PDA

View Full Version : Too many!

gini
06-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Am I the only one that thinks we have too many things to remember?

Too many passwords?
Too many member id's?
Too many passcodes?
Too many pin numbers?

O.K., so you write it all down in a little notebook. But you aren't supposed to let anyone know that information........so you have to hide that little notebook.

Oh, where oh where did I put it?

I went to vote for Nala and I don't even recall my user id or my passcode................did I write it down?

Gotta find that notebook to remember.

slick
06-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Excluding my bank cards of course, I have only two passwords that I use and they are "complex" passwords. In other words, they contain a combination of upper and lower case letters, special characters and digits...(no not fingers..:rolleyes: :D ). As for my username, I always go for Slick first, but if that's taken then I use the first part of my email address.

moosmom
06-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I also have a very difficult time remembering passwords and screennames for various websites I belong to (i.e., ebay, photobucket, etc.). But, like Slick, I've kept it pretty simple (for ME anyways). My mind ain't as good as it used to be. It's hard enough trying to remember what I went into the kitchen for, let alone screennames and passwords!! :p:p

Fox-Gal
06-13-2005, 07:42 PM
I know I have to many, so many that I forgot the pin # to one of my cards. :eek: I had it written down in my husbands wallet, but it got washed by mistake, so now it's gone. :(

As for the notebook thing, I'll tell you what I do. I had a small address book and I wrote all numbered codes as a phone #, with a name that lets me know what it went to. If it was Bank of what ever, I'd put, Bob Banker, or something like that, add 3 # in front of it, so it looks like a full #. This only works though if your pass codes are #'s. Anything with a name and I'd screwed.

I figured this way is anyone did find it, they never figure it out and I was safe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by slick
Excluding my bank cards of course, I have only two passwords that I use and they are "complex" passwords.

Slick, your IT background is showing through. ;)

Logan
06-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Gini, I have the exact same problem!!!! I try to use the same password for everything, but some say anything is fine, others say it has to include at least one number, etc etc etc. It is Very difficult to keep up with! 4 phone lines that have voice mail, plus the ATM machine, plus online banking, plus passwords for sites I visit, PayPal, websites, etc. It's AWFUL!

Vette
06-13-2005, 09:23 PM
YES!

i even wrote down my passwords and stuff.. but i always ended up changing them.. and forgot to erase,, and write in my new ID or password. :o i still have that problem to this day.. :o

gini
06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone! I truly thought I was the only one.

Some sites even remind you to change your passcode - for example at least every month or so.

Good grief, I had just memorized the old one - and now you want me to change it?

I have to laugh because I recall my Grandparents who lived in a tiny town in upper state New York - having a phone number that was something like 1 - 2 - 3. That's it. But of course, it was a party line:D

slick
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Slick, your IT background is showing through. ;)
...and only another IT person would recognize that....:D :p