PDA

View Full Version : Your LARGE DOG crate dimensions??

Christiansmommy
06-11-2005, 08:15 AM
If your dog is 100-110 lbs, and they have a large crate, can you tell me the dimensions? We are going to order a mesh portable crate for Harlee for when we travel, and I can't invision what would be the best size crate for a 110lb. dog (what she will probably reach full grown)...here are my options:

XL- 48" long, 30" wide, 34" high

L- 42" long, 28" wide, 31 " high

I want to order it ASAP, since we are going away over the weekend next weekend, so i would like to have it by then...so you BIG DOG crate owners...help ;)

Thanks.
Robyn

Christiansmommy
06-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, i went with the 42", b/c i totally forgot that I could measure Dale's dog bed that he used to fit on quite well, and it measured 43", so the 42" crate will work fine...the 48" just seemed really big to me...i know she will be big, but she isn't going to be in it all the time anyway, just when we sleep over the in laws house, or whatever...anyway...can't wait to get it!! :)

BTW, all of the mesh portable crates in the local petstores are like $170, this was $89, plus $25 shipping...so I couldn't beat that price...and it is brand new and really nice, i will post pics when I get it :) The 48" was only $104, plus shipping...i got it on ebay, if anyone is looking for a good quality, good price, portable crate...

Robyn

cubby31682
06-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a good crate. Gracie came with a cage, it is a large Great Dane cage. She has more than enough room to stand, sit, turn around, and lay down. There is even room left in there for me to climb in there with her every once in a while. :D

shutterbug0303
06-11-2005, 01:16 PM
For both of our "big" girls (Sahara is about 115 right now and 31.5 at the shoulders) we use a 54 x 37 x 45. Its the biggest crate they make. The problem is, when you just from the 48 to the 54, the price just about doubles. I got my crate at cost from our local pet shop (it's sure is good to have a great relationship with them) and it was $250.00. For Sahara, it is just the right size. I had people try to get Skye into a 48" crate, but the height is just not right for danes. 54" is the best to go for a tall dog. Seems like you should be good with Harlee though :) Just thought I'd let you know which crates we have.

ginagt
06-11-2005, 01:31 PM
My Golden doesn't weigh over 100lbs but I wanted to share with you the type of mesh crate she has. It's called a Cabana Crate, they are very nice well made crates,light weight fold up flat and come with a carrying bag, all the poles are intergrated so you never have to worry about them. It sets up in seconds.
Here is the link to the website, they even have a place to put in your dog breed so you order the proper size.

www.doggonegood.com
click on crates and cabana crate