PDA

View Full Version : Really mini Pet Talk Meeting in NJ tonight!!

jennifert9
06-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Well, Michelle (neko1) and I met tonight for the first time!!!!
We met after work at the Friday's about halfway between both our towns. And we had a BLAST!!
I was early (or late...depends on how you look at it) We were supposed to meet at 6:30 but then of course, the ONE night I had plans in the 5 months I have lived in Jersey, I got stuck at work late waiting for a trucker to show up with some drugs!!

Umm...er...wait that doesn't sound right does it!? (I work for a pharmaceutical company and was waiting for a wayward shipment from the FDA) Nothing illicit, I promise!!! :D

So I had to tell Michelle I would be late so we agreed to meet at 7. And doesn't the trucker show up early!! So I ended up arriving at 6:45 and had 15 minutes to wait and worry and be excited....:) Michelle came in and I was so excited, I think I almost knocked her down with my enthusiastic hug!!! Michelle, you are such a beautiful girl, tall, thin with such a cute stylish haircut and a sparkling smile!! I didn't tell you this but I love your smile...your whole face lights up, I think the whole room notices!! (And I'm SURE the guys next to us were checking it out too! Too bad we paid them no attention, we were too busy gabbing!!) :D ;)

Michelle was a good sport and sat at the bar with me so I could **whisper** smoke... I drank about 3 margaritas in 15 minutes!!! (Hey,I get nervous meeting new people, what can I say!!)
We talked NON-STOP for the next 5 hours!!! I think I talked poor Michelle's ears off!! But I did finally shut up and listen and we talked about everything under the sun...we have a lot in common and I can't wait to talk to her again.

I DID make sure to give her an extra big squeezy hug from all of Pet Talk to let her know that we all love her!

We did take pictures but we took them late, just before we left so forgive us both if we look a little silly! Michelle will have to post hers since I can't download mine without the cord (which I lost!!!) Unfortunately, no pet pics, just us! Duncan just has not learned how to get along with cats yet....
We shared pics and stories and laughed a lot...I had a great time and I think Michelle did too... Hopefully we will do it again before Ihave to move... Next time though, I told her I want to meet the cats and husband and of course GARY!! ;)

Cincy'sMom
06-11-2005, 05:48 AM
What a fun time!!!

Barbara
06-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I really really want to see these pics. I suppose I have seen silly faces before so I am sure I can stand! A pity you didn't post this in general- I was really wondering how your meeting went.

Michelle, now tell us your side of the story:D And pics, pics, pics!!!!

Killearn Kitties
06-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, where are the pics??? It's been HOURS since you met girls!!! :D

neko1
06-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Hee hee, sorry everyone, but I've been out shopping all day for my new job!:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/pf6c6f843d7170c5612969f8957ddb915/f3bf0efd.jpg

sorry it's a bit blurry:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p73dddf8534224cde448bd9a324263e43/f3bf0ed9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p68778dca607e8b4ec298bef64fdca8f7/f3bf0ec5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p681b5601f49d41bcca92e851af64f0dc/f3bf0eb6.jpg

I had a fantastic time!!! It was so much fun to actually go out on a Friday night!! Hey Jen, guess what I'm doing tonight...nothing:o

Anyway, Jen is one of the sweetest people I've ever met! She gives great advice and tells great stories! We definitely have some things in common, too. I'm sad that she's moving so soon though, it's a shame we didn't do this 5 months ago:( . She's the first PT'er I've ever met and I hope to see more of her in the future:D

Ok Jen, rest your voice, I'm sure...make that positive...that I will have more stories next time (especially with my last days of work, the "surpise party" and my new job!

Killearn Kitties
06-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Aww, I'm so glad you had a great time!! :D

Ginger's Mom
06-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Glad to hear that you both had such a good time. :) Yes, you should definitely do it again.

Cookiebaker
06-11-2005, 05:47 PM
You guys look like you had so much fun! :D Fridays is the best for a girl's night out!

And I also think that Pet Talk is the greatest in bringing people who ordinarily have never met, together in one spot, with the love of animals in common! That's GREAT! :D

jenluckenbach
06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
What an excellent fun time! :D Wish I could have been there. Maybe it will be MY turn next time, I am sure we are not too far away. (I can drag Catnapper with me) ;)

You BOTH have great smiles, and Michele, I believe that is a new hair style.....I love it.

I am so glad you guys got together. :)

neko1
06-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
:D Wish I could have been there. Maybe it will be MY turn next time, I am sure we are not too far away. (I can drag Catnapper with me) ;)

We (me,my hubby, my mom, my brother, niece and nephew) are taking a family trip to Hershey in September, maybe we could all meet then?:)

jenluckenbach
06-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh yes, remind me!! (if it is a Saturday trip, I will need quite a bit of notice to attempt to get off of work)

shais_mom
06-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I am so happy for the both of you!!!
You look so happy!
Jen when are you moving?
Where to?
Who is Gary is that your S.O Jen? Sorry I have all the questions!
You both look great and Michelle I love your smile and your hair!

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm glad that you met each other and had a great time. PT people are the best.:D

neko1
06-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I am so happy for the both of you!!!
You look so happy!
Jen when are you moving?
Where to?
Who is Gary is that your S.O Jen? Sorry I have all the questions!
You both look great and Michelle I love your smile and your hair!

Jen is moving to PA.
Gary is my hubby's best friend.:)

slick
06-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh my gosh, just look at those beautiful smiles!!! Jen, what a nice thing to do and it certainly sounds like you guys had some laughs and "phun". See Michelle??? Just say the word and Pet Talkers will be there for you....always and forever.

slick xo

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-12-2005, 09:50 AM
That sure was so much fun!!! Thanks for the pics!

gini
06-12-2005, 09:59 AM
There just isn't anything quite like Pet Talker's getting together.

Instantly everyone seems just like family and you can't stop talking.

Great pictures of you both and I am so happy that you met.

anna_66
06-12-2005, 10:32 AM
How wonderful that the two of you were able to get together, sounds like you had a terrific time!
You both are very pretty! I love the new hair, it's gorgeous and
Jen, so nice to finally see a picture of you. I think this is the first time ever!

Glad you got some pictures to share with us!

Barbara
06-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Two very pretty girls who have fun:D

Michelle- like everyone else I love your new hairstyle. Looks very attractive:)

jazzcat
06-12-2005, 11:22 AM
How neat!!! Sounds and looks like you both had a good time!

shais_mom
06-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Jen is moving to PA.
Gary is my hubby's best friend.:)

ahhh I get it!
well how far is Joisy from PA? ;)

But good plan to introduce her to someone to get her to come back! ;)

jenluckenbach
06-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

well how far is Joisy from PA? ;)

Depends on where in PA. :)

catnapper
06-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh cool! Jen, are you the one who is moving to the York area? I forget who it was! Now I gotta do a search! :D

I hope we can make a get together! Hershey would be a cool place to have a get together! Its the Sweetest Place on Earth (or so they say) then we can make PTers jealous for two reasons - 1) we met 2) we got to be sourrounded by all that chocolate!

Jen, worry not, you can hitch a ride with me as my car knows the route to Hershey well.

sabies
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey wait something is going on in my area!? If there is a future meeting in eastern PA/ NJ I'd love to go! (Would that be too many Jen's?)

jennifert9
06-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted here earlier to explain myself...had some trouble at work and then some trouble getting into Pet Talk but it's all good now! :D
Stacy, I already have a significant other!! ;) He's the reason i'm moving to PA actually. Collin has been in PA for 2 months now working and staying in a hotel. Michelle and I just got to talking and she was telling me about Gary and he sounds like a "special" individual, a real interesting character...and I just want to meet him in person! So no, no love interest..althought that would be interesting wouldn't it Michelle!!! LOL!!
Catnapper, YES, I'm the one moving to PA!! And I can't wait! I'm living amongst boxes and bags now and I can't wait to move to our new place!! We ended up getting an FANTASTIC apartment in Wrightsville PA, about 10 minutes outside York. It's beautiful, pet friendly, country setting, about 1 mile from a state park...I can't wait!!
We have to meet in Hershey this summer! Will I be the only dog owner there?;( Not that it really matters...Collin LOVES cats and tolerates Duncan but he will be trying to go home with all of you guys to cuddle with your kitties! Just point him towards home when he's done! :)
Sabies, I was JUST talking about you in a PTers from the past thread!!!!! I hadn't seen you post recently and I was missing you...I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that Denville is so CLOSE to here! I met a woman who lives there when I was waitressing and she was telling me about what a great town it was...I knew I had heard of it somewhere! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet before I left but you NEED to come to the PA meeting! Or better yet, you and Michelle should get together here in Jersey.
OK enough babbling! Michelle, I will be back in town for the completion of my root canal (YUCK!) next week, will you be around Friday night or Saturday? Call me or email!

catnapper
06-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I have a dog! Miss Nicki would love to meet another dog -- but if she continues to go downhill like she's done recently, I don't think I can take her anywhere. Her arthritis has been VERY bad and she hardly walks anymore. :( Its all I can do not to cry when I see her walk. I don't know what we'll do when she can't do steps anymore... set up a doggy litterbox? She has to do steps to go outside, and I can't carry a 100 pound dog. Why do they have to get older? :( :( :(

shais_mom
06-18-2005, 10:34 PM
hugs Kim....

finn's mom
06-19-2005, 05:08 AM
Sorry I'm late seeing this, but, those are great photos! So cool that you two got to meet! :)

neko1
06-19-2005, 07:44 AM
I'll be at Hershey on September 10th!:)

slleipnir
06-19-2005, 12:34 PM
What fun!! I'm jealous though, I want to meet Jen too! Sounds like a blast you guys had!

catnapper
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
oooo.. I'd better keep Sept 10th open! Will you be touring Chocolate World? :D

neko1
06-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Yep, myself and hubby, plus my mom are going to meet up with my brother, his girlfriend, my niece and nephew...and hopefully a few PT'ers?!!!;) :)

jennifert9
06-20-2005, 08:23 AM
I will save the day and definitely be there!! :D

neko1
06-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Jenn,

Are we still on for Friday night?

sabies
06-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi Jen, yes lately I have been on and off pet talk but I'm still around. Stupid work makes it difficult to keep up with all the threads and while at work pet talk is blocked :(. Hmmm, now do I want to go to Chocolate World :p - of course! You know I've never been there, even though I've never lived too far from it!

Michelle - hope we can meet up soon!