View Full Version : Nighttime noises, courtesy of Butter and a "friend"

Logan
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I thought you would get a kick out of this "serenade" that Butter and his "friend" made for me after midnight on Friday night. Lilly was barking and when I got up to check on her, I understood why she was barking. It scared me at first because I thought it was a wild animal that might have one of my cats trapped or something. :eek: In a way, it was I guess because Butter was involved! LOL!! This huge orange cat was about 1 foot away from him in our front yard when I turned on the light. They were crouched down with every hair standing on end. It the noise hadn't been so funny, I would have been more worried. I did break them up and got Butter inside, but not before I grabbed my camera and recorded their sounds for a little while. I have never in my life heard sounds like these coming from a cat. There is no end to Butter's surprises, I guess.

Logan

catmandu
06-12-2005, 06:47 PM
LOGAN,YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN,THE FOUND CAT LOOKING AROUND,WHEN I PLAYED,THOSE CAT SOUNDS,OVET THE KOSS AUDIO SYSTEM.THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT,THAT ONE,OF THE PORCHIES,HAD SNUCK IN.LOL,LOL,LOL RLOL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture423.jpg

popcornbird
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
:eek:

Is that BUTTER?

That explains the night-time sounds that occasionally come from outside our house. It sounds EXACTLY like that....so....must be some silly cats. :D

Muffin's sitting here with me and feaked out when I played the clip. :p

kittycats_delight
06-12-2005, 07:41 PM
LMAO....they can certainly sing up a tune can't they. My girls knew it wasn't either of them so off they went to check all the windows and see where these noisy serenaders where. They never did find them :D

catnapper
06-12-2005, 07:50 PM
ROTFL!!! Butter you silly boy! You sounded like something Steven Spielburg would use in his next space alien film!

Pam
06-12-2005, 07:50 PM
LOL! While I played it Trevor just lifted his head up from his nap and then yawned and then went right back to sleep. There is not much that makes Trevor lose sleep! :D

sandragonfly
06-12-2005, 08:41 PM
waa waa :( can't hear, can't tell what they sound like...explain, anybody?

maybe I can bring my thirteen cats to school lab and let them hear for me.. :eek: :D :)

CalliesMom
06-12-2005, 08:48 PM
LOL The noise did not phase Whisper but I guess it's a normal sound he hears from Shadow. :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
The computer room is a cat free zone, but I still made sure the volume was low! Butter you sound like a feisty old tom cat scrappin' in the night! :eek: :eek: Good thing you got Butter in before the fur flew, and the fight began! :rolleyes: ;)

Barbara
06-13-2005, 03:09 AM
I never thought fixed cats sang like that.

Looks as if you had a cat rock concert in your yard:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2005, 05:11 AM
OMG :eek: , sounds like you were invaded by wolfs......
Scary Butter, ha ha :)

Logan
06-13-2005, 06:01 AM
When my daughter heard it, she said it sounded like ghosts! :) It is quite spooky sounding to me, too! LOL!!!! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Logan
When my daughter heard it, she said it sounded like ghosts! :) It is quite spooky sounding to me, too! LOL!!!! :)

He he, I have a great idea! send this tape to Hollywood! It would be perfect for a scary movie about a hounted house :eek: :eek:

catcrazylady
06-13-2005, 07:48 AM
LOL Logan!!! You have caused quit the stir in many kitty households with that!!!:eek: :D :D My crew went beserk looking for the fight! Whenever we have a scuffle here they all gather round to watch and they were so excited but they couldn't figure out where it was coming from! LOL!!!:D :D :D

Butter you and your friend sure can sound spooky! I hate that sound in the dark. I always feel like I'm in one of those creepy movies where the cats attack and eat people!;) :D :D

Mad Mags Moo
06-13-2005, 09:28 AM
LOL:D My poor wee Bubble was sleeping on the shelf above the computer and completely freaked out after hearing this!!!!:eek: Airplane ears and a wee bit of puffball going on!!!!

NoahsMommy
06-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh my gosh, Logan! That's so funny! At first it sounded like one of those spooky Halloween tapes!

Butter's quite the singer. ;)

Killearn Kitties
06-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Quite right too, Butter! You tell that huge orange cat that this is YOUR territory! :D

AmberLee
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Hee, hee, hee! Cassy was napping on the shelf above the computer when I started that. Came straight awake and SO alert. He's now giving himself a thorough bath to show that HE wasn't affected by his silly Meowmy making noises... :rolleyes:

sandragonfly
06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
hmm, where did I missed? :confused:

Freckles
06-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Freckles was washing her face when the tape started and never missed a beat. :(
Volume was up on the speakers, too. She responded to my voice, so I know she can hear.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Good grief, what a racket!!!! Ally was TOTALLY freaked out, trying to see behind the monitor!!! (Connor was, as usual, completely oblivious!)

orangemm
06-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Boy, they can really crank it up when the mood strikes them! Amazing the sounds that can come out of a cat's body!

We used to have a large gray male cat, Buzzy, who was very territorial. If he spotted another cat outdoors, he immediately started yowling, hissing, growling and puffing up.

Brings back fond memories....................

Edwina's Secretary
06-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh I want to hear this! I am on a computer in the offices of the University so I think I best wait until more private....Please keep this on the top of the list so I remember!

Logan
06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

hmm, where did I missed? :confused:

Gina, there is no picture, just an audio tape of Butter and another cat "talking" to each other, quite loudly, I might add! :p It is an attachment on the initial post.

slick
06-13-2005, 10:32 PM
:D :D That is absolutely priceless....but much to my disappointment, Max and Speckes weren't phased in the least. They just kept on eating their dinner.

Logan, was that your hooman voice in there??? What a cute accent!!

gini
06-13-2005, 11:21 PM
The sliding door to the back yard is open and I have two cats glued to the screen looking desperately for the source of this sound. :D

Can you just imagine if humans made these sounds around people that they didn't like?

Logan, nice genteel accent, I might add.

reikiessence
06-14-2005, 03:35 AM
That's classic, my Terry was sneeking a look over the desk.... to afraid to get up ON it and take a look ( speakers are on the desk). His tail started twitching and he made his weird growling noise like they were doing. The kitten just stared at the speaker. Very amusing!

I'm glad your baby is okay!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh my! :eek: :eek:

I played this at work and I don't think I'll replay it at home. Might send Peanut to the basement and CJ to who knows where!

Does sound eerie though.