PDA

View Full Version : Little Orphan Annie update

Soapets
06-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Our Little Orphan Annie is growing by leaps and bounds!:) She is now weaned and litter box trained, and has full run of the house. She and Shadow are going to be the best of friends, and now that they are a little more used to each other they aren't wrestling constantly---but they still wrestle with each other quite a bit.

Annie was playing with a little ball the other day, and when Shadow tried to get it she picked it up in her teeth and actually growled at him!:D Then she started batting it around again, and Shadow joined in the chase. They chase each other around the house, and it is so funny to watch them do somersaults as they jump and pounce and run and play! They are just hilarious to watch.

Today is six weeks since I brought Little Orphan Annie home to take care of "temporarily" as a foster kitten. Monday will be six weeks since the Humane Society told me just to bring her back to them to be PTS, because she was sick and they said they couldn't medicate a kitten so young. I am so glad I didn't do what they suggested!

I don't have any new pictures to post right now, but I will post some in the next week or two. Her left eye is doing better, but still isn't 100% healed. We're still putting antibiotic drops in it twice a day. She's finished with her Amoxi, and still sounds a little congested in the sinuses sometimes but doesn't let it slow her down any.

She likes to sleep in bed with us, and will often come in and cuddle up to me, or stretch way out, and go to sleep. She is so trusting of us, and is such a little love bug! I am so glad we have her, and that she continues to grow and play and wrestle and play and sleep and play and eat and play, etc., etc., etc.!

She learned very quickly to come at the sound of the little fishing bell, so now both she and Shadow are trained to "come" when we ring it. (Angel is trained to come to the sound of castanets clicking.) Angel is a lot more tolerant of Little Orphan Annie now, and I actually caught Angel giving Shadow a bath one night last week! :D

Shadow is also a little love bug. He loves to be held, or to cuddle up on our heads at night when we are trying to sleep. He will climb onto my lap and stretch out to be scritched, and loves to be petted. He is such a cuddle bug it's almost humorous. I will post more pictures of him, too, in the next week or two......

Soapets
06-11-2005, 09:06 PM
For anyone who doesn't already know Little Orphan Annie's story, here's a link to a thread about her: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78209

QueenScoopalot
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see new pictures of that wee sweetie! Her markings are so beautiful, and I'm so happy she has a playmate almost her size. :) :) :) Isn't flunking at fostering just wonderful? :confused: :D

kittycats_delight
06-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeaaaaaa can't wait for more pics of the lovebugs. Annie is our special PT baby. We all love her dearly and are sooo happy she has come through all this. And failed foster parenting is just the best thing. You end up with the sweetest additions you never knew you needed or needed you (permantently). LOL

rg_girlca
06-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Awww Deb, these two sound like they keep you on your toes.
It's so good to hear how well little Annie is doing. I hope her little eye will be back to 100% in no time. Gosh, I'm so glad that you put your foot down and decided to help this precious baby.
Bless you and your hubby.

I can't wait to see pictures of her and the cutie pie Shadow.

Little Willy is very anxious to see his little sweetheart also.;)

Craftlady
06-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm so glad to read she is doing so well these days. Thanks for the update :)

jenluckenbach
06-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Great update! :D:D

furrykidsmother
06-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Thank you for the update. So glad to hear she is doing so well and that she and Shadow are good friends and that Angel has gotten used to her. Keep up the good work Annie!

momcat
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
It's so good to know that our little girl Annie is doing so well. That poor girl has been through so much but has come through like a champ! I'm sure the antics of Annie, Shadow, and Angel really keep things going. Lovebug to everyone.....

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm so glad that both Annie and Shadow are doing so well and that they get along well too. Thanks for the wonderful update. I can't wait to see some new pictures of your cuties.:D

catmandu
06-12-2005, 06:10 PM
WHAT A BLESSING,FOR THAT LITTLE KITTEN,THAT YOU IGNORED,THAT ADVICE.AND YOU BOTH,ARE WINNERS,AS LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE,HAS HER FURR EVER HOME,AND YOU HAVE A FURRY LITTLE FRIEND,THAT WILL BRING YOU,SO MUCH JOY,AND LAUGHTER,FOR YEARS,TO COME.AND SHADOW,HAS A FRIEND,TO PALY,WITH,TO KEEP HIM YOUNG,AS JJJ3,AND MICHAEL DO,WITH SCRAPPY 2.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture139.jpg

catcrazylady
06-13-2005, 07:23 AM
AWWWWWWWWWE!!! It's so wonderful to hear that the babies are finally able to wrestle and play together! You did a fantastic job with little Annie. Thank goodness you didn't take her back to the shelter!
I can't wait for pictures of those two!:D