PDA

View Full Version : Simba's Vet Visit :(

Kfamr
06-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Simba had his yearly today, and he didn't like it at all. This big bad macho boy turns unto a real wuss when we go to the vets. He came when DR. Matthews told him to, but not happily.

UGH. While we were waiting, we sat in a small section that's enclosed. Usually people bring Cats in this section but there weren't any cats in there today. It's right near the door.
We were sitting there peacefully, Simba laying by my feet.
This IDIOT comes in with his dog on a retractable leash and the dog comes running up towards Simba. I stuck my legs out to keep the dog away while holding Simba close to me. After saying "NO, EXCUSE ME" millions of times, the guy finally turns around and says "Oh" and goes to have a seat. :mad:

He's so lucky I'm not an idiot like him because if I had let Simba go like he did his dog, that dog would have a lot more problems then it did (he had a cone around his neck and his back leg wrapped up)

Besides idiot people, supposedly Simba has tapeworms. :( Tapeworms are from a dog eating a flea, which could have happened anywhere. Thank gosh we got rid of those damn fleas and I NEVER want them again.
Anyways, he got a shot for that and has to go back in a month. Dr. Matthews said it wasn't something to REALLY worry about. (I was almost in tears because just the sound of "worms" worries me.)

Anyways, that was our eventful, NOT FUN, vet visit.
But you know what.. we came home to two packages on our front door! :D Sooo.. Right now Simba is having tons of fun with the girls playing with their new toys and such. (Pictures to come later. :D)

luvofallhorses
06-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Some people :rolleyes: I love how people control their dogs these days (sarcasm ;) ) some people can be SO irresponsible :mad:

Poor Simba :( Get better soon sweetie! I cannot wait for pictures! :D

k9krazee
06-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Sorry you had to come across yet another irresponsible idiot :mad:

Poor Sims! Get better soon boy!!

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Poor Simba.:( Lacey had tapeworms last summer, she doesn't have fleas either, she uses Frontline. So who knows where they came from.:confused: As for idiots at the vets, I hear ya. Had a few of them myself! I really liked the idiot that had his dog on a long leash and it came up to Lacey (this was on our way out from her second knee surgery! :eek: ) I really needed a dog to jump on Lacey about then! I said "uhh" and he apoligized and pulled his dog back and I just glared at him! ;)

cocker_luva
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
dont worry, simba is strong and will get over this quick. :D

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Kay, don't worry about the tapeworms...they're so easy for dogs to get...especially with the climate you live in.

Sorry that guy was such an idiot....people really are clueless.

Glad he got pressies when he got home...that always makes a white-coats visit better!

K9soul
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Awww poor Sim boy, I can just picture his hang-dog look at the vet's. Tash is the same way, she looks like she's being led off to her death. Surprisingly Tommy does pretty good. Glad to hear the rest of Simba's checkup went well :).

Tapeworms are really gross, we used to have problems with the collies getting them from fleas when I lived in Missouri, but they seem pretty easy to get rid of with dewormer.

Annette, dogs can also get tapeworms by ingesting another animal that has them (rodents and rabbits commonly have them), or even by ingesting a carrier's feces :o. Feral/roaming cats are big carriers of both fleas and tapeworms, and we all know how much dogs like cat leavings. Parasites are one of the few creatures in the animal kingdom that actually truly disgust and repulse me :p :o

sandragonfly
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
simple tapeworms can be annoying!! they will always come back, no matter how much you tried to keep them away from those evil fleas! try to not worry, very common.

I feel you, UGH PEOPLE. sometimes I had to shove my hand under their face to look at me (because I can't speak) then I 'speak' MOVE AWAY. they sometimes think their dogs are soooo cute when it'd just jump on my dog, or me..or nipping my dog.. :rolleyes: :mad: owhelly..life.

looking forward to packaggy pictures! :)

gemini9961
06-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Awww poor Simba, he'll get better Kay. Best wishes your way.

anna_66
06-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Sim has worms Kay, I hope he gets rid of those nasty thing soon.

Ohhh how nice to get gifts after a vet visit, every dog should:D
Can't wait to see your pictures!

shutterbug0303
06-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Poor Simba-boy! I hope those yucky worms are bothering him too bad. I know that he'll be over them in no time :)

Don't you just "love" irresponsible people :rolleyes: I totally know how you feel after a visit to the dog park yesterday

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Annette, dogs can also get tapeworms by ingesting another animal that has them (rodents and rabbits commonly have them), or even by ingesting a carrier's feces . Feral/roaming cats are big carriers of both fleas and tapeworms, and we all know how much dogs like cat leavings. Parasites are one of the few creatures in the animal kingdom that actually truly disgust and repulse me

Jessica, we do have cats, squirrels, and bunnies come in our fence frequently, that's how I suspect she may have got them!

Ginger's Mom
06-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Simba has tapeworms. As everyone has said they are fairly easy to clear up. I was totally clueless when I got my first dog, and the first full summer that I had her she got tapeworms. She did not get a shot, they just gave me a pill to give her and said that in three days everything would be out of her system.

Hope that Simba is feeling better.

jennifert9
06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Kay, my heart almost jumped through my chest when I saw the frown at the beginning!! Don't scare me like that!!!
After that, I was like, "whoooow, only tapeworms!" ;)
No biggie, wonderful Simba wil be fine in no time!!

Sometimes I don't think those retractable leashes should be sold to people without a class first!! Just because the leash GOES 15 feet, doesn't mean that you have a 15 ft. WINDOW around you where the REST of us CAN'T go!!!! People need to be respectful and keep their animals in control all the time and those things just don't help in the hands of an idiot!!!

Kisses and hugs to all the kids! (Extra for Simba please;))

lizbud
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
AW poor Simba.:( Don't worry Simba, Smokey doesn't like the
Vets offices either. Hope he gets over the wormies quickly. Do
you have to treat Nala & Kiara also? As you can tell, I know
nothing about treating them.

Sorry you had to run into a clueless dog owner.:mad:

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Poor Simba :(

Spot is with him...he doesn't like the vet's at all!! And he too had his bout of worms, when we first adopted him. We went ahead and treated both girls just to be sure they didn't get them from him.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry you had to go through that, Kay. That's just uncalled for. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope the next vet visit goes much much better. I'm so sorry to hear that poor Simmy has tapeworms.:( That's a shame.

Kfamr
06-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks everyone.

Kiara just went to the vet a few weeks ago, so I don't believe she has them. I think, to be safe, we'll be taking them in.

Vette
06-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad visit,, but glad nothing else is wrong with your furred one. :D

Cookiebaker
06-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Poor Simba :( It's so traumatic going to the vets, isn't it? Malone hates going there even though he loves people and loves treats. :rolleyes:

I hope you feel better soon, Simba, and that your medicines will clear you up in no time at all!

KYS
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Poor Simba,

Get better soon.
Rocky and Sheba said they feel for you.

wolf_Q
06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear Simba has tapeworms, I'm sure that will be cleared up soon. That's so stupid the guy was letting his dog practically run loose in the vet, real bright. :rolleyes:

Nebo says to tell Simba that they are both tough guys but those vets are scary, he hides from them.

Oggyflute
06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
The presents would have made Simba feel a lot better.:)

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you all bothering to reply to my silly worries.

I have to say, last night I started crying and I feel a bit down about it now. I just keep worrying, i'm angry, and I keep blaming myself. I keep thinking i'm horrible for letting this happen, although there's really nothing that I could have done to stop it. I keep worrying that the girls have it too, or will get it from him. I keep worrying and wondering if this is making him feel any pain or discomfort?

I'm stupid, I know.. but I can't help being so worried about them. Stupid bugs. Stupid parasites.

luvofallhorses
06-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Oh Kay, this definitely isn't your fault. :) (((hugs))) I am sure he'll feel better soon! :D I just know he will. He's a tough guy :)

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 01:00 PM
G#@TY#$TY#$^$^$^&#&%^#****&*

I'm so pissed off and upset right now. I found a worm in Kiara's poop. GOSHDAMNIT. :mad: :( :mad: :(

I'm going to make my dad get an appointment for the girls to be dewormed as soon as he gets home. I'm so ticked off right now. :(

lizbud
06-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Kay,

Your worries are not silly at all. I think it's pretty normal to feel
bad ourselves when our pets are ill with something.These things
happen. You are one of the best dog (or any pet) owners I know.

Don't blame yourself. You are doing everything right to help
Simba, Nala & Kiara and we know you always have.

Bigyummydog
06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you all bothering to reply to my silly worries.

I have to say, last night I started crying and I feel a bit down about it now. I just keep worrying, i'm angry, and I keep blaming myself. I keep thinking i'm horrible for letting this happen, although there's really nothing that I could have done to stop it. I keep worrying that the girls have it too, or will get it from him. I keep worrying and wondering if this is making him feel any pain or discomfort?

Your only silliness that I can see is you thinking it's your fault. Well, it's NOT. Stuff happens. We all think that way sometimes. We're sending you lots of furry hugs and soggy kisses, to help you feel better. Give them all kisses from us. They will be ok, soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I aree, your worrieds are not silly at all. You are just upset and frusterated, that's all. :) It would make me really mad if this hapened to my baby too. And Kay, you are FAR from stupid!;)

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
So sorry to hear this. I hope they'll be better soon. We're going to have a great time at the party so just start looking forward to that. I can't wait to give you my surprise!

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey, were you able to get an appointment for your pups? That sucks that Kiara has worms, too. It's nothing you did, and, it's not your fault. And, you definitely shouldn't feel silly. Your dogs are awesome, and, it's because of who you are. Nothing to feel silly about.

Kfamr
06-15-2005, 09:42 AM
We called the Vet's yesterday and they said that we didn't need an appointment, so we're probably going to go around 2 today.

ramanth
06-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Poor Simba and Kiara. :( It's not your fault Kay. They'll get better in no time. :)