PDA

View Full Version : Jackson case verdict in 30 mins!!!

LorraineO
06-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Hmm,,,,,,,,, any thoughts before the verdict is read and comments after???

Frankly,, I think he did it,,, and sadly,, I dont think he realizes it was wrong!!!! but thats just my opinion.... he is a sad sad case!!!

Pam
06-13-2005, 03:20 PM
I can't tell you how many times I have learned of breaking news on Pet Talk! :p I just put on the TV. I too feel that he is guilty. The two boys (present and past) have presented very similar evidence and have never discussed it between themselves. Well I hope justice is served. OJ walked, Robert Blake walked and now........

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 03:29 PM
1 more minute!! I have MSN news up so I can see it....

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Aww....MSN lied...its to be read at 1:45 p.m.

Doh!! ;)

cocker_luva
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
what was the verdict?!

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Still waiting...anyone else know??

Yahoo and MSN don't have audio for some reason...or maybe its my work computer??

aly
06-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I think he's guilty of some freaky things. I just don't know what the verdict will be. I could see it going either way.

dukedogsmom
06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
I think he's guilty as sin. But, money talks and I think he'll get off just like O.J.
This is totally disgusting me. I knew he would be found not guilty. Idiot psycho won't have to do anything for his actions. I am totally pissed!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Not guilty on all counts so far...we're on 8 out of 11

Nice.... :rolleyes:

petslover
06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, I'm different. I don't think he did it. I know all opinions are different though.

Randi
06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I think he's a very sad case, and probably quilty - but I don't think he's an evil person, just very confused. The verdict is being read now - he's been found not quilty on all charges.

What a farce!! :rolleyes:

Pam
06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Not guilty. Hmmm..... Add another celebrity who got off.

petslover
06-13-2005, 04:22 PM
I think Michael Jackson is just a big kid at heart. I don't think he would hurt or do wrong to any child. I am happy to hear that he got not guilty.

aly
06-13-2005, 04:22 PM
I just hope he'll keep the children out of his bedroom now. Even after his last trial, he continued to let them sleep with him and openly admitted it. I also hope he'll get some help for his problems.

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
All I know is that he would be a VERY INTERESTING case study, psychologically. I don't think his intent is malicious...just not right.

anna_66
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm glad he was found not guilty. I think it was all for money.

PJ's Mom
06-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I'm glad he was found not guilty. I think it was all for money.

I agree. I'm even more glad it's over and I don't have to hear about it anymore. :D

sandragonfly
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
hum, I don't know.. I don't like talking about other people..

I'm glad for you or you.. :p

Lady's Human
06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
PJ, don't be surprised if we get........

Michael Jackson, the unauthorized bio

followed by

Michael jackson, the civil lawsuit......

etc, etc...

this one will never end.

The press makes too much money off cases like this, they won't let it die.

dukedogsmom
06-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I agree. It'll go on and on. I'm already sick to death of hearing about him, anyway. He's a nutcase. He'll probably make a book himself just so he can get more money.

Pam
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
PJ, don't be surprised if we get........

Michael Jackson, the unauthorized bio

followed by

Michael jackson, the civil lawsuit......

etc, etc...

this one will never end.

The press makes too much money off cases like this, they won't let it die.

I agree, and the next stupid parent that allows their son to sleep in the same bed with him should have their head examined. :rolleyes:

Pit Chick
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Both sides had very questionable track records and neither side had credible evidence. If I was the mother of the boy in the 1993 incident, I would have tried to have MJ locked under the jail for molesting my child, not except a settlement. If I was the mother of the child in this current incident, I wouldn't have allowed my child to share a bed with MJ. I just hope the right decision was made.

Logan
06-13-2005, 05:11 PM
A little while ago, before the verdict was announced, I said on another site that I hoped he would be found not guilty. I agree that he is guilty of some poor decision making, but I never thought he was guilty as he was charged. I think it was about "who" he was and the money and notoriety that could be achieved by "beating" him.

I don't think this is anything like the OJ Simpson trial. Even those "know it all" analysts said that OJ truly had a jury of his peers. Michael Jackson did not.

I'm just glad it is OVER!!!!!! :p

moosmom
06-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Not guilty on all counts! :( *sigh* That AGAIN just goes to prove, MONEY TALKS.

I thought they'd AT LEAST find him guilty of giving alcohol to minors. :mad:

Corinna
06-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I am glad its over I was tired of hearing about it. But I think hes guilty of some kind of funny business how else could the boy discribe in detail MJ's Male member with the inperfections(gee just like another high profile degenerate) . Sorry I really disagree with most of you. But thats ok as we are intitled to our opinions.

ILoveReptiles
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I know I'm a bit inbreiated, though I cannot help but be exhasparated. I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but...

I just finished watching the movie "The End Of Suburbia" and we have MUCH BIGGER ISSUES than Michael Jackson here.

We're talking about the END OF SUBURBIA as we KNOW it. All of these minor issues, like MJ and anything based in Hollywood is JUST A FRONT to hide the serious issues!

We're in a major oil crisis, and when we start going over the threshold of oil peak consumption, we're all totally screwed. I'm sorry if my language offends anyone, but we are TOTALLY SCREWED. We are talking the end of suburbia, the end of civilization as we know it. SOMETHING needs to be done. On a GRAND scale. People need to realize that we are RUNNING OUT of our natural resources.

We can't live like we have been living anymore. Something's got to give.

I don't know about you, but I'm scared to hell and back, and no amount of fogging up the truth with trivial issues should hide the facts from the general populus

Scooby4
06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I am truly on the fence with this one. I do believe he was guilty of giving alchohol to the minors. However, the definition of the crime the jury was stuck with may not have applied. The molestation charges I did have my doubts on and I will explain why.
Micheal had a stunted growth. He's never quite matured and never had to. So he is almost delusional on what his real age is. He knows the laws that applies to his age but not the behavior. I don't believe that he may have molested the kids more than actually wanting to be more like them. That may be what the jury saw as well. His trying to be like his "friends" and be accepted. Kind of like a Hell's Angel motorcycle groupie who doesn't own a motorcycle. He's got a moped instead.
What I would like to see is him finally recieve the psychological help he soooooo desparately needs. It is so obvious he needs it. His recent health attacks proves it as they may have been pyschosematic.
If Micheal Jackson would get help from an outside source not directly connected to his "camp". Then I could see me and his other former-fans returning.
Let us also remember that if this molestation charges were true but just not found guilty in the court system... then the people cheering for Jackson were extremely cruel to the family. The boy being as brave as he was to stand up and go through the system just got slapped in the face. This may hurt anymore children being brave to venture getting help. We may have just pushed the secret crime of molestation back farther in the closet.:(

christa
06-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles
I know I'm a bit inbreiated, though I cannot help but be exhasparated. I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but...

I just finished watching the movie "The End Of Suburbia" and we have MUCH BIGGER ISSUES than Michael Jackson here.

We're talking about the END OF SUBURBIA as we KNOW it. All of these minor issues, like MJ and anything based in Hollywood is JUST A FRONT to hide the serious issues!

We're in a major oil crisis, and when we start going over the threshold of oil peak consumption, we're all totally screwed. I'm sorry if my language offends anyone, but we are TOTALLY SCREWED. We are talking the end of suburbia, the end of civilization as we know it. SOMETHING needs to be done. On a GRAND scale. People need to realize that we are RUNNING OUT of our natural resources.

We can't live like we have been living anymore. Something's got to give.

I don't know about you, but I'm scared to hell and back, and no amount of fogging up the truth with trivial issues should hide the facts from the general populus

Wow . . . that is TOTALLY off the wall . . .

Don't think you're "hijack" is going to work on this one . . . :eek:

Now, back to MJ . . . I'm not surprised at all that he was found not guilty . . . another freak released into society. I just hope that these stupid parents take notice and maybe stop with the sleep overs. Of course by the looks of his "fans" today at the courthouse, he's still loved & IDOLIZED by many! Ugh . . . makes me wanna gag!

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I was in school when this came on. We turned on the TV in class, and every time they said "no guilty" you could hear the entire school start screaming and booing lol.

carole
06-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I have always been on the fence with this one myself, I have had too much doubt in my mind as to whether michael is guilty, I personally could not convict him either, obviously the Jury felt the same way.

It does not necessarily come down to having money and being a celebrity, although it appears that way, had he been found guilty there would have been those who said he did not have a fair trial because of who he is, and the same can be said here, he got off because of who he is, I just donot believe that myself.

There is too much conflicting evidence to convict the man, I am glad he has been proven innocent, even though in some people's mind he will always be guilty, like logan said so well, he is guilty of making some poor decisions and judgement.

Of course I would have to agree michael is eccentric, weird, whatever label you wish to put on him, and in his eyes he sees nothing wrong with what he has been doing.

I do hope Michael learns a big lesson from this trial and stops putting himself in vulnerable situations, so this never happens again.

I guess the only ones who really know the truth are Michael and the boys he was accused of molesting.

I am not a MJ fan or devotee, although I loved his music when I was younger and still enjoy some of it, I just believe he is a very confused young man with some rather weird and silly ideas.

moosmom
06-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Of course by the looks of his "fans" today at the courthouse, he's still loved & IDOLIZED by many! Ugh . . . makes me wanna gag!

Oh Christa, you crack me up!! Of course I also share your "reflex" (GAG reflex that is!!).

It's been decided and it's time to move on. I only hope that MJ will be watched VERY closely when he is around young boys. He may have been a tough nut to crack, but he's still a nutjob nonetheless!!!

One more thing...I know if it were me on trial and I was innocent of the charges, I'd want to get up on the stand and tell MY side of the story.

Hmmmmm...makes ya wonder, doesn't it??

RICHARD
06-13-2005, 08:56 PM
I got my pipe out and am ready to "smoke this" with anyone that wants to...

Not commenting of the guilt or innocence of either party.....just on the outcome of the trials....

Scotty Peterson is found guilty on circumstance----

MJ gets off and there is some pretty damning evidence and witnesses...

What's up with that????
:confused:

dukedogsmom
06-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Money and fame.

christa
06-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
One more thing...I know if it were me on trial and I was innocent of the charges, I'd want to get up on the stand and tell MY side of the story.

Hmmmmm...makes ya wonder, doesn't it??

Did you see him when he walked into the courthouse? He looked like he was on death's doorstep! I really think that he was expecting a guilty verdict! Seemed that way . . . they definitely didn't look confident going in today! :rolleyes:

Ah well . . .

ILoveReptiles
06-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by christa
Wow . . . that is TOTALLY off the wall . . .

Don't think you're "hijack" is going to work on this one . . . :eek:

Now, back to MJ . . . I'm not surprised at all that he was found not guilty . . . another freak released into society. I just hope that these stupid parents take notice and maybe stop with the sleep overs. Of course by the looks of his "fans" today at the courthouse, he's still loved & IDOLIZED by many! Ugh . . . makes me wanna gag!

(sigh)...

I guess people aren't ready to accept the truth... which is even worse.

Right back to MJ. Whatever.

(shrugs)

christa
06-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles
(sigh)...

I guess people aren't ready to accept the truth... which is even worse.

Right back to MJ. Whatever.

(shrugs)

Hey, I didn't mean to cut you down . . . If you want to *seriously* talk about the "oil crisis" maybe you should start a new thread.

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 09:31 PM
I've never thought he was a molester, I've just always thought he was different. Eccentric. Whatever you want to call it. But, again, just like with all of those other trials (OJ, Scott petersen, etc), I don't watch/listen/read to or about them. There's no way for me to know the truth, and, it would just be more drama for me to worry about it. My gut feeling is that he didn't molest any kids, but, I'm not judging him either way, because I don't know. I love his music, that's all I can say for sure.

lisalee
06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Glad he was found not guilty. I never believed this child or his family, they didn't sound credible at all to me. I hope Michael can get on with his life now.

ILoveReptiles
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey, I didn't mean to cut you down . . . If you want to *seriously* talk about the "oil crisis" maybe you should start a new thread.

Good idea. I'll start one asap. But for now I'm going to bed.

Oggyflute
06-14-2005, 02:12 AM
It's a crying shame that the wack jacko circus is deemed most newsworthy. I can understand to a certain extent the coverage in the states, but downunder my brother-in-law was going to go on morning TV, to tell people about a couple who are about to be deported, and are forced to leave their kids behind. They are being deported because our right wing government has deemed that they are in no danger from the Chinese government for being pro-democracy leaders in Hong Kong. Instead of us examining the humanitarian issues, and the concentration camps that the Australian Government keeps people in, we where bored stupid by the MJ circus for nearly two hours.
I'm with ILoveReptiles with this in that the tabloid press have way too much coverage on issues that on the whole could be covered a lot better and concisely than repeating two hours of drivel. Everything could have been reported within a half-hour, and the media could have got on to other important issues.

Is he guilty? A court has deemed him not to be so.

Sus
06-14-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm sorry to have to admit this - but MY first sentiment when I saw todays newspaper with the words "ACQITTAL!!!" all over the front page (yes, a danish newspaper!) - was one of joy! I felt like jumping and dancing and I felt quite ridiculously happy!!! Like:

Congratulations, Michael! Good for you!!!

In defence of myself I must say that

1) I have been a fan of MJ for years. I love his music and I have had some really great times with it, and

2) Anyone who has been subjected to the horrendous american media idea to make a public spectable of court room proceedings almost deserve to be acquitted in order to give the poor victim some sort of satisfaction

Putting people out for a public spectacle on TV is not only cruel and heartless (as if their predicament wasn't already great enough!) - it is downright medieval. We should all be more civilized than that!

I never believed that he would be - what's it called? - sentenced? And why? Simply because the story of his life is the very epitome of the "American Dream". Shutting MJ down would be like throwing mud into the very heart of every american.

Anyway, thats just what I think. Other than that I am with Logan and Scooby 4. I believe that MJ has suffered some psycological damage in is childhood, and I think he should get psycological help.

And last: I do NOT agree to administering alcohol to minors, nor do I agree to any kind of sexual abuse, whether it be to minors or grown ups.

Love,
Sus and Bella

Pam
06-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I got my pipe out and am ready to "smoke this" with anyone that wants to...

Not commenting of the guilt or innocence of either party.....just on the outcome of the trials....

Scotty Peterson is found guilty on circumstance----

MJ gets off and there is some pretty damning evidence and witnesses...

What's up with that????
:confused:

Could be that the jurors in celebrity cases have *stars in their eyes* Richard. All I do know is that I am glad it is over. *sigh*

PS: I believe that the boy's mother aided in his acquittal much like Mark Fuhrman did for OJ.

carole
06-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Yes well if you had been put through all the stress he has the last 14 weeks, I dare say one would look like on Death's Door, after all he is only human , regardless of what people may think of him.

I honestly cannot see how his wealth and fame could get him a Not Guilty verdict, unless he had a way of paying the jurors, and that would not have happened, I saw and heard the Jury speak, they are your average person on the street, a real mixture of age groups, etc, and they said they it was an easy decision, that in itself tells me the evidence was rubbish, and the woman was anything but credible, the fact MJ did not take the stand was a very good move on his lawyers part IMO, does not mean he was guilty just because he did not do so.

None of us were there in the court or heard the evidence, we have only know what the media tells us, and we all know how that can get mis-construed.

I think MJ has been to hell and back and I for one believe his innocence, I hope to he can now get on with his life, and I hope he has the sense NOT to put himself in these vunerable situations ever again, if not then he is really stupid and just asking for a repeat of all of this.

I think this horrible experience will indeed take a toll on him, one that may affect him forever, and I have empathy for him in that respect, imagine if you were innocent and had to go through all of this, yes I suppose some will say its his own fault because of his lifestyle and I would agree with that somewhat, but still it would indeed be an awful time for anyone in this position, famous or not., probably more so if you are famous.

Yes Trev we got heaps of coverage here too, a little suprising, but then as they said MJ is more popular internationally than in the US it would seem.

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
It's a crying shame that the wack jacko circus is deemed most newsworthy.

I agree. I stated earlier that I don't watch any of that stuff. Literally, if I turn the tv on, and, that's what I see, I change the channel. If it's on every channel, the tv gets turned off. I knew what he was charged with, and, I knew what my initial feelings were. The media is just crap a lot of the time. But, ya know, it's what the majority seems to want to watch. Sad.

Corinna
06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
I have only one question for you all . Why is he only seen with young boy children if he is so for "the children" where are the girls? The only girls he has areound are his bIo girls . Please explain this to me if hes so great for kids!

Pit Chick
06-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Scooby4
I do believe he was guilty of giving alchohol to the minors.

I kinda have to question this too. When the accusations were first made public, they said he gave the boy alchohol AND sleeping pills. Then it became just alchohol. What happened to the sleeping pill story?
I don't know how innocent MJ is, but that boy and his family aren't innocent either and Tom Sneddon saw a perfect money making opportunity after the British documentary came out.

aly
06-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I think both sides are guilty.

I know the mother of the boy isn't credible and the boy has caused his own fair share of problems as well. But its not like this was the only incident. There were so many boys who had stories. He didn't molest them all of course, but what about the child (male) porn he showed them? They found that in his house as evidence, and many boys described it. There were also fingerprints so that is undeniable evidence. Not evidence of molestation, but evidence that he did show them that kind of stuff. What in the world did he do that for?????? I know the whole case might be filled with circumstantial evidence, but I think that there is just SO much of it, that all put together it does make somewhat of a case. I thought they had definately proven the alcohol claims. Seemed like there was really good evidence for that. Even if he didn't molest the children, he was doing some VERY WRONG stuff!!!!

I know that my children would never be allowed to sleep in his, or ANY other adult's, bed ... thats for sure. I do partially blame the dumb parents for leaving their children to his care.

Just my opinions...

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I really think he has the mentality of a very young person. He doesn't seem to be comfortable around adults, and, hangs out with kids because that's who he feels he relates to. Young boys try alcohol, young boys look at dirty pictures. I don't know, that's just the impression I've always had about Michael Jackson. It doesn't make it right, of course, but, I don't think he does any of that with bad intentions. I don't know if I'm explaining my feelings well, but, it's just like he feels that he is more their peer than their elder.

aly
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I see what you're saying Kari. It does make sense to me the way you explained it. He just REALLY needs to get help for that ASAP!

Pam
06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought it was mentioned that he had a variety of child pornography laying around. I thought it was against the law to even possess that stuff. Am I wrong?

caseysmom
06-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I think there was adult pornography. There was a coffee table book called "boys" or something like that, it isn't considered pornography. (although maybe it should be)

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by aly
I see what you're saying Kari. It does make sense to me the way you explained it. He just REALLY needs to get help for that ASAP!

That's the only thing I'm sure of, regardless of what is going on. Either way, he needs to get some counseling.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Sus

Putting people out for a public spectacle on TV is not only cruel and heartless (as if their predicament wasn't already great enough!) - it is downright medieval. We should all be more civilized than that!

I never believed that he would be - what's it called? - sentenced? And why? Simply because the story of his life is the very epitome of the "American Dream". Shutting MJ down would be like throwing mud into the very heart of every american.
I am just glad the entire circus is over. If we could only get the media to realize that. How many weeks will they discus what should/shouldn't have been done. They over kill every thing.

If he had been sentenced it wouldn't have bothered me one way or the other. This is one American who does not equate the American Dream with MJ. His life seems more like the American Nightmare to me.

At the very least, I hope this fightens him so much he gets the help he needs. Lots of people have rotten childhoods and bad things happen to them. They don't go all wacko!

mruffruff
06-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Jay Leno wondered what Martha Stewart thinks of the verdict.

OJ charged with murder & goes free.
Robert Blake charged with manslaughter and goes free.
Martha Stewart makes a phone call to her broker and serves time.

Hmmmmmm.

carole
06-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I heard on the news today, that MJ will no longer be having young boys in his bed, at least he has finally got the common sense to realise how stupid this was of him and completely not normal, I am pleased at least he has seen the errors of his ways , let us hope he makes some serious lifestyle changes because I think we are all in agreement he certainly needs to.

Whether MJ is guilty of child molestation some time in his life, apparently he was not this time around, I feel the jury made the right choice, but I still have my doubts as to whether MJ is completely innocent

From the evidence it does appear he plyed the children with as he put it Jesus Juice, alcohol, if that was the case he should have been found guilty on those charges at least.

I probably sound like I am contradicting my last post, but I feel if he was innocent that it would have been terrible to see him serve time in jail for it, and it is obvious the mother was not a credible witness, and from my way of thinking was purely a gold digger, not a loving, caring and nuturing mother.

Vette
06-15-2005, 05:30 AM
I dont understand why in gods name any parent would let their kids sleep with anyone is beyoned me. espically when someone is questiond about getting jiggy with children before.

i woudlnt want my house plant to stay over night at that place.. let alone my own kid if i had one.

but anyway my entire family knew he would walk,, AGAIN...

Cataholic
06-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by carole

I honestly cannot see how his wealth and fame could get him a Not Guilty verdict, unless he had a way of paying the jurors, and that would not have happened, I saw and heard the Jury speak, they are your average person on the street, a real mixture of age groups, etc, and they said they it was an easy decision, that in itself tells me the evidence was rubbish, and the woman was anything but credible, the fact MJ did not take the stand was a very good move on his lawyers part IMO, does not mean he was guilty just because he did not do so.

None of us were there in the court or heard the evidence, we have only know what the media tells us, and we all know how that can get mis-construed.

Carole, it was as if I wrote your post! Those are my thoughts, exactly.

I said it before, and I will say it again. It is totally insulting to those jurors, who heard every ounce of evidence, to say "well, he should have been found guilty....". They were there, we were not. They did their job. We play Monday Night Quarterback.

It is RARE, in a criminal case, for the defendant to take the stand. RARE. Not unheard of, obviously, but RARE. The jurors would have been instructed heavily that nothing can be drawn from MJ not taking the stand. It is a basic, and essential, Constitutional right of ours not to be called to testify against oneself.

If the prosecution (whom, btw, had been gunning for MJ for YEARS) didn't sustain the burden of proof, MJ can't be found guilty. If you want to blame someone, blame the prosecution, not the jurors.

RICHARD
06-15-2005, 09:37 AM

The MJ trial had a pertroleum related link.....

The "vaseline" that the prosecutor was crowing about.

Logan
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I thought it was mentioned that he had a variety of child pornography laying around. I thought it was against the law to even possess that stuff. Am I wrong?

Pam, I must admit that I did not follow this trial closely, but I never heard anything about child pornography. I did hear that they had adult pornography (I'm assuming it was magazines like Playboy, etc...but I don't know for sure) as "evidence" from his home. I think if it were child pornography, the trial would have been much different.

Logan

Sus
06-15-2005, 04:39 PM
...I did a little research on my own just now - on the profiles of all of us who has replied to this thread. Hope you don't mind! I guess it's alright to "pry" if info on the year of birth is stated! I was wondering whether there would be a difference between generations on the view on MJ...? I was wondering if it would make any difference if you had actually watched MJ on TV at the time when he was just a cute little kid with a lot of spunk and a great voice already at the age of 5?

Well, I couldn't make out any difference - but still,on a larger scale it may mean something, I think. I know it probably meant a lot to me. I didn't want him to be guilty. It would have saddened me so. I wanted - and still want that little boy to be alright. I guess you could say that I really wanted to believe that this little black kid would make it even if he came out of moderate circumstances. I guess you could say that I needed to believe in the "american dream" - that this could be possible.
It would have been so great!

Anyway, I too sincerely hope, that he has learned from this. It's great if he states that he shall no longer let boys sleep in his bed. To me, that just doesn't cut it - I think that he should see to it that he is never alone with a boy again. Visits should be supervised in some way.

I hope he hasn't lost his marbles completely over this whole affair. But just in case.... I went and bought all the albums I could lay my hands on this afternoon. I got them at a very much reduced price... hm! I wonder why...!!

Love,
Sus and Bella

carole
06-15-2005, 05:20 PM
The only way MJ's wealth came into it, was the fact he could afford good investigators, and lawyer's, if the same case had been by a public defender it is a possibility the outcome could have been different, other than that he was not given any special treatment that I can see.

If MJ makes some serious lifestyle changes, then that is a positive thing that has come out of all of this, I don't see he should have to have supervised visits only by children, as he has not been convicted of child molestation, that would be highly unfair to him.

I cannot come out and say MJ is innocent, maybe he is guilty of something, but what I am not sure of,maybe he is just a confused man who lives in a fantasy world, after all he thinks he is Peter Pan doesn't he?

I just feel some sadness at it all, that MJ has turned out to be thought of as some kinda freak, and that maybe his only crime is that he cared and loved too much, and made himself vunerable, it is a thought that crosses my mind from time to time.

MJ's music played a significant part in my teen life, I have many a record or LP as they were called in my day,they have seen better days, but got lots of use at many parties I attended, Bad and thriller being two of my favourite, but I never became a real fan, so I don't believe my opinions on the matter have been influenced because I once enjoyed his music, and still do .:)

christa
06-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
The MJ trial had a pertroleum related link.....

The "vaseline" that the prosecutor was crowing about.

LOL, Richard!!! :D

OK, now back to it . . . *ugh* . . . *gag* . . . *yuck* . . .

:eek:

lvpets2002
06-16-2005, 10:53 AM
:mad: I think he did all the things he is accused of & yes I think it is :( that he thinks he has done no wrong. We all knew he would not be conficted & cause of OJ case & ect., plus the way they had already made coments of the smerk remarks the Jury panel had made. We all know if he had been conficted then there would be hit list on the jury panel. But you know with all the surgery to his face has made him look like a Freak Show & he does have to live with that everytime he looks in the mirrow.

lvpets2002
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
:) Christa I just Love you thread with the Catster pages of your babies. They are all just Breathtaken.

beeniesmom
06-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I didn't think he did it...

finn's mom
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by lvpets2002
We all knew he would not be conficted & cause of OJ case & ect., We all know if he had been conficted then there would be hit list on the jury panel.

Don't take this the wrong way, but, I don't think you should say "we all know." There's a lot of people already on this thread that have stated the opposite of your feelings. I respect your opinion, but, just not the generalization you're using to express it. Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't, my mind is going in a million different directions right now....

carole
06-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I have to agree entirely with your post Finn's mom, the fact is we don't all know anything really, we are not MJ or his alleged victims, we were not in the court or on the jury, simple as that, to assume there would be a hit list on the Jury is just media hype and certainly not the truth IMO, and I don't believe that for one single moment.

:(

carole
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
In with keeping this thread not too serious, I got this pic of MJ in my email today, apparently his latest plastic surgery went a little wrong, but seriously there is rumour MJ is looking for somewhere new to live , heading down under to Tasmania.