PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs bark to come inside?

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
I thought this would be an interesting poll!:) Blaze doesn't usually bark, but scratches and whines at the door to be let in after romping outside for a while. I was just taking care of Mickey yesterday, and he barks his head off to be let in!!;) So...what do your dogs do?

petslover
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
When its time to come in, they know how to get my attention lol! They bark and CoCo whines like a baby.

CoCo is our lil crybaby!

and when we let the dogs out one last time to potty at night. Well Bouncer starts to howl when he wants in. lol

k9krazee
06-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Shadow and Jack scratch on the door or jump on it

Mini and Kyra will cry

Micki barks like crazy

Suki Wingy
06-13-2005, 02:26 PM
scratches and whines

akaspaddero
06-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Jake usually barks or scratches depending on time time of day.
Zoe does nada........

binka_nugget
06-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Kai scratches and whines.. doesn't bark though.

Ever since we got Kaedyn, he has never showed any interest in coming in. I usually have to call him for a bit cause he loves it so much outside.

luvofallhorses
06-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Buster whines.
Jenny barks.
Rocky is quiet.
Ginger yaps ;)

Kfamr
06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Sometimes. We don't usually leave them outside long enough for them to bark to come in. We're usually outside with them or only let them out for a few minutes by themselves.

JenBKR
06-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Roscoe cries to come in sometimes, but most times he finds a comfy spot and lays down

PJ's Mom
06-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Mine don't because we have a doggie door, so they don't have to. :)

LeahMM
06-13-2005, 02:51 PM
The Aussies bark, rather yelp.

The Borders just sit there until I let them in. I think they send mind waves because I always know when they're ready to come inside.

cali
06-13-2005, 02:52 PM
all but Blair scratch to go out and bark to come in. Blair bounces like tigger for both lol Happy is the only onw who likes being outside for long periods, Perky wont be out long enugh to close the door unless she can lay in the sun, Happy just likes to sit on the deck by the door, no idea why lol Misty keeps me in sight at all times so the second the door is closed she runs to the door and barks till i open it then she goes off to play again lol

Glacier
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Only Hobo. He seems to think he's magic. He barks at the door three times, cocks his head and waits a couple seconds. If it doesn't open, he repeats the whole process until it works!

The rest of them come to the picture window and stare at me until I get the message!

Logan
06-13-2005, 03:27 PM
I voted "Yes" because half of mine do and half of mine don't, but the two that do bark loudly enough to wake the dead!!! :eek:

It's Murphy (who is totally deaf) and Lilly (who is just a spoiled brat who likes to be inside). :D

KYS
06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Sheba sits patiently looking at you. (rarely she might
wimper)

Rocky, bangs his paw on the door and sometimes whines.

cocker_luva
06-13-2005, 03:30 PM
jesse will bark if shes been waitin awhile. silly impatient girl. :rolleyes: :D

gkristian
06-13-2005, 03:43 PM
foxy doesn't bark because he's mostly inside when i'm home.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-13-2005, 03:56 PM
My dogs don't bark to come in because either my husband or I am always outside with them.
If I run in the house for something this is what I see-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/dogs/IMG_3791.jpg
Nacey can't stand it if I go into the house. She always runs up to the door and looks in. If I don't leave the regular door open so she can see in through the glass then she will scratch and pound on the door until I come back out.

Ginger's Mom
06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Ginger is never alone outside (no yard), so I don't know what she would do. Hmm...

shutterbug0303
06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
lol - I had to vote other because when they are all outside together and ready to come in, Skye just lets them in! :rolleyes: She ingeniously figured out that the little handle thingy pushes down and opens the door, so she jumps up and lets herself in! And of course, everyone else follows. I'll have to get a movie of that! Otherwise,

Chloe - barks
Venus - jumps on the door
Sahara - jumps on the door/learning to open it too

lizbud
06-13-2005, 05:58 PM
I voted no for both Maggie & Smokey. They don't bark to come
inside, just stand at the door. They don't bark to go outside
either.:D

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
None of ours bark to come in..although if they do start too much barking, or bark at all early in the morning, or late at night, they come in like it or not!

Sadie will knock on the window. Cincy and Spot stare at the door, then the window, door, window....watching for someone to come let them in.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
My sister's dog Bo usually doesn not bark to come in. She comes very close to the window and almost smashes her cute nose to get our attention.OH yes, she also goes stand on 2 legs, and put the other 2 higher on the window!! That's the part where my sis starts yelling: "Let that dog in; he is ruining my window...."

Of course, if nobody reacts, he starts barking:)

IRescue452
06-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Pepper scratches. Autumn barks once then sits and waits for a minute then barks once again and sits and waits, this continues until get to the door, then she jumps and wags her butt :D .

RobiLee
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
My girls don't really do anything to let me know they are ready to come in. I guess the most they will do is curl up by the steps. I'm not for sure if they want in or they are just resting ;).

Vette
06-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Nope. my dad or i always goes outside with him. so he doesnt have to bark when he wants inside. he just stays with us till were ready to go in.

anna_66
06-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
when they are all outside together and ready to come in, Skye just lets them in! :rolleyes: She ingeniously figured out that the little handle thingy pushes down and opens the door, so she jumps up and lets herself in! And of course, everyone else follows. I'll have to get a movie of that! Otherwise,

OMG that's funny because Roxey has learned the same thing so now I have to lock the screendoor or she just comes in whenever she feels like it!

Now, I voted Yes for the barking but only Bon does it. He barks, scratches, wines, dances and bangs the door when he wants in:rolleyes:
Roxey will just stare and Huney either wines or scratches.

mruffruff
06-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Mine have a doggy door, but Samson has learned to bark if I have the insert in the doggy door. I have to keep the insert in when the cats are out their room or they go exploring!

Scruffy hasn't figured it out yet, so he just waits. Bella would rather be outside, so she doesn't bark either.

ParNone
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Now that I have Oz and Gull, it's rare that they get to stay outside long enough to ask to come in. Don't think Gull's ever asked. Oz and Murph will scratch at the door on those rare occasions when they do have to ask.

Maddie was the one that would do whatever it took to come back inside, when she was ready. Everything from scratching, barking, whining and wood knawing. I had her and Murph outside one day, while painting inside. I heard this sawing noise. Couldn't imagine what in the world it could be. Looked out the window and there was Maddie knawing on the door frame. Wood chips were just a flying. Looked like a beaver at work. And unthinking me, I opened the door to tell her to knock it off and she trotted right on inside all happy with herself. Took me weeks to get her to stop that behavior.

Par...

Queen of Poop
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
My RB dog Sami used to bark to come in.

Sasha (border collie cross) just stands at the door and waits to be let in. She's got the whole house trained to wait at the door to let her back in. She's such a sweetie, no one wants to leave her outside for too long. When she comes in she immediately wants a cookie.

Bigyummydog
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
No, he doesn't bark. We usually leave the door open while he's out. But if we do close it, he'll paw it once or twice. Sometimes he'll just stand there, like I can read his mind or something.

Anita Cholaine
06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Anita scratches the door a little, and then she seats and waits. If we take to long to open the door, she scratches it again, this time stronger than the first time, and rarely she cries, but she doesnt stop doing this until someone opens it. Thats why the door is all with nails marks!

Chica
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
CHICA SCRACTHES AT THE DOOR AND MAYBE BARKS SOFTLY ONCE OR TWICE.:)