PDA

View Full Version : Pancake recipes please......

carole
06-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I have for some reason become addicted to making pancakes, first I started off with a Edmonds mix, the cheats way, as I am hopeless at making pikelets or Pancakes, but as I have a new non-stick pan (That was half the problem) they turned out not too bad, then I decided to follow the Edmonds recipe book and make my own , they were not bad either, however I figured why not ask the experts here on Pancakes, my American friends, for recipes and hints on making excellent pancakes, my first one is always a flop, I think I don't have the pan hot enough and then the rest are ok.

So any help or advice much appreciated, thanks.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of pancakes, but when I do make them I just use a mix.
I did make pancakes a few weeks ago and rather than using syrup I put peach pie filling on top. They were yummy!

carole
06-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes the first time I used a pancake mix too, it had maple syrup included, I never used to like maple syrup, but now I am hooked, but it's quite expensive, so I have opted for golden syrup, which will suffice instead of.:)

kittycats_delight
06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
I got one for you. How about the recipe for I.H.O.P.'s pancakes?

Pancakes from International House of Pancakes®

Nonstick Spray
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.
2. In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
4. When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown.
5. Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.
Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.

Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe

Ingredients
• 2 eggs
• 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sliced strawberries (thawed and drained if using frozen)
• 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

Preparation
Preheat skillet to 350F. Beat eggs, then add buttermilk, baking soda and 1/4 cup melted butter. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, then fold in strawberries. Use remaining butter to lightly brush skillet surface between each batch of pancakes. Pour batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto hot skillet. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and edges are dry, then turn cook another 2-3 minutes.

Wild Blueberry Pancakes

Ingredients
• 1 egg
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 tablespoons oil
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup wild blueberries

Preparation
Preheat griddle to 400F. Add egg, buttermilk, oil and honey to bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients with blueberries. Add blueberry mixture to liquid ingredients, mixing gently until batter forms. Pour batter, 1/3 cup at a time, onto hot griddle. Flip as soon as bubbles form.

Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe

This Oatmeal Pancakes recipe makes 10.

Ingredients
• 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
• 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 1/2 cup skim milk
• 2 egg whites
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Preparation
Add dry ingredients to blender and process until oatmeal flakes are fine. Dump into medium mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients lightly, then pour into dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes. Lightly oil griddle (dab paper towel in oil and rub over surface) and preheat to hot. Pour batter onto griddle with a 1/4 cup measuring cup.

Cream Cheese Pancakes Recipe

Ingredients
• 2 eggs
• 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon butter, melted
• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
• Confectioners sugar
Preparation
Preheat electric griddle to 275F. Lightly beat eggs in large bowl, then add softened cream cheese, flour, sugar and butter and mix well. Spray preheated griddle with non-stick spray. Pour batter onto griddle by teaspoonsfuls. Cook about 3 minutes on first side, then turn and cook about 2 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with confectioners sugar.

Honey Apple Pancakes Recipe

This Honey Apple Pancakes recipe makes 8.

Ingredients
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
• 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 egg
• 3/4 cup apple juice
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil

Preparation
Lightly grease griddle and preheat to hot. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice and baking soda. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg slightly, then stir in apple juice, honey and oil. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until blended. Pour batter, about 1/4 cup for each pancake, onto heated griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes (surface of pancakes should be bubbly with slightly dry edges), then turn and cook 2-3 minutes more

These should keep you busy for awhile. LOL

let me know which ones you like.

And also let me know if you would prefer specific kinds ie. fruit, cream, ecc. I have a huge recipe collection and can get almost anything you would like.

shais_mom
06-11-2005, 10:26 PM
I cheat I use any mix from the store but I put a few drops of Vanilla extract and a sprinkle of cinammon in the mix...

QueenScoopalot
06-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I have a scrumptious recipe for pancakes, but they are baked in cast iron frying pans. They are a favorite of mine during cooler weather...wouldn't dream of even turning on the stove today! :rolleyes: They are Puffy Baked German pancakes...and out of this world! For regular pancakes I use Bisquick which may not be available where you are, but they are tasty too. I'm partial to waffles myself, and love to add chopped pecans to the Bisquick batter. :p YUM!
My tattered well used recipe for the baked pancakes is....
1 cup all purpose flour
1 TBS. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 cup milk
4 TBS. butter cut in bits
powdered sugar if desired
I love adding a splash of vanilla extract to batter (real stuff)
This is the base for the batter, but to make it to die for, I core, peel, and slice up good baking apples! Other fruit like peaches sounds yummy as well! ;)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Heat 2-9 inch (sorry..I'm not into metric) cast iron frying pans (without wood handles)
Heavy cake pans work as well as long as they are sturdy and conduct heat well.
Mix the flour, sugar & salt. Add milk and eggs, blending only until well combined.
Take the pans from the oven. In each put 2 TBS. butter. Swirl to coat pans. Divide the batter equally beween the 2 pans, pouring it in quickly. If apples are desired, have this prepared ahead of time, and place slices across top of batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar if desired, and return pans to oven.
Bake until golden brown and puffy (about 20 minutes). :p Enjoy!

carole
06-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Gosh Thanks everyone, QSA and Kittycats _' delights your pancakes sound awesome, I am going to give them a try, my recipe was just plain old flour, egg , milk and baking powder, I had a feeling you folks would have something much more appertising, I like the sound of the apple and honey ones hmmm,although we donot have apple pie spice here, I wonder what I could use instead, this is making me hungry thinking about them.:D

Shelteez2
06-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by carole
although we donot have apple pie spice here, I wonder what I could use instead,

Cinnimon and perhaps a little nutmeg should be alright......

kittycats_delight
06-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Cinnimon and perhaps a little nutmeg should be alright......

LOL.....exactly, cinnamon and touch of nutmeg. I never used the apple pie spice. I never actually looked for it and of course I just copied the recipes as I have them on the computer. I should have read them over and edited that. sorry. I hope you like them.

carole
06-12-2005, 08:59 PM
They sound delicious, I was thinking an all spice might do the trick, but yes cinnamon and nutmeg, now that I can do, they all sound yummy, I had best not try too many, or the kilos I have just lost will be stacking themselves back on again, sigh,:eek:

IRescue452
06-12-2005, 09:36 PM
My first one doesn't turn out best either! It's because the pan isn't hot enough. I cheat and use mix and water (never milk:o ) and add things like chocolate chips or chopped strawberries. I like making a circle of scrambled egg and a sausage pattie and two pancakes for egg and sausage sandwiches. I made them from scratch once with egg flour and water but I don't use exact measurements, just until it has the right consistency. They turned out pretty good. I don't know how anybody can use milk in pancakes, it makes them taste horrible.