PDA

View Full Version : Back to the vet we go!

Glacier
06-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Deuce is spending the day at the vet clinic again. He is not a good patient! Well, he's good about everything except the drains. He won't let me flush them or clean up around the stitches. My husband held his head last night and we got them partially cleaned up, but they are a mess still. So the vet will recheck them whenever he gets time today and one of the techs will clean him all up.

He is taking his pills with no problems. This morning he was walking much better and it looks like the swelling has come down a bit. He's taken over the arctic entry(big attached porch) and is loving it. He can't come in the main part of the house as he is not good with the cats. I don't feel up to doing cat retraining right now and he has enough to deal with. He has a comfy bed, chewies, food and water in the porch and is getting tons of attention. I have to argue with him a couple times a day to get him to go outside and pee! He would prefer to stay on his little bed!

I will pick him up after work today. I'm hoping they just take the stupid drains out!

Ginger's Mom
06-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Good Luck, Glacier. And Deuce please be a good boy just a little bit longer so they can get that wound cleaned up.

Queen of Poop
06-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Hopefully they can do away with the drains, clean up his wounds and send him home for the final recovery. Poor guy. Sounds like he's getting comfortable and enjoying his new living arrangements. What will you do with him once he's recovered?

lizbud
06-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Good luck with the re-check at the Vets today.Poor guy, I'll bet
it hurts to mess with those drains. Hopefully, if Deuce stays in
"sick bay" he can heal up a lot quicker.:)

k9krazee
06-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Deuce you need to be good so you can get better!!! Good luck, hope everything turns out okay!

luvofallhorses
06-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Good luck! Deuce please be a good boy so you can be all better!

Glacier
06-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Queen of Poop
What will you do with him once he's recovered?

He will go back in with Raven during the day, hopefully. I don't want to keep him alone for too long. He does like other dogs and he has very high energy levels. He needs some room and a buddy to burn off his energy. I think he's probably learned his lesson and will give Raven a break. So I'll try to get him back into Rave's pen. If she won't have it, I'll try Goldie's pen. If all else fails, he will have to stay in the small pen until Kayleigh gets her new pen. Then he can move into Kayleigh's pen.

He can keep sleeping in the porch if he wants to. He'll have to share with Goldie some nights as she likes to hang out in there too. She's allowed inside, but she has some kind of issue with being in the house for too long.

Queen of Poop
06-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, he's sure found a good home with you. He sounds like a real sweetie pie, and by the way so do you (you take the very best care of all of your animals). I sure hope all goes well at the vets today. :)

sandragonfly
06-13-2005, 04:20 PM
suck feeling you have, to deal with this kind of stuff huh? but the life won't stay the same! ;)

hope things will work better soon!

cyber-sibes
06-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Hang in there Deuce, it will get better! ;)

anna_66
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that you had to take him back in. I sure hope he gets those drains out.

Glacier
06-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Deuce is home again. He was a good boy at the clinic and super in the truck on the way home. He really seems to enjoy truck rides. Both drains are still in and will have to stay for 3 more days, but they are all nice and clean again. It should be a little easier to do now.

Dr. Rick was very impressed with how well Deuce is doing actually. I was suprised. I didn't think the wounds look good at all, but apparently there is no infection in them. He was shocked at how much Deuce is weightbearing already. Tonight he actually jumped up on me and didn't fall right over! He's very energetic tonight. The stitches have to stay in longer than usual. Due to the local of the wound there is alot of tension on the stitches and it will take a few days longer to heal up.

If Deuce won't let me flush the drains again, he will spend Thursday at the vet again! They will flush the drains, clean the wounds and probably pull the drains, but hopefully he will let me take care of all that.

Oggyflute
06-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Sounds like Deuce is well on the mend.:)

Queen of Poop
06-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Excellent news from the vet. Good going Deuce. This time let mommy look after you, silly boy. I bet he doesn't let you look after the drains cause he wants another truck ride!! Sounds like you are both doing alot better with this. :)

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Glad Deuce is healing well, and, is being a good boy. I hope all goes well with reintroducing him to Raven.