was helping us, he said, "Can I ask you a question? Why aren't you looking at a scooter?" And I was like..."Ummm...LAME!!!" hehehe! Little did I know I would fall in love! A scooter is just a motorcycle minus the shifting! It is like a midsized motorcycle with a 400cc engine! :D It is such an awesome bike!! It's a Yamaha Majesty....

http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/02/14/2005_Yamaha_Majesty-resized200.jpg
http://picnic.ciao.com/it/60743.jpg

Kind of like a sports bike (crotch-rocket) minus the bending over :D lol

Now - for the motorcycle people.....Am I lame???? lol I hope not, because I think it is going to be so much fun and easier to ride because of the automatic transmission, but then again, I feel like a fake rider! haha

dukedogsmom
06-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Motorcycles may not be for everyone but I don't like this. Sorry. If and when I do it, it'll be all or nothing. No compromises.

Fox-Gal
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
For a started, it's good, but what I'm afraid will happen is you will really get into it and then want a bigger bike. Find out, what the re-sale of these are like and if there is a big enough market for them, just in case later down the road you do decide you want to move up.

For a around town bike and just for fun, it's a good bike. If you feel the need for speed, though, this isn't going to be that bike.

I think you'll have fun, though, no matter what...........and just think of the gas $$ you'll save. :D

elizabethann
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Awesome scooter! My dream 2 wheeler is a Vespa. I'm so jealous you got a scooter!!!

Lucky you!!!

RICHARD
06-13-2005, 08:49 PM
cut your teeth on thiis and in a year or two you can move up to something bigger.....

Evel Knevel started out in a baby carriage...;)

shutterbug0303
06-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
cut your teeth on thiis and in a year or two you can move up to something bigger.....

Evel Knevel started out in a baby carriage...;)

LOL Thanks Richard! That is my plan....learn how to drive two wheels on the road - then move up to the big stuff! I'm thinking a Honda Goldwing :D

Libby - Thanks for the input! We checked resell on them and it looks great! So I shouldn't have a problem selling it when I'm ready - or giving it to my younger bro when he's ready to start trying something out like that.

Valerie - lol I thought that too! I was like - I wanted a motorcycle, I should get a MOTORCYCLE! But in the end I felt safer "learning" on this. I'm going to sign up for the MSF course locally so I can start practicing shifting gears, etc - then on to the real thing! :cool:

elizabethann - You should check out the Honda scooters! I don't know about the price difference between that and a Vespa, but I checked them out and they are really nice :) Not a bad price either ;)

Corinna
06-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Way to go get the wing . They are great we got an old one that we just restored. Now its on to a larger one for touring. He's a not quite finished restored 1975 the fisrt year they were made.

Corinna
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
oopps forgot pic

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Judy, I think it will be perfect for you! :) Take pictures of you with it!

anna_66
06-14-2005, 07:04 AM
I've had a couple of motorcycles before and loved them (of course;)) but I think this would be a ton of fun expecially if you are just learning!
I'm excited for you and can't wait to see some pictures!

RICHARD
06-15-2005, 11:15 PM
I forgot!!!

when you decide to get your bike go to a dealer and buy yourself a Clymer's Guide for your bike.

A "Clymer's" is a hand book/fix it guide for some basic and not so basic repairs and maintenence tips for your ride...

When you wash your bike look at the components, tires, wheels, cables and stuff.....everyday focus on one section and familiarize yourself with what the parts are and how they look and work.

I was totally lost when I got my first bike but, as time when on, I was able to change a tire, replace cables, oil, do basic tune ups.

And do NOT SAVE ON A HELMET.

A $125 dollar helmet is cheaper that surgery.

Good Luck again..

P.s. get a tattoo later on......;)

dukedogsmom
06-16-2005, 02:55 AM
And I've got the tatoos and no bike. Must fix that in a year or so.

shutterbug0303
06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks Richard! :D I'm off to buy the Clymer's Guide! Everything I read says "know your bike"....so even if it's a "fake bike" for now, I'm going to do this right. I'm still signing up for the MSF class too, so that will be a good way to learn about shifting, safety, etc.

As for the tatoo.......

:D I wonder where I should put it......... ;)