PDA

View Full Version : LoudLou.. please read

ramanth
02-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Lynne wants to pass on doing the next puzzle. That means Puzzle 109 is yours if you would like it. If not, it will pass to the next number after yours.

LoudLou
02-08-2002, 12:41 PM
I too will have to pass. As I won't have time to keep up with it this weekend and that wouldn't be fair to all of you.... I am terribly sorry,I wish I could.:( :( :(

ramanth
02-08-2002, 02:39 PM
A puzzle does not have to be completed in a matter of hours. Some puzzles took a week. No hurry.

Since you pass it goes to ellensy.

Would you like it, ellensy?

AmberLee
02-08-2002, 03:21 PM
The post about the pet zebra reminded me of a logic puzzle I adored ages ago called "Who Owns the Zebra". (Reader's Digest published it in the early 70s or even perhaps in the mid-60s. (?)) It was a series of roughly 10 cryptic statements that would eventually allow you to figure out which of 5 pet-loving international neighbors owns which exotic pet. I thought it was a blast, but it's not interactive like the puzzles posted in this series is ... I stumbled across a xerox of the statements list a while ago and am sure I kept it for nostalgia sake. This is not one of the statements from the puzzle, but is like the style used: "The gentleman from Morrocco (who does not live in the blue house) prefers to waltz after he feeds carrots to his llama." Surreal, but bit-by-bit you can eventually figure out who owns the zebra.

Do you think others would be interested in this as a change of pace, or not? (And should I put it in Pet General because it has little or nothing to do with dogs?) Or is this just one of my unique tastes, not something that the others would enjoy?

zippy-kat
02-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
It was a series of roughly 10 cryptic statements that would eventually allow you to figure out which of 5 pet-loving international neighbors owns which exotic pet.

Do you think others would be interested in this as a change of pace, or not? (And should I put it in Pet General because it has little or nothing to do with dogs?) Or is this just one of my unique tastes, not something that the others would enjoy?

OMGosh!! LOGIC PUZZLES!! LOVE THEM!! I want to try!!!

AmberLee
02-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Okay, I'll look for the list and post it in Pet General as soon as I find it -- either call it Logic Puzzle or Zebra Logic Puzzle or the like.

It was the first logic puzzle I ever saw and it started a life-long love of them for me. So glad there are other fans here.

ellensy
02-09-2002, 06:03 AM
hmm, im sorry, i dont know how to do this! :(

ellensy
02-09-2002, 06:53 AM
errr, but i'll giv it a try. ;)

AmberLee
02-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
...I'll ... post it in Pet General ... call it Logic Puzzle or Zebra Logic Puzzle or the like...

I posted it this lunch time. Hope some of you enjoy it. :D ;) :cool:

Logic Puzzle: Who Owns the Zebra (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=8198)