PDA

View Full Version : something BIG to brag about!

cali
06-11-2005, 08:45 PM
ok, we have NEVET been able to get near Blairs feet, he would turn into a lunitic if we tryed kicking screaming biting and pulling, his feet were handled regulary as a pup etc.. he simpley hates having his feet touched, well today his feet were just bugging me, they are so hairy and his nails so long, so I choped up a ton of treats, tied a 5 foot leash to my wais and clipped it to his collar and set to work, first I tried only positive, then just negitive(out of frustration) then I calmed down and tryed something else, I grabed his paw tight in my hand shoved him away and hissed at him if he tried to bit me or pull, after a few minuts his paw was resting on my hand by himself while I clipped around his feet and legs, then I got brave and thought I would try clipping his nails, but I could not find the clippers, my mom probably took them with her to hazelridge for the flyball tourny, anyway so instead I took out the dogs nails file and he actually allowed me to file his nailes! I could not believe it, and boy did he gets LOTS of treats, an entire bag of treats to be exact lol I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably proud if him, I cant wait to tell my mom of this breakthrough :D

Shelteez2
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
That's awesome! Congrats! Hopefully he remembers the lesson for next time.....lol

Karen
06-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Wow! Gooooood boy! :) Maybe this will become a permanent solution!

Corinna
06-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Way to go . Good Blair.