PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Nebo

Bigyummydog
06-10-2005, 11:49 PM
We were out driving, again. And we saw this sign.
Guess who we thought of....
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/100_0033.jpg

We are going here on our next camping trip.
I know it's not that exciting, but I got a kick out of it :p

wolf_Q
06-10-2005, 11:56 PM
LOL hey that's really neat. Nebo is named after a mountain.......there's a Mt. Nebo here in Utah too. :D It's funny when I go to the area near the mountain there's all kinds of stores and businesses with Nebo in the name.

Here's a silly question.....how would you pronounce it? Nebo's name is pronounced Nee-bo. I've always wondered if people pronounced it differently.

Bigyummydog
06-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Nee-bo, yes, that's how we say it. It's really a beautiful park. Sooo, I guess I don't have to get anything with his name on it. :D I kinda thought there was a Mt. Nebo there. But I wasn't sure.

Dixieland Dancer
06-11-2005, 06:10 AM
I go to a church named Mt. Nebo. The history behind the name (in case anyone is interested) is that Moses was forbidden to enter the Promised Land as punishment for disobeying God when leading the Isrealites out of Egyptian bondage. He could see the promised land as he stood on Mt. Nebo, but that is as far as he got to it.

Our church actually has a stained glass window of Moses looking at the promised land from Mt. Nebo. I sometimes think of our Wolfq's Nebo when I see the name too! However, I think he has already reached his promised land living with Amy in Utah! :D

flamepony12
06-11-2005, 09:02 AM
That's really cool! There's a whole place in England with the name Devon in it, and there's a Mackenzie River... does that count? ;)