PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

popcornbird
06-11-2005, 07:43 PM
...gone to bed during the day with the intention of JUST taking a break, or resting for a FEW minutes, only to find you dozed off to sleep for hours before you suddenly woke up?

This just happened to me, and its sooo strange because I wasn't tired at all, and really didn't intend to sleep. I opened my windows at like 3:30pm, and there was such a lovely, cool breeze coming in. I think I decided to lie down for a few minutes, just to enjoy the breeze before getting up to do things...but that's the last thing I remember. I just opened my eyes just now, looked up at the ceiling, and wondered why on earth I was in bed! It is past 5:40........I slept for 2 hours!! I never take naps during the day, and suddenly falling asleep without even trying to was weird for me. This has happened before, but its always at night when I'm tired and 'almost' ready to sleep, but today was just strange.

He he he...at least I got the most lovely nap and feel sooo refreshed now. I did miss my daily exercise though...:(...boo hoo hoo. Maybe I'll work out after dinner.

So...have any of you ever fallen asleep at the weirdest times, in the weirdest places, without even intending to take a nap? :p

manda_moo87
06-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Haha, oh yes it seems to happen to me quite often. One day last week I went to go 'nap' for a while and when I woke up 4 hours had passed by! :o

Suki Wingy
06-11-2005, 08:25 PM
yes, quite often at about 6 pm I go for "just a rest" and wake up in the morning! lol:p

chocolatepuppy
06-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I have fell asleep before not expecting to, but usually one of the dogs decides to bark so it's not for very long! :D

buckner
06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
During the school year, it's always Thursday afternoon that I take a 15 hour long nap. I go to bed shortly after I get home from school (around 3pm) and don't get up until 6am (the next morning). What's funny is that I still feel REALLY tired.

Also, I always find myself falling asleep in classes. I don't know how I manage to bring home A's in REALLY hard classes when I sleep a lot. But normally, I'm up until 3 or 4 doing homework in those impossible classes. On Friday mornings (following the night I slept for 15 hours) I work my butt off in the classes prior to when it's due to get all my work done. It's not the greatest, but I manage.

I actually enjoy falling asleep at home when I don't really intend to. It's my body's way of telling me that I really do need sleep. If I get woken up for something after I've fallen asleep accidentally, I'll sleep through it. My family has gotten to the point that we won't wake anyone up. We're always on the run doing something and always getting worn up, and staying up late for various things. My excuse is homework, and lots of it.

Okay, I'll stop rambling.

cali
06-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I once fell asleep in the afternoon and woke up at midnight, thought it was noon, panicked, chnaged, grabbed my school stuf and ran upstairs thats when I realized it was midnight and not noon lol

Oggyflute
06-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah.:D Age kind of has a direct influence on this.:D

QueenScoopalot
06-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Heat wipes me out! The humidity especially has been brutal here the last few days, and sleeping through it is weird to say the least! :eek: Though there's AC in rooms around the house, they aren't efficient enough to chill the place with all the fosters here. I tend to pass out mid afternoon too frequently. :rolleyes: Please heat GO AWAY! ;)

Sweetness
06-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Yes I have. I laid back in the recliner and slept good!!! I never sleep on my back...i just cant do it. I have to sleep on my stomach but i also toss and turn at times a lot. Hmmm.

CountryWolf07
06-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Yup. It happened to me tonight. I fell asleep around 3:30pm and I woke up at 8pm! I didn't plan on taking a nap, but I just was laying in bed petting Rosie, then bam, I fell asleep.

MariaM
06-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Ummm...story of my life. Lol.

That happened today. From...6 ish until 10:30. Last week...like from Monday - Friday...it happened 3 or 4 times which is really bad lol. I get home and after like an hour of doing stuff I go on the couch and sleep till 11. It happens a lot to me...usually about 4 times a month.