PDA

View Full Version : nervous!

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey, everyone. Tonight, I have my first four appointments to talk to people about the life insurance packages that we offer. I'm very nervous! But, excited, too. Anyway, I just wanted to ask that you all keep your fingers crossed. Not for me to sell some policies, just for me to present well, and, to make a good impression. :) I'll post later when I get home tonight......

robinh
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Best of Luck!! My daughter-in-law does that. She was nervous the first time and now she does great. You will too.

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by robinh
Best of Luck!! My daughter-in-law does that. She was nervous the first time and now she does great. You will too.

Thank you so much for telling me that! :) I think I will do really well, it's just getting past that initial week or two. Maybe even just one night will help me get rid of these jitters. I'm seeing four people! Eek.

moosmom
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Good luck!! I know you'll do well!!

luvofallhorses
06-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Good luck! You'll do fine! :D

kittycats_delight
06-13-2005, 12:04 PM
You can do it I know you will be a smashing hit !!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey, thanks, guys! I'm back for a bit, but, I have three appointments now. I had one, but, she had to reschedule. Figures. ;) ha ha, but, that's part of the job, I guess. I'm not taking it personally.....anyway, I'll write later tonight and let you know how I did!

Logan
06-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Good luck to you! I'm sure you're going to do just fine. :)

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, I spent two and a half hours with two girls tonight, talking about everything. I didn't sell anything to them, but, they gave me a ton of referrals, and, were so awesome. I had such a good time. :) One of them left saying "you've got a customer", but, she just wants to get her whole family together with me, and, get her kids some life insurance. It will end up being a productive night, but, for now, I'm just taking it as a practice session. :)

jennifert9
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Kari, I'm sure you did fantastic! You have a great personality and present yourself well...at least in your posts you do!! And if you do that well in writing, I'm sure it's 100% better in person!! :D
You are very charming and even charismatic in your posts...kind of like Finn actually....!) Not that he posts...but you know what I mean...:D
Good luck! Keep at it!

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
You are very charming and even charismatic in your posts...kind of like Finn actually....!) Not that he posts...but you know what I mean...:D

Oh, man, that is such a cool thing for you to say. I think I'm becoming like him! ;) Living life day to day, and, always smiling, not too bad. Thanks again, I hope I get to go out tomorrow night, too.

Oggyflute
06-14-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm positive you will be a great success at it Kari. :)

anna_66
06-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Even though you didn't do any selling, I'm glad to hear that it all went well:)

robinh
06-14-2005, 07:47 AM
a lot of a sales job is connecting with people. Sounds to me that you did just that. We knew you could do it!

Congratulations on a good start!

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Thank you everyone. Your thoughts helped me knock on the door last night, as I was nervous! :) It was a nice area, though, I didn't feel scared. But, I will be buying a pepper spray keychain soon. I know when I was training, we went into some creepy areas. I'm hoping to be able to take some self defense classes before too long, too. Just to be on the safe side. :)

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
All right, I'm outta here for my second night. Hopefully, I'll get to see more than one appointment. ;) My first one is at four, I'm going to find out when the rest of them are......I'll let you guys know if I make my first sale. :)